Hello Everyone

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
EP Millstone

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by EP Millstone »

Cinemaspeak59 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 2:24 pm Hello Everyone, I see some familiar names, and look forward to talking about movies!
Cinemaspeak59,

Based on your TCM Message Board activity, you seem to enjoy games and trivia. You'll find an equivalent forum on The Silver Screen Oasis.

Games and Trivia
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Okay then, look at me go. I got to this posting screen all by myself. Isn’t that a man.

Dear Moderators,
I tried to read all the rules and regulations last night but I fell asleep. I’m happy to find a place to crash and if I go off topic, like I’m prone to do, then I’ll have to be scolded I guess. I’m still a boy, you see, I never made it to a man.
BingFan

Post by BingFan »

Hi all! I just joined last night, and this is my first post. I’m really glad to be here.

I happened to be on the TCM Message Board this morning at 10am. At that point, the latest message had been posted within the last minute, expressing surprise, like several previous posts, that the Board was still working.

As I was reading those messages, the Board flickered and reloaded. The options for replying or starting new topics were gone. I guess that was the end of the TCM Message Board.

I’m glad that we can continue our discussions here. Thanks so much to the longtime SSO members for allowing the TCM refugees to join you!

BingFan
Masha

Post by Masha »

Thompson wrote: December 1st, 2022, 8:29 am Okay then, look at me go. I got to this posting screen all by myself. Isn’t that a man.

Dear Moderators,
I tried to read all the rules and regulations last night but I fell asleep. I’m happy to find a place to crash and if I go off topic, like I’m prone to do, then I’ll have to be scolded I guess. I’m still a boy, you see, I never made it to a man.
It is a widely known fact of nature than men can get older but never grow up.

Welcome!
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Masha

Post by Masha »

BingFan wrote: December 1st, 2022, 11:06 am
As I was reading those messages, the Board flickered and reloaded. The options for replying or starting new topics were gone. I guess that was the end of the TCM Message Board.

BingFan
I visited a very short time ago. It is not possible to start a new topic or reply. I found that it was still possible to 'like' posts and to edit my previous posts. I imagine those functions will disappear also as the sunset sinks below the horizon.

I suspect the delay in 'pulling the plug' was a supply chain issue: they had not yet received their regularly scheduled delivery of December.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
dianedebuda

Post by dianedebuda »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: November 18th, 2022, 3:40 pm I finally get my Z back! I admit I'm surprised people remember this. Makes me feel wanted.
and without a poster and reward offered. :D
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

The TCM Board is still "like-able."
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

Hiya, kids.......Hiya, Hiya!! :D
was "mr6666" @ TCM
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

So glad you're here ziggy!
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

ziggy6708a wrote: December 1st, 2022, 7:36 pm Hiya, kids.......Hiya, Hiya!! :D
Hello.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Nice to be among (or I suppose if you happen to be one of those superfluous 'u' spellers out there, "amongst") old friends again here!
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Dargo wrote: December 1st, 2022, 8:22 pm Nice to be among (or I suppose if you happen to be one of those superfluous 'u' spellers out there, "amongst") old friends again here!
Howdy, Dargo old chap. Nice to see ya around these parts. Now with a full body avatar, to boot.
Watching until the end.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Dargo wrote: December 1st, 2022, 8:22 pm Nice to be among (or I suppose if you happen to be one of those superfluous 'u' spellers out there, "amongst") old friends again here!
The prestige of The Silver Screen Oasis just significantly increased (as has your avatar).

Welcome, Dargo!
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Thanks guys! Appreciate the warm welcome here.

(...and so, and as Redford says at the end of that one flick, "What do we do now?")
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Well we critique, Mr. Dargo, we watch with purpose and then critique. Remember when Orkey and Sweet Billy kidnapped Ms. Kitty? It was for purpose. Orkey came to the Longbranch and came a purpose.