A Film that Always Make You Cry

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

SueSue just listed one: Not Without My Daughter. At the end of that movie, after all that Betty went through, first as a virtual prisoner with her husband, and later in that trek across the desert, to be walking that foreign street and see those stars and stripes must have been enough to explode her, it does me every time. Unfortunately that's the feeling our guys are fighting for right now, it's just too bad they were led to the wrong place by our government.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
traceyk

Post by traceyk »

Got another one--"Au revoir, Les Enfants" Beautifully filmed and acted--I love that darker color pallette (what do they call it in movies--when everything looks sort of dark, yet warm? Like the third Harry Potter movie? Or the newer version of "The Mummy?" or just about any recent movie set in Victorian times?)

Anyway, the ending was so poignant, even though you saw it coming...

Tracey
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. "~~Wilde
feaito

Post by feaito »

Excellent choice Tracey... I had forgotten that wondrous film.... and I might as well add right now "Make Way For Tomorrow" (1937) too, one of the most touching films I've ever experienced.
MikeBSG

Post by MikeBSG »

I just watched Gene Kelly's "Invitation to the Dance," and the first episode, "Circus," in which Kelly plays a clown in love with a girl in love with an acrobat, had me on the verge of tears nearly from the first sight of Kelly and the girl.
melwalton

tearjerkers

Post by melwalton »

Some very good ones mentioned here. I'll add a couple. The scene in the park in 'Four Daughters' with John Garfield and Pat Lane Saw this in a theater in 1938, saw it again on tv, the mood was gone. what a difference. The last scene in 'Till We Meet, Again'. In both cases the mood music helped tremendously. 'Moonlight and Tears' which sounded a lot like Schubert's Serenade and the haunting tune 'Where Was I'.
traceyk

Post by traceyk »

Ok, a big pet peeve--commercials that make you cry. I hate when a stupid commercial makes me tear up. I feel so...used! LOL

Anybody else tear up over advertising?
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I see in January's schedule TCM will be showing The Red Pony. If this film does not upset you, I guess nothing will.
bradtexasranger

Post by bradtexasranger »

traceyk wrote:Ok, a big pet peeve--commercials that make you cry. I hate when a stupid commercial makes me tear up. I feel so...used! LOL

I can't say it's never happened, but can't think of one offhand. I'm so curious, which commercials make you tear up?
traceyk

Post by traceyk »

bradtexasranger wrote:
traceyk wrote:Ok, a big pet peeve--commercials that make you cry. I hate when a stupid commercial makes me tear up. I feel so...used! LOL

I can't say it's never happened, but can't think of one offhand. I'm so curious, which commercials make you tear up?
Nothing recently, but a few years back, those "Reach out and touch someone" where someone was having a baby or graduating or some other life-changing moment, always used to do me in.