To Dream of Dogs

Chit-chat, current events
JackFavell

Re: To Dream of Dogs

Post by JackFavell »

That's so funny! I swear, not only are we living the same lives, our dogs are sisters! Lily is definitely a daddy's girl, she LOVES Andrew, can't wait for him to come home. When he drives, she likes to sit right in his lap! We have to hold on to her because that's her place of preference in the car.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

[youtube][/youtube]
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I'm all choked up by that video.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

When he drives, she likes to sit right in his lap!

My car broke down and I can't afford another one. I've been told that IF SHE BEHAVES, Sugar can ride the bus! I can't wait to see how that goes. Haven't tried it yet.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Well, you just make sure Shug holds your leash, and you both may be able to pull this off. Good luck!
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh my gosh, Lily HATES BUSES. We could never do this! Ever since the first day of school last year when the big yellow squealed it's brakes, stopped, and took Alice away, she has had a thing about buses. She barks incessantly when one passes the house, and it's taken all my power to train her not to leap at them when they drive by on our road. Maybe if we actually went IN one, it would be different. :shock:
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

That makes a lot of sense. A great big vehicle that took away HER PERSON? This means war!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I took my poor little dog out in the rain. I know she hates that, but she has to go to the bathroom. While we were out, it turned into a thunderstorm. Shug was terrified! She turned to me for protection. All I did was drag her around saying, "Go pee!" Next time, I'll just let her wait. That can't be any worse than traumatizing her. I'm the worst dog person ever!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

My dog in my youth ... hates the rain also Red River and i know exactly how you feel.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

It's like parents are forever saying to children. I don't do this to torment you. I do it because it has to be done! Try explaining that to a dog!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Personally I find a dog understands far more than a child does and doesn't punish you afterwards, whereas children, especially the female variety sulk for ever.

Whenever we leave Lara and go out, whih is usually only to the supermarket, when we come back in she goes nuts but she has an order in which she finds us and greets us, it's me first, then Chris, quickly around the kids then to me, then Chris and back to me and she stays with me, I'm the person she least likes to go out, I think because I'm mostly here, it's when I go out too she's left alone.

Something very curious has happened with Lara. For the past few days she's been a bit off her food but not ill. Then yesterday when we were walking her we noticed she was swollen in her female parts, this after her just being in season at the beginning of May. Surely no, so Chris goes on the computer to try to work out what it could be. Then the swelling goes down, which makes me thing perhaps she had an irritation or an infection and wasn't going back into season again. It's certainly not bad enough to contact the vet, just puzzling.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Got this in the Mail today ...

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

The Shug drooled on the couch last night. I got a little frustrated. She could tell. So I cleaned it up. Five minutes later, who's standing by the couch, waiting to be invited up? "I said, you can get on the couch, Shug! Just try not to slobber all over it!" I didn't mean to make her feel it was off limits.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Hey, I hope Lara is alright, not swollen any more, and Shug got over her traumatic rain experience! For some reason my computer is not posting my watched threads anymore. I had this trouble over at the TCM message boards before, and because I rely on an email to check for responses, I haven't responded to some of these threads.

Shug understands. Lily sometimes gets a little sulky when I don't walk her on the long walk much, though lately it's been so hot she has stopped to rest even on short walks. But she always forgives me real quick if she doesn't get to go out because it's raining or whatever.

I clipped Lily yesterday and today and I must say I'm proud of myself. Her fur is a bit bumpy in a couple spots, but it's not any worse than they did last month at Petco, when they shaved her completely. Next time, I'll leave her ears a little longer, I pruned them a little too much on the sides and it's bumpy, but after I washed her it looked better. I think it's because the hair is curly so it doesn't lie flat. Other than that, she looks pretty good!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

What is it with dogs and their bellies? I like to pet the soft parts. The back of the neck, the ears. Shug always rolls over and offers me...THE BELLY! We compromise. I scratch for a minute or two. Then I want some soft stuff!