LONGMIRE

knitwit45

Re: LONGMIRE

Post by knitwit45 »

For all my fellow Fergies...

image.jpg
image.jpg (58.52 KiB) Viewed 13713 times
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

For anyone who has the money and is interested, you can get both season 1 and 2 of Longmire for $39.98 each from the A & E site.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

So now after the second episode with Henry still in the hoosegow, I think this is going to be a pretty good season. I hope they keep up the tone they've started with. Both last week and this week, I was shocked when I glanced at the clock and saw there were only a few minutes left of the hour because time had gone by so swiftly. Sorry but my rattled brain can't recall if it has ever been mentioned whether or not Cady is a full fledged, card carrying attorney at law. I thought she was still in school in Season 1 before coming home. Please tell me if I'm wrong. Did anyone notice there was no mention of the blond lady in either episode? Maybe enough people (like me), voiced their dislike of her and she was written out of the show, although I hate to see anyone lose a job, but I just never felt any kind of chemistry with her and Walt.

I'm going to TRY to force myself not to watch for a few weeks so I can sit through my own private marathon, therefore making the show seem longer.

So, any comments from anyone before I give mine?
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
tinker

Post by tinker »

I am just envious you can see the third season. I got the dvd's for this show and became absolutely hooked on it. I love a show with a little mysticism and a thread of connection plus complicated relationships through the episodes and this sort of western covers all my favourites plus the cast. Vic is a great character, able to stand her ground but still vulnerable.

And Henry of course, to say nothing of Walt. You get so used to caricatures of Sheriffs in modern films, Walt is like someone almost from a past era. Or maybe the show is just well written so all the characters move away from stereotypes.

I watched the second season in a few days and now I'm going to have to wait a year for season three. Curses.

dee
[b]But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams[/b]. (William Butler Yeats )
[b]How did I get to Hollywood? By train.[/b] (John Ford)
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Anne:

I haven't seen any of season 3 and so far in the first four episodes of season 2 "Lizzie" is not around. What I remember of her being around later in the season is that they did have a sort of uncomfortable relationship. Lizzie was trying too hard to get Walt and it became that Walt was trying to like her all the while not really letting go to enjoy a relationship.

It was strained. It's tough when you are running at two different speeds.

If you want the answer to your question check out imdb. I won't spoil it here.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Anne,

I think in the first season that they mentioned a couple of times that Cady was a full-fledged lawyer. I'm glad she has taken Henry's case and this season is quite good so far.

I wonder if the mystery surrounding who shot Branch will be with us all season? And I did like Walt's notion that Branch wasn't the target, but his old man (Gerald McRainey) may be.

And Jacob Nighthorse is just untrustworthy no matter how you cut it. But I am glad to see A Martinez back with us this season!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Lucien Connally is, by far, my FAVORITE member of the Connally family (sorry Barlow and Branch).

Terrific episode this week and I really like how Walt is beginning to put all the pieces together.

Will it be in time to keep Henry out of prison for good?
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!

Graham Greene is a wonder. How in the world did he gain his freedom? He is, I believe, even more evil than Nighthorse!

Was his story just revealed this past week, or did I miss something? I have seen this actor in comedic roles, he is also on my favorite sci-fy show, Defiance, and now Longmire. This season is really heating up, isn't it?
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Knitty,

It is indeed and I am really liking it.

Mordaci may have had something on one of the parole judges. We know he is not above breaking the law and blackmail.

I agree, he is another side of bad, even worse than Nighthorse. He will screw over anyone, even his own people, for his own means.

And he wants the Red Pony bad, if only to put "Hank" in his place.

I've adored Grahame Green since the beginning of his career and am really glad to see him on the show.

Years ago, I worked with the actor who plays Matthais, the sheriff of the Res, when he was just starting out. Took me this long to remember that.

Growing old ain't for, well, Bette Davis said it better than I and she was right.

On the other hand, meant to give Ferg a shout out last week for being a troubled youth and knowing all about the wilderness camp.

I really like Ferg.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

So do I. the Ferg is one of the best things about that show. He was so sweet to Cady, I don't think she had a clue as to how he felt about her.
Hope we get more of Mordecai's back story...
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Good stuff.

I don't know how Lucien fits into all this but I'm glad he's there. He's just hanging around doing bad cowboy poetry. (The "home" can't keep him trapped so he might as well hang out with Walt.)

Had fun showing The Bride what Peter Weller looked like when he did "RoboCop." Changed a little, huh?

Branch has trouble coming. And how can anyone not like "The Ferg?" Driving a 1979 TransAm qualifies him for cool. The fact that some things he does makes Walt smile (though he wouldn't let on) is fun.

You know, I think everyone but Ruby and Ferg has trouble coming. Can't wait.
Chris

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Hi Chris!
I think Lucien is Branch's uncle, and Walt's predecessor. He is pretty dang cool, isn't he? Hope he is in more of the shows.

Looks like someone (Walt?) puts his hands on Jacob Nighthorse, and ol scary goes ballistic. Can't wait!!! :shock: :shock:
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I knew the family relationship about Lucien, I'm just not sure why he is always around. Not that I mind. He is very interesting.
Chris

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Am I the only Longmire fan who finds themselves talking like Henry?
Lynn in Lake Balboa

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Better Henry than Lucien.
Chris