RITA HAYWORTH - The Love Goddess

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Rita Hayworth

Re: RITA HAYWORTH - The Love Goddess

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Lomm and the SSO Members and Guests
Managing My Collection

I have a very large collection of photographs of Rita Hayworth and how I managed my collection and display them here on this site. About 98 percent of my collection is housed at Bank Vault in Vancouver B.C. because my agent is a dual citizen of both USA and Canada. So, I go to Vancouver B.C. pretty much on a Monthly Basis to manage my collection and meet with him as well.

2 percent of my collection (the prime and most valuable collection is located in my Bank Vault) that I visit once a year for insurance purposes and its important that these pictures are readily available for my personal use.

When, my agent purchase a picture, or I purchase a picture, and receive one as a gift - every picture gets scanned and modified into JPEG format and compressed so that they all can fit in by a 500x500 pixels mode so that they are housed on my own personal computer. Each picture is copied and formatted and my agent has a duplicate copy of my files here so that we can communicate each other so that we both on the same page talking about a particular picture.

I do this process about 3-5 hours a week and its a hobby that never ends. The recent new photographs that I shared with you was resulted by that process and every picture that owned is on my computer including the 8 pictures that I have on my walls at home.

Eventually, I will be narrowing down my collection soon - and potentially about 300 to 400 pictures will be sold to budding collectors like me that wants them. I will be buying only great pictures of Rita Hayworth from now on and I won't be posting very few new ones along the way. I'm 54 years old and retired and I will be thinking about cutting down my collection from 4100 pictures down to 3600 by end of 2014.

I know its crazy to have 4100 pictures and they are on my computer and you can see its quite an hobby of mine and that's why I prefer to share them with you via attachment method rather by IMAGE HOSTING SERVICE like Photobucket, Flickr, and others too. I got out of the IMAGE HOSTING SERVICE for good and figure out a way to make it work here under the new hosting site.

It's a great hobby of mine and I love collecting her and been doing this ever since I met the COVER GIRL HAIRDRESSER FRIENDS in CALIFORNIA and seeing a old reel movie of Cover Girl starring Rita Hayworth. Cover Girl was the first movie that I seen of Rita Hayworth and out of 60 plus movies - I have about 30-35 of them on DVD's.

It was the Hairdresser got smitten on the LOVE GODDESS - and my love of RITA HAYWORTH. To me, she is the quintessential glamorous woman in Hollywood history. To me, she is so dreamy - that's why - coined my personal expression of DREAMLIKE GORGEOUSNESS ... i know its sounds corny to you - when you are a guy looking out for a girl - you want a dreamboat in your dreams and that is why I consider her the most electrifying woman in Hollywood History. I maybe biased - but I put her in the top 5 in my list of gorgeous actresses that ever graced the Silver Screen.

Anyway ... its the hairdresser of Cover Girl got me started and my love of Rita Hayworth - that's why I asked Sue Sue and the rest of Admin Staff to change my original name of Kingme to Rita Hayworth not so long along and I thought it would be a fitting tribute of my love for her.

I know this is rather personal ... but I don't mind it one bit to share what I feel from time to time.

Anyway ... I wanted to express my thoughts and thanks LOMM for his comments here and that's how I managed my collection here and my ability to share them to you.
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Erik,

I am so glad that your bathroom poster is protected; when I first read that you had a poster in your bathroom, my first reaction was to warn you to place it in glass, but then I saw that you've already done that... Whew!!!!

Also, I'm happy that you are sharing these photos with us - who know and appreciate Miss Hayworth and not leaving them boxed up, never to see the light of day.

Now a delicate subject:
Have you considered who or where you'll bequeath this collection to?
How about The Motion Picture Home in Woodland Hills California? That's where my collection of gifts, momentos and bric-a-brac are headed....
I have my grandmother's Faberge eggs (not the Imperial ones!!); and her jeweled frogs, turtles & elephants; and my governess' jeweled bugs and butterflys; Binnie Barnes' miniature jade horses; and Loretta Young's Japanese doll collection and pictures.
Also, Rex Harrison's ceramic cardinals and Dolores Del Rio's gold medallion of the Mayan calander.
And lastly, Mae Murray's huge jade lion (given to her in 1925 by L.B. Mayer) and Pola Negri's gold and ruby lion snuff box (that once belonged to her mother)...
All are to be displayed in cabinets there in the foyer, and next to Roddy McDowell's garden..
Think about it....

Larry
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Wow, that's impressive! Really appreciate your detailed answer, which I wasn't expecting at all. :)
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Very impressive indeed, Erik.

