Re: CANDIDS II

Post by mongoII »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
VIRGINIA GREY (1917 - 2004)
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Birthday gal Virginia Grey co-starred with Barbara Stanwyck in "Crime of Passion"

[on Barbara Stanwyck and Crime of Passion (1957)] We filmed in 1956. This was five years after I dated Bob [Robert Taylor] and she filed for divorce. I accidentally put my coat on her chair and she tore into me with a vengeance in front of everyone. She never mentioned Bob, but she resented me for going out with him. She had no other reason for hating me/.
Joseph Goodheart
rerun

Post by rerun »

It always amazes me. While I was working on The King and Four Queens with Clark Gable - I was sitting on a horse waiting to work when I overheard Clark Gable say to his friend as he nodded towards me, "who does she remind you of - yep Ginny." Then I had the same dentist as Nancy Reagan and he said, "you remind me so of Nancy Reagan that it like working on a ghost." So I guess because I do not have outstanding features, that I look like who ever you are thinking of . . . hahahahaha. That was really good for the doubling business cause I looked like them all!
[color=#0000BF][i]Avatar: John Cantarini (Martha's husband) on future world record holder Crazy Kid. He won six in a row
on him.[/i][/color]
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Dear Rerun!!

Well, at least you looked like 2 very attractive ladies.....
Thankfully, they didn't think you reminded them of the creature from the black lagoon - ha, ha..
If you resemble Virginia Grey - you must be a doll - Arlene Dahl??????

Larry
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Birthday gal Virginia Grey with the love of her life Clark Gable

She had an on again/off again relationship with Clark Gable in the 1940s. After his wife Carole Lombard died and he returned from military service, Clark and Virginia were often seen at restaurants and nightclubs together. Many, including Virginia herself, expected him to marry her. The tabloids were all expecting the wedding announcement. It was a great surprise when he hastily married Lady Sylvia Ashley in 1949. Virginia was heartbroken. Ashley and Gable divorced in 1952, but much to Virginia's dismay their brief romance was never rekindled. Her friends say that her hoping and waiting for Clark was the reason she never married.
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
KENNETH TOBEY (1917 - 2002)

JOAN CRAWFORD (1905 - 1977)
Joseph Goodheart
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

rerun wrote:It always amazes me. While I was working on The King and Four Queens with Clark Gable - I was sitting on a horse waiting to work when I overheard Clark Gable say to his friend as he nodded towards me, "who does she remind you of - yep Ginny." Then I had the same dentist as Nancy Reagan and he said, "you remind me so of Nancy Reagan that it like working on a ghost." So I guess because I do not have outstanding features, that I look like who ever you are thinking of . . . hahahahaha. That was really good for the doubling business cause I looked like them all!
(For what it's worth, from what I've read about Lady Sylvia Ashley & seen of Virginia Grey, Gable should have had his head examined)

Several lovely photos of the "many faces" of Martha (aka rerun) can be seen in the thread devoted to her visit here in 2013 when she discussed her life and work in Fall Girl: My Life as a Western Stunt Double. It's great to see you posting, Martha!

Here's a link to that Question & Answer:

http://silverscreenoasis.com/oasis3/vie ... =36&t=6371
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

Eeek......... That picture of Joan Crawford - she could be applying for a job as Bubbles the Clown!!!

Gable's girls - - Carole Lombard, Virginia Grey, Sylvia Ashley and Kay Spreckles all resembled each other to a great degree.
And Joan Crawford and Rhea Langham looked similar, although Rhea was much older...
I once witnessed a cat fight between "Lady" Sylvia and Sheilah Grahame in a restaurant, which ended with Grahame calling Sylvia 'no lady'.... The "B" word was used!!!!!! So much for British reserve.....

Larry
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Cesar Romero attempts to plant one on Birthday gal Joan Crawford while she
ends up with his mustache
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

RITA GAM (1927 - 2016) R.I.P.
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
STEVE McQUEEN (1930 - 1980)

GENE NELSON (1920 - 1996)

RICHARD CONTE (1910 - 1975)
Joseph Goodheart
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Birthday boy Don Barzini Richard Conte enjoyed painting, seen here with one of his canvases.

Image courtesy of NYPL.
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Birthday boy Gene Nelson has a good time romping with his son Chris
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Birthday boy Steve McQueen is feeling no pain as he attempts to chat with John Wayne
Joseph Goodheart