Simon Ward, Young Winston has died

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
stuart.uk

Simon Ward, Young Winston has died

Post by stuart.uk »

Simon Ward the actor had died after a long illness, aged 70.

Early in his career Simon looked like becoming a big star. As a young man he played the lead role of Winston Churchill in Richard Attenbourgh's Young Winston. He followed it up with the role of James Herriot in the movie of All Creatures Great And Small with Lisa Harrow, but for some reason wasn't in either the sequel It Shouldn't Happen To A Vet with John Alderton and the tv version with Christopher Timothy in the title roles originally made famous by Ward.

Simon did some good supporting roles in The Three Musketeers and sequel TFM, The Four Feathers with Beau Bridges and Aces High with Malcolm MacDowell. He also had a recurring role in the Martin Shaw/Jenny Seagrove legal series Judge John Deed

In recent yrs his daughter Sophie Ward has been carrying the family flag, starting out with the female lead in the movie Young Sherlock Holmes and more recently as a Lady of the Manor in acclaimed war-time set UK series Land Girls
knitwit45

Re: Simon Ward, Young Winston has died

Post by knitwit45 »

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I like Simon Ward as an actor ... I wished he was thrown into more prominent roles ... I love him in Three Musketeers! ... It's a shame that he never gotten the superstar/megastar rating ... and being deaf and hard of hearing of which I'm ... he made it very easy to follow along and he had a great and wonderful voice on film.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

A better looking actor you'll never find, especially one who could actually act! I cannot believe he was 70.

Thanks for that FABULOUS picture Nan!