Larry, as I said before, I envy you all those magnificent pieces you possess.
Joseph Goodheart
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Vecchiolarry wrote:Hi Erik,

Now a delicate subject:
Have you considered who or where you'll bequeath this collection to?
How about The Motion Picture Home in Woodland Hills California? That's where my collection of gifts, momentos and bric-a-brac are headed....

Think about it....

Larry
Good question Larry, I already taken care of it. When, I die my collection the 2% goes to my family and the reminding 98% goes to private sales like ebay, auction houses, and whatnot - so that all proceeds of my collection goes to Alzheimer's Research in care of my own Mother who passed away a little more a year ago. Rita Hayworth died of Alzheimer's too and I feel it's would be a fitting tribute of the remaining 98% of my collection. I already have a POWER OF ATTORNEY taken care of and my FAMILY as well. I have one for the 98% and one for the 2% - they both work together on this and make all the connections to get the ball rolling ... the 8 on my walls at home goes to my family including the two AFFAIR IN TRINIDAD posters - My Nephew wants both of those posters and he is the only one in my family is interested in it and when I die - its goes straight to him.

Other than that ... Its all taken care of and its important that sales of the 98% goes straight toward Alzheimer's Research in care of my own Mother first and Rita 2nd.

Thanks for your concerns Larry and again your collections of Eggs and everything about it - Wow - That's Amazing!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Lomm and Joe ... thanks for your comments and I do enjoy sharing them when I can ... appreciate your thoughts as always. :)
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

More Salome Beauties
Part 1 of 4

With Charles Laughton and Stewart Granger ... I just loved the top photograph of the three of them here.
Attachments
Salome (13).jpg
Salome (13).jpg (62.8 KiB) Viewed 4054 times
Salome (14).jpg
Salome (14).jpg (49.34 KiB) Viewed 4048 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

More Salome Beauties
Part 2 of 4

My favorite pictures of her and Charles Laughton here ...
Attachments
Salome (15).jpg
Salome (15).jpg (38.6 KiB) Viewed 4039 times
Salome (16).jpg
Salome (16).jpg (77.62 KiB) Viewed 4048 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

More Salome Beauties
Part 3 of 4

Even better of them here ... simply gorgeous images of them here!
Attachments
Salome (17).jpg
Salome (17).jpg (37.16 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
Salome (18).jpg
Salome (18).jpg (32.76 KiB) Viewed 4039 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

More Salome Beauties
Part 4 of 4

Sentimental Favorite Romantic Photograph of Rita Hayworth and Stewart Granger in Salome ... tomorrow Miss Sadie Thompson another 1953 Film.
Attachments
Salome (19).jpg
Salome (19).jpg (21.12 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
Salome (20).jpg
Salome (20).jpg (45.91 KiB) Viewed 4037 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Salome Bonus Pictures
Hotel Room Photos - Without Makeup

Relaxing in her Hotel Room during the production/shooting schedule of Salome ...
Attachments
Salome Bonus.jpg
Salome Bonus.jpg (37.69 KiB) Viewed 4036 times
Salome Bonus (1).jpg
Salome Bonus (1).jpg (53.51 KiB) Viewed 4029 times
Salome Bonus (2).jpg
Salome Bonus (2).jpg (36.1 KiB) Viewed 4029 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Miss Sadie Thompson
1953 Movie

Last edited by Rita Hayworth on October 15th, 2013, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Miss Sadie Thompson
Misc Pictures 1 of 2

Four of my favorite Color Candids of her during this movie ... my favorite photograph of her is one on top ... check out those shoes ... dig the plum color and so stylish too.
Attachments
SThompson.jpg
SThompson.jpg (60.4 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
SThompson (1).jpg
SThompson (1).jpg (49.44 KiB) Viewed 4028 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Miss Sadie Thompson
Misc Pictures 2 of 2

And these two gems as well ... Very colorful photos! ... More coming tomorrow all color from that movie!
Attachments
SThompson (2).jpg
SThompson (2).jpg (55.83 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
SThompson (3).jpg
SThompson (3).jpg (56.33 KiB) Viewed 4024 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Miss Sadie Thompson
Part 1 of 5

Enjoy these ten pictures of Rita Hayworth in this delightful tropical movie ... back in 1953.
Attachments
SThompson.jpg
SThompson.jpg (27.53 KiB) Viewed 4011 times
SThompson (1).jpg
SThompson (1).jpg (32.38 KiB) Viewed 4012 times