The Five Little Peppers

Discussion of programming on TCM.
mrsl

The Five Little Peppers

Post by mrsl »

I have a question in to Mongo about the littlest pepper, but I have to say, those were cute little movies, perfect for a dreary day. Although pretty much pie in the sky, all the kids were good and the stories fun except for the oldest sister, she never seemed to warm up to the camera.

Did anyone else watch these movies yesterday? What was your reaction?

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

Hi Anne,
They played while I was at work but I was able to record three of them for viewing later. Which was your favorite?
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

The middle son (whose character and real names I don't recall) was also featured as "Butch" in the "Little Rascals" shorts. Same basic character, different setting. I saw the first to air and that was enough for me. If I were younger or it was 50 years ago, maybe I could have endured more.

As always,

Hollis
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Cinemalover:

I think my favorite of them was Five Little Peppers at Home, only because it has the hard edged old man taken over by the adorable little girl. It's been used since before even Shirley Temple, but with the right kid, it still works, and this little girl was marvelous.

As I said before, I'm not raving about these movies, they are very formulaic and readable, but you have to remember most movie goers were used to brats like the Bowery kids and Dead End kids, so when a nice, well spoken, well behaved group like this one came along, audiences were probably happy to see them for a change.

I'm not necessarily recommending that you run out and rent them, but they are a nice change from violence, killing and pillaging.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************