Merry Christmas!

Chit-chat, current events
Rita Hayworth

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Masha wrote:
JackFavell wrote:They are so pretty and romantic to me.
Shawls are necessary due to the cold. That does not mean they must be plain.

One aspect which I have found strange is that most Americans appear to have the view that dress in Soviet era was drab. My father's mother was a farmwife and I believe that every piece of clothing which she owned was embroidered no matter how utilitarian it might be.

Interesting - I did not know that Masha that every piece of clothing was embroidered ... thanks for sharing that!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Thanks for the additional information on the subject of embroidery ... Masha. :)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

You are right! All their clothes are embroidered! And there's that shawl again. Need to go to ebay and find one, fast! :D
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Christmas Tree at my Dad's House

My brother and his wife helped my Dad decorate the family tree three days ago and they took this picture around 7:30 after finishing up putting the lights on the tree and took this snapshot of it in total darkness with a flash.

I thought I share this cool photograph of his windows served as a reflections of lights on his tree this year.

It would be your best interest if you download this image on your computer to see in its entirety.
Attachments
Christmas 2013.JPG
Christmas 2013.JPG (87.58 KiB) Viewed 2910 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Thanks Masha ... my older brother took that photo and shared it with me! :)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Masha, I am also sad, because my mother was an excellent seamstress, but I inherited none of her talent. I took a sewing class in junior high school or maybe it was high school and made the ugliest dress ever. I have attempted to sew Halloween costumes for my daughter, which have worked out well because she only wore them once and in the dark no one can see the terrible stitching or the parts where the sewing machine got stuck.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Ha! I've seen the wrapped kitty before... the only thing I can imagine is that his ego is so large that he dotes on the attention received when sitting perfectly still like that. :D I was waiting for him to go into a flurry of shredded paper and ribbon.

Masha, thanks for posting the puppies today! I have to go to my mother-in-law's house to see the German part of my family tonight, and I think I will just keep this on a continual loop all day to keep me calm.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

That is too funny, Masha! I remember the key incident very well. I don't know whether I would be happy or want to kill my husband were he to do such a thing to me! But I suspect it would be closer to happiness, at least on reflection to the previous year, that he cared enough to spend so much time and thought in making me crazy.