LONGMIRE

knitwit45

Re: LONGMIRE

Post by knitwit45 »

funny you should mention that...I remember thinking, "H'mmmmmmm" when I saw his chest...He was actually FURRY when he was doing the Sun Dance......of course, this time, I was a bit distracted.....but I did notice the absence of the wounds...eventually.... :lol: :oops: :oops: :lol:

I think Lizzie was out the door before she came to his house. He bolted away from her at the hospital, when she tried to comfort him. I think if it had been the secretary or Vic, he still would have withdrawn, but a lot more subtly than with poor ol' Lizzie.....

Chris, we are getting ready for our 50TH high school reunion, and we are all Weller's age....The planning committee has some rock stars and some little OLD people on it...wonder what the whole class will be like????? of course, I haven't changed a bit....HAAAA!!!!!!!!!
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Knitty:

I hope you have a truly wonderful time, my 50th was in May and even if you were at your 25th or 35th, it's still hard to recognize some of the people, especially if you didn't have many classes with them. My problem was that being an all girls Catholic school, home rooms and classes were planned by alphabet so people whose last name started with 'B", rarely saw or had classes with people whose name started with 'W' so be sure to check out the names before you try to guess who you're waling up to. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Anne, I have a real advantage in this, as I am keeping the database of classmates, so I'm familiar with all the class. They are sending in photos, and their biographical info. We have some real survivors in the group.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Ladies,

Nothing about the finale? Yet?
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Okay, Knitty and Madame Cutter, thanks for putting the curse on the finale with the remarks about a cliff hanger :evil: Thank you to the writers for their wonderful sense of humor - Not just ONE cliff hanger, but THREE :x :x :x Holy cannoli, Branch all shot up (heh, heh, heh :roll: ) is Vic out of a job? and Henry is getting carted off to jail - geez. and now we have to wait until next January, no less to find out what happens, no pressure there writers.

movieman, I'm glad you've caught up so we can talk freely now. Chest hairs - no, don't like it on the face either, and definitely hate the grubby 5 O'Clock shaddow look. But I can handle seeing Walt in just about any disarray - especially in a towel :oops: :oops: :lol: :oops:
Anne

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Anne, I'm glad I caught up too. Terrific show. I'd hate to think all of you held back because I was behind.

I'd like to see more of Ferg. He may not be the most interesting character but there is more depth than what may seem.
Chris

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Wow! I wasn't expecting that turn! Hopefully, Branch pulls through.

If Vic has to kill Ed Gorski, I hope it looks like self-defense.

Wondering if Jacob Nighthorse had something to do with setting Walt's wife up?

And Henry going to jail???? Hopefully, Walt and Branch get this figured out real soon!

Just sad we have to wait till sometime next spring to find out. :twisted:
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

NEXT SPRING?!!!
Chris

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

I liked the fact that Branch finally talked to Walt about what he had found out, I think there will always be some 'issues' between the two of them, but it looks like they are going to be better with each other. I had heard that Robert Taylor does most of his own stunts, and that last scene of him running with Branch over his shoulder...wow. He looks totally at home on a horse, too, doesn't he? Thought it was interesting to show him in the beginning of the show, riding along in a beautifully peaceful setting, just before all hell broke loose...

I'm sure relieved to know neither Henry, Hector or Walt were the killers....and I'm thinking Jacob Nighthorse has a whole lot of 'splainin' to do. Was that him, dressed as the Dog Soldier, who attacked Branch? And WAS it the body of the man who sabotaged Cady's car that was burned, or was it someone else? that Jacob Nighthorse is one nasty piece of work...

Spring sure is a long way off.....
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

knitty,

I thought the dog soldier was the supposed "dead" guy who committed suicide (though not really and Jacob burned something or someone else on the pyre) but you are right, it could have been Jacob as we have seen him dressed in as dog soldier in previous episodes. And dressed as a dog soldier, Branch wouldn't have recognized him.

I am really liking the turn in Walt and Branch's relationship. I also wonder if that cigarette butt that Branch picked up, if it has any meaning or if it was just a way to show that Branch is becoming more like Walt.

I hope that the person who comes through Vic's front door isn't her husband. That would be too convenient way to get rid of that character.

Looking forward to Walt figuring out the mystery and Det. Falas getting his comeuppance.

A & E hasn't renewed the show yet for another season but according to the trades, it is A&E's highest rated dramatic show and only trails "Duck Dynasty" in overall viewership.

That has to count for something!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

you know, I guess the 'dead guy' IS dead...Walt & Henry watched the video (thank heavens SOME things are not shown on tv...yet....) and what do you bet that Jacob was holding the camera, and encouraging him to take the 'honorable' way out. The detective is so mired in his own prejudices, he WANTS Walt to be guilty, or suffer watching Henry be imprisoned.

erk! I didn't know it hadn't been renewed yet....ERK!!!!!

I would love to see the Ferg's character developed, also. I loved it when he told the rest of them how he knew he couldn't safely arrest the suspect so he tracked him by putting his watch in the truck bed. I think they all underestimate him, including Walt.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

But Walt gave that little smile, always with his back turned, for Ferg's smart move. He did the same thing for Branch too. He's not keen on giving anyone, save for Cady, too much approval.
Chris

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

As much as I like Longmire, I can't abide the thought that it TRAILS Duck Dynasty in ratings. How, why, and for what possible reason could a person choose to watch Duck Dynasty? I can't look at those guys for the length of the commercials, let along choosing to see them for a whole half hour. I saw them for a few seconds on the Leno show when I was channel surfing, and the sight of that long stringey hair, unkempt and un-manicured beards(not to mention how much of their dinner was hidden in the beards), and horrible mouths almost is worse than the thought of stepping in someones fresh vomit. They are so disgusting, they truly make me feel ill, and believe me, I change the channel as quickly as I can. :( If you think I'm too harsh, I apologize to you, but they are really repulsive to me, and I can't help it.

Anne

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

We can all breath easier tonight! A&E announced late today that Longmire has been RENEWED for a third season!!!!

Let the celebrating begin!!!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Ya-hoo!!!!!!!

And FYI...I LOVE Duck Dynasty....yes , they have beards. They also have some of the best family values, they are not afraid to stand up and proclaim their beliefs, and they place family 2nd, with God first. And they are achingly funny in their doofyness.