More BBCode Formatting Please!

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
EP Millstone

Re: More BBCode Formatting Please!

Post by EP Millstone »

Lomm wrote: December 5th, 2022, 8:50 pm . . . I'm sorry to say you may have to deal with seeing too many while I figure out how to hide some of them.
Speaking strictly for myself, if more smiles were all I had to deal with in life . . .

I AIN'T COMPLAININ'!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, LOMM!
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Lomm wrote: December 5th, 2022, 9:30 pm I have to do them one at a time to "hide" them. :headbang: There is a bulk editor but it doesn't work. Oh well...going to do a few at a time here and there until it's easier to navigate the posting screen. By the way, they will still be available to you if I hide them, under the view more smilies link at the bottom there, so if you see one you really like, and then you don't see it... you can still get to it! Give me a little bit of time to get this under control.
laffite

Post by laffite »

EP Millstone wrote: December 5th, 2022, 9:40 pm
Lomm wrote: December 5th, 2022, 8:50 pm . . . I'm sorry to say you may have to deal with seeing too many while I figure out how to hide some of them.
Speaking strictly for myself, if more smiles were all I had to deal with in life . . .

I AIN'T COMPLAININ'!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, LOMM!
I am confused. i cannot find the post where I addressed you as Mr and your reply to it. Why is it gone? Threads are hard to navigate.

Masha has a line identifying the person in avatar. Maybe i should ask her. Maybe she is using a signature function. I don't know, I'll ask her.

The other thing is where you put your WC Field's quote. I assume that it is automatically attached to your post. Or do you have to do something every time you post. i think you said something on how do this, i did not understand it.

I used Mr as a bit of humor. But to also heap a bit more respect because you have so forthcoming with tech matters.

I am overwhelmed by the emotions. I don't know what to say. Most of these I will never use.
. Perhaps we can have some input from others as to preferences. Some I like : :smiley_heartbounce: :smiley_cheer: :smiley_sick: :smilie_happy_thumbup: :smiley_clap: :smiley_innocent: :smiley_cheers: :smiley_snoopy: :cool: :smiley_worship: :cheesy:

And again, many thanks, LOMM, you are highly praised around here lately and you deserve every bit of it. :smiley_clap:

And thanks to you, E.P.
:shock: .
Masha

Post by Masha »

laffite wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:29 pm
I am confused. i cannot find the post where I addressed you as Mr and your reply to it. Why is it gone? Threads are hard to navigate.
The confusion might be due to there being several threads in different boards discussing similar issues. You might look in both: Site Talk and: Help to see if you can find the pertinent threads.

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

laffite wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:29 pm I am confused. i cannot find the post where I addressed you as Mr and your reply to it. Why is it gone? Threads are hard to navigate.
laffite,

One way to find posts is to click the name of an SSO member.

In the Viewing profile screen, click the Search user's posts link or click the Most active forum or Most active topic links to see the member's posts.

You can also search your own profile:
  1. Click your name.
  2. In the Viewing profile screen, click the Search user's posts link or click the Most active forum or Most active topic links to see your posts.
I see that txfilmfan helped you out with creating a signature. Sorry about misinterpreting your question.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Masha wrote: December 5th, 2022, 11:34 pm The confusion might be due to there being several threads in different boards discussing similar issues. You might look in both: Site Talk and: Help to see if you can find the pertinent threads.

Ummm . . . errrr . . . I . . . uhhh . . . (Ahem!) I don't know how to tell you this, Masha.

But, you got fleas!
Masha

Post by Masha »

EP Millstone wrote: December 6th, 2022, 12:58 am
Ummm . . . errrr . . . I . . . uhhh . . . (Ahem!) I don't know how to tell you this, Masha.

But, you got fleas!
Just the one. His name is Max. He is staying with us until he can afford a deposit on a new collie.

Last edited by Masha on December 6th, 2022, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
laffite

Post by laffite »

EP Millstone wrote: December 6th, 2022, 12:35 am
laffite wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:29 pm I am confused. i cannot find the post where I addressed you as Mr and your reply to it. Why is it gone? Threads are hard to navigate.
laffite,

One way to find posts is to click the name of an SSO member.

In the Viewing profile screen, click the Search user's posts link or click the Most active forum or Most active topic links to see the member's posts.

You can also search your own profile:

1. Click your name.
  2. In the Viewing profile screen, click the Search user's posts link or click the Most active forum or Most active topic links to see your posts.
I see that txfilmfan helped you out with creating a signature. Sorry about misinterpreting your question.
I do know about the profiles but perhaps not how to use them in the heat of battle. So, thanks. And I don't think I formulated my questions adequately regarding my signature question. Masha was correct when she suggested that I was confusing threads.

Thanks to you both.

--laffite
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

OK, smilies are UNDER CONTROL! :D All of the new ones can be seen by clicking the link under the visible ones to see all the smilies, and I have made the requested ones above available right on the reply/post page. We can always add (a few) more now that we don't have several pages of scroll bar to see everything.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Lomm wrote: December 5th, 2022, 7:43 pm I found out today that Windows, Mac, and smartphones all let you use your emoji keyboard to post to forums. I had no idea this was the case until now.
Mac: CTRL + CMD + Space (I don't have a Mac to test this)
I've got an Apple computer. control+command+space does indeed display emojis 😀 . I never knew this! Thank you, Lomm!

Thank you also for corralling the Smilies!
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Masha wrote: December 6th, 2022, 1:32 am Just the one. His name is Max. He is staying with us until he can afford a deposit on a new collie.

If he's British, a pound is all he'll need to find a new home.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Lomm wrote: December 6th, 2022, 10:17 am OK, smilies are UNDER CONTROL! :D All of the new ones can be seen by clicking the link under the visible ones to see all the smilies, and I have made the requested ones above available right on the reply/post page. We can always add (a few) more now that we don't have several pages of scroll bar to see everything.
:smilie_happy_thumbup:

Thank you, again.

You are a Prince/Princess of a person.

:smiley_snoopy: Good Grief! Emoji City. WooHoo!
laffite

Post by laffite »

laffite wrote: December 6th, 2022, 2:54 pm
Lomm wrote: December 6th, 2022, 10:17 am OK, smilies are UNDER CONTROL! :D All of the new ones can be seen by clicking the link under the visible ones to see all the smilies, and I have made the requested ones above available right on the reply/post page. We can always add (a few) more now that we don't have several pages of scroll bar to see everything.

Thank you, again.

PS that top emoji , the person is holding up his thumb with approval, right? I hope it's not some vulgar thing. TY
laffite

Post by laffite »

laffite wrote: December 6th, 2022, 2:57 pm
laffite wrote: December 6th, 2022, 2:54 pm

Thank