RITA HAYWORTH - The Love Goddess

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Rita Hayworth

Re: RITA HAYWORTH - The Love Goddess

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Candy Cane Marilyn Monroe
Surprise Guest Star

You will be seeing more of her in upcoming days ... and I'm mixing up Rita and Marilyn for a very special treat for all of you!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Marilyn Monroe Great Photo from Niagara

One of my favorite photograph of Marilyn Monroe in that Movie back in 1953.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Because, I'm feeling very unhappy the way I'm been treated here - I'm cancelling my Christmas Special and leaving this site good-bye.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Erik, I am not sure what treatment you feel has been unfair by anyone at the SSO, but I do not believe that your feelings were intentionally hurt by any mods. I hope that you realize you are welcome to continue posting. I only wish you well, now and in the future.

I have always tried to treat you with respect and cordiality, but each of us must realize that all our posts will not evoke a response from others. While I cherish our little site and enjoy the contributions of each person, I often remind myself that there are several factors at work here, as I have mentioned to you before privately:
1.) Our members have daily concerns and interests outside of this site and do not always feel inspired or have time to respond to posts.
2.) Everyone is not especially interested in Rita Hayworth or other images of others.
3.) Many members like to post about a broader range of topics or only on certain topics. No one is compelled to post a response to a topic.
4.) As we have discussed previously, the images that you share might gain a wider audience and appreciation if you chose to post to Tumblr, Flickr, or a photographic tribute blog.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Vienna

Post by Vienna »

Oh, what a shame .I will miss looking at those gorgeous pictures of Rita.
Masha

Post by Masha »

I fear that my nature may have been a factor in Erik feeling unloved on this site. He many times made complimentary comments regarding images which I posted to feline thread but I had never found good things to say concerning this thread. This is because I do not give compliments solely to make reciprocal comments. I like Rita Hayworth in many of her roles but I am not enamored of her and I find little attraction to images of her. It would have been false of me to say kind things which I do not truly feel concerning images he posted here. I find that to be slippery slope because saying nice words concerning things which I do not truly find nice means that I must then use superlatives for those things which I do find nice as a manner of differentiating them from comments made only as form of social tact. I must then expound at length on things which I find wonderful. I find this escalates quickly to the point that my skill with words is inadequate to express my appreciation for content which is astonishingly beautiful.

I understand Erik's feelings well. I have made threads concerning unusual movies and Mosfilm movies and these threads elicited virtually no comments. My disappointment is twofold because lack of comments underscores that my tastes are not in line with others in this forum and it does mean that I am failing to properly bring interest to world of movies which I am sure many would greatly enjoy if they could be induced to experience them. I have modicum of control in latter issue only in very localized sense as I am making modest progress in my husband refreshing his understanding of Russian so that we may watch and enjoy some movies together sans sub-titles. I am sorry to say that methods which I can employ on him are not suitable or possibly even legal when applied to general population.

I will miss Erik's participation in this forum and I wish him well in whatever venue he choses for his future endeavors.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

No need to take any blame upon yourself. You are being honest and that is what we all should be.

You have brought a unique perspective here and it is mainly through my lack of knowledge on some things you mention, and what would seem my inability to get to see some of the these things, that put me in a similar bind. On these things I have little to contribute. That you bring awareness at least makes them possible - maybe someday.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I'm Back on a PART-TIME BASIS ... Posting Pictures on a weekly basis

Kinda Shocking, but I have gotten down to 50 Pictures of Rita Hayworth that I'm planning on keeping and I will be sharing these pictures on this thread on a weekly basis on Sunday.

I have gotten rid of 97 percent of my collection and kept the upper 3% of which it's exactly 50 pictures that I'm keeping for good and having said that ... i will be sharing the other 48 at two pictures at a time every Sunday of the ones that I kept for good.

My next post will be the two brand new pictures that you've not seen them and I will be alternating these two pictures on a monthly basis for my Avatar.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

New Pictures of Rita Hayworth

New Photograph #1
Taken in 1947

Just before she did Down to Earth of which it was released in August 1947. This is a very rare photograph of Rita.

New Photograph #2
Taken in 1946

Taken after she did Gilda and this is a very unusual gown that she is wearing here and I believe it was taken in the fall of 1946 and some people that I know of said to me it's might be taken in 1947. To me, it's very difficult to determine this and frankly ... I can go either way on this.

These two pictures will be my Avatars here in this forum ...I'll rotate them in and out on a monthly basis.
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Ericl,

Glad to see you back..
Hope you have been well...

I'm currently in London for a royalty conference And will be in LA later in April flor TCM Flestival...

Nivceg to see Rita back again...

Larry
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Welcome Erik! As you can see I did not delete your thread when you suggested it. :)
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Larry,

I will be in London for 2 weeks in May on a Private Tour in May of 2017 and this will be my 4th trip to England since 1994.

Update: It's up to 80 photographs and I will have another 120 on loan to share on Sunday.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Animated Gifs of Rita Hayworth

From Lovelier her 2nd movie with Fred Astaire!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

More Lovely Gifs from Rita!

Shorty George Routine - Part of it.

[youtube][/youtube

Associated You Tube too ...
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

From Down to Earth - 1947 Movie