LONGMIRE

mrsl

Re: LONGMIRE

Post by mrsl »

Well, better late than never I guess. Longmire DID come onto On Demand by the second week, which is good for me because I'm DVR'ing a lot of stuff on Mondays, but I choose to watch Longmire and tape the other things.

Anyway, I loved watching the modern approach to cattle rustling and catching the culprits. I hope Walt whips the pants off of that scumbag Branch. I dislike him more and more each week. Too bad tho because the guy playing him is a real cutie. Now we find Vic has some sort of latent secret life, hmmmmm, wonder what we learn about that in the future. Please tell me Blondie is only a passing fancy for Walt, there's just something about her I don't trust.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

RATS ! ! ! I was looking forward to seeing Walt kick the pants off of Branch in the debate but he is such a stubborn cuss ! He looked so nice in his uniform, I wanted to punch him out myself for changing back into his regular clothes. Anyway, I don't care what anyone says, Branch is a skunk and I hope he gets the s*** kicked out of him again.

That darn box - now that you've called my attention to it, I wonder how long they will keep it shrouded in mystery.

Excuse me but I've gone thru the last three weeks and have still not seen the scene where Walt tells Henry that he didn't have to kill that guy in Denver because it was his (Walt's) job to do it. Am I hallucinating or what??? I would really appreciate an answer.
Anne

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

I think Walt just won the election by NOT wearing that uniform, and stepping right out to handle the drunk man with a cap pistol, while Branch jumped behind the podium to hide. Branch looked like a fool and a coward, Walt looked like a Sheriff. If he had worn the uniform, people would have questioned his motives in doing so. He is what he is, and tackling the Contrary man made him a hero, no matter how dressed.

I saw Walt tell Henry that, also, but not sure which episode it was. The first one this season, maybe?
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

knitwit:

You are so right about the uniform! mea culpa or in the language of today, My Bad (that sounds so lame). In any case, anything that makes Branch look like a fool and a coward makes me happy.
Anne

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

While watching the show, I got perturbed when I saw the sign that said "Sheriff, Branch Connolly", and thought "Whhhaaatt???", I even backed up the DVR to see it again and paused on the scene with the sign. It still bothered me because it didn't say 'Connolly for sheriff', but later, thank goodness, Walt informed the bike guy that HIS deputy would take care of things.

I think somebody realized something because Henry has been getting bigger parts lately, and I hope they keep getting bigger, in fact a real lady friend would be nice.
Anne

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Loved, loved LOVED the phone call to Henry! You could almost see the blush, and feel the heat when his 'lady friend' tried to describe what she wanted.....wowzers!!!! :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops:
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Really liked this week's episode (I always like more Henry!) and especially enjoyed some more hints about Vic's backstory. Not sure what happened in Philly but whatever it was, it ended badly enough that she moved half way across the country and flew very under the radar.

Next week it looks like the detective from Denver comes back to Wyoming to do a little more digging.

This show is even better this season than last!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Lynn:

I think it takes at least one full season to get familiar with the characters - which ones you like better than others, which you want to see more of, and which you would like to see developed more.

Knitwit:

I loved it too, especially with the smart director who kept the close-up on his face. Lou Diamond had a good chance to prove his acting chops with that single scene.
Anne

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

What a long dry spell...Annie, I've been dying to hear what you thought of the past couple of episodes. Cady's 'accident' really put the election in perspective didn't it? I think Branch is going to become more and more interesting, as he untangles himself from the bad guys. He is basically an honest man who just makes poor choices, and rides on his good looks to avoid hard issues. He has a lot of growing up to do, and I'm wondering if he and Longmire don't become allies in finding out who sabotaged Cady's car.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

OMG!!! (as the kids say, knitty), you put it all in perspective so well! I think you are spot on about Branch. It looks like Cady's tire was shot out and I wonder if A Martinez had a hand in that.

I also think Walt blames himself and his roll in the hay with his girlfriend for what happened to Cady (he wasn't home when she stopped by and you know Walt, he thinks he could have prevented it). So, I wonder, how will he and his lady weather the storm?

And my heart just breaks for Ferg!!!!

Katee Sackhoff should get major points for turning Vic into a real character this season and Henry, well I just can't say enough about Lou Diamond Phillips!

This season (with only two episodes left, I think) has been just great!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Walt is ummm, rather furry, isn't he?? :oops: :oops: that Sun Dance ceremony was kind of shocking :shock: :shock:

Talk about sacrificing for your child.....eek.

LDP is so good in this...well, they all are. The Ferg was a man on fire, it just breaks your heart to see someone so in love, with no hopes at all.

Can't wait for Monday! I hope they don't have some lame cliff hanger...
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Maybe one of you can figure out exactly Vic is feeling for Walt because I can't. It's weird the way she hid that gift from Blondie a couple of weeks ago and how she shot daggers at her last week when she saw her. She claims to care for her husband but she shows more feeling for Walt than hubby.
Anne

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Anne,

I don't know that Vic has romantic feelings for Walt (at least I hope not mainly because I don't want the show to go in that direction) but I think she is very protective of him from a friend's point of view. I think whatever caused her to the leave the police force in Philadelphia (or was it Pittsburgh?) and caused her and hubby to leave the city as well probably put a damper on her career aspirations at least in that part of the country.

I suspect that Walt was willing to take a chance on her and she has been grateful for that ever since.

I think Ruby, Ferg and Vic are all very protective of Walt in their own ways. I think Branch will become more protective of Walt as the show goes on.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

lzcutter:

I'm sure you are 100% correct about the protective thing. I've had friends that I felt protective for so I know what you mean.

One thing I can't believe I forgot to mention was that walk to the truck, the turn around, the stomping back inside, the tossing of the hat and THAT grab -- YIKES!!! Then there was the lighter step into the office the following morning. Of course I'd be happier if it was someone I liked better, but that was still a great scene. A lot of the cowboy heroes have done basically the same scene, but Robert Taylor seemed to put just a little bit more ooomph into it, didn't he?
Anne

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I don't think Branch is going to change. I think a lot of the stories are going to be him trying to outwit Walt, e.g. why is he keeping the info about Cady's car to himself instead of sharing it with Walt? He's a skunk, and I think he's going to remain one.

I was half afraid that the guy who plays Ferg was written off, but happy to see him in the preview for next week.

I haven't been able to handle watching a "Sun dance" ritual since the one that caught me unaware in A Man Called Horse, years ago.

You're right about Walt thinking Cady's accident was his fault, and hopefully Henry will be able to turn his way of thinking around. I still haven't caught the blond's name, either in real life or on screen - probably just because I just don't like her, but seriously, did some hair dresser really think that braided job was attractive? Bad move, bad move.

Loved the way Walt handled Branch in uniform at the end. PERFECT and showed who's the best man!
Anne