Post by Hibi »

OK. I thought so, but wasn't sure! :D
Hibi

Re: TCM announces it is sunsetting the TCM Forums

Post by Hibi »

LostHorizons wrote: December 6th, 2022, 12:50 pm
laffite wrote: December 5th, 2022, 7:27 pm
LostHorizons wrote: December 5th, 2022, 7:12 pm

Instead of doing the raffle he should have just bought a new effing Invision board. Then he would have actually been a “god” to the TCM fan base for doing that.
If I have it right, he would pay $30 a month for the gift cards. Invision Community is $99 a month.
While accurate, it is still likely based off how easily he drops that money for the raffles that he likely has enough disposable income to set up an Invision board if he really wanted to.
I'm sure that Tops will see to it that he wins at least ONE of the monthly gift cards! :D
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Hibi wrote: December 6th, 2022, 12:33 pm I have no news on Lorna. I, as well as many others pm'd him, but I never got a response. CinemaInternational did get one one recently and he knows about SSO. He hasn't appeared yet. Some others I used to like haven't appeared here either. I know one said it wouldn't let him register.
Who are some of the others you're missing, and who couldn't register?

I'll miss CigarJoe if he doesn't register here, and lavenderblue from the games section. MissWonderly was a fixture, too. Has Tom registered here? I think I recall seeing him post once.

Many of my favorite people have arrived here, so I'm happy with it so far. I'm just sorry I have to muck it up with my own presence.
Watching until the end.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Miss W has not registered yet and is apprehensive about trying. Lavender did finally get in, but had a lot of problems. I haven't seen any posts yet, so am wondering if she still has problems. Haven't seen CigarJoe or DougieB. Vautrin. Lorna, of course. Peebs. I'm sure I've forgotten some who only posted occasionally. Yes, Tom is here.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

It's comforting to see the name with same avatar picture. Extra cool to see Speedy's original avatar. Lawrence is the only one I can pick out with changed avatars because he did it "there".
Great to see you "at the party" Lawrence, you were sometimes pretty quiet over at TCM.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

OK for all those who don't know Lorna from the TCM Boards, here's a sample I've kept:

"Brando HAMMY? Why how very DARE you!
Where is my shocked face? (rummages purse) Oh that's right, it's been at the Cleaners since I wore it out wearing it 300 days straight back in 2016"

Other Message Boards have had threads, "Random Forum Quote of the Day" for gems like that. The TCM one had more unintelligible posts than brilliant ones.
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

TikiSoo wrote: December 6th, 2022, 1:59 pm OK for all those who don't know Lorna from the TCM Boards, here's a sample I've kept:

"Brando HAMMY? Why how very DARE you!
Where is my shocked face? (rummages purse) Oh that's right, it's been at the Cleaners since I wore it out wearing it 300 days straight back in 2016"
I remember that! That was after i dubbed Brando's performance in Last Tango in Paris as being on the hammy side. (Still stand by that statement)
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

So a forum member here has gone to the "other" forum to complain that this forum is complaining about that forum. And then the guy says he doesn't think he's "welcome" over here. I wasn't aware of the guy even being on here, and barely recall him from the TCM boards.

The TCM forums may be gone, but the drama remains...
Watching until the end.
BrianNH2OK

Post by BrianNH2OK »

Well, that's me.
And I'm not surprised you don't know I'm here. I introduced myself a week or so ago, and the thread went silent. I've only posted a couple of times here, but was quite regular on the TCM boards. As I stated on the other site, there are interesting things going on over there as well as interesting things going on over here. You can call it drama if you want, but I wouldn't.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

LawrenceA wrote: December 6th, 2022, 3:51 pm So a forum member here has gone to the "other" forum to complain that this forum is complaining about that forum. And then the guy says he doesn't think he's "welcome" over here. I wasn't aware of the guy even being on here, and barely recall him from the TCM boards.

The TCM forums may be gone, but the drama remains...
LOL. Life never changes......
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

I remember you. Hope you aren't going to be a "spy".
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

BrianNH2OK wrote: December 6th, 2022, 4:05 pm Well, that's me.
And I'm not surprised you don't know I'm here. I introduced myself a week or so ago, and the thread went silent. I've only posted a couple of times here, but was quite regular on the TCM boards. As I stated on the other site, there are interesting things going on over there as well as interesting things going on over here. You can call it drama if you want, but I wouldn't.
I haven't received a lot of direct responses to my posts here, either. It's one reason I miss the "Like" option, so at least one would know if their posts are being acknowledged.

I see you responded to a few of GaryCooper's posts. If he continues as he did on the TCM board, where he was JakeHolman, he's not likely to respond much. He primarily just posts YT clips and tweets, with little to no commentary.
Watching until the end.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Hibi wrote: December 6th, 2022, 1:15 pm
laffite wrote: December 5th, 2022, 7:27 pm

If I have it right, he would pay $30 a month for the gift cards. Invision Community is $99 a month.
While accurate, it is still likely based off how easily he drops that money for the raffles that he likely has enough disposable income to set up an Invision board if he really wanted to.
I'm sure that Tops will see to it that he wins at least ONE of the monthly gift cards! :D
Hibi, you're not suggesting that (GASP!) the gift card raffles are r-r-rigged, are you?

. . .faints . . .
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

OH, NO. Didn't realize GaryCooper was JakeHolman. Thanks for that info! I hope he stays away from politics on this forum.

Yes, I miss the like function also. Now you have to quote someone to get your point across. :(
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

HoldenIsHere wrote: December 6th, 2022, 4:31 pm
Hibi wrote: December 6th, 2022, 1:15 pm

Hibi, you're not suggesting that (GASP!) the gift card raffles are r-r-rigged, are you?

. . .faints . . .

LOL! I miss the emjois! Heaven forbid. More likely he'll post a lot to make sure he wins! :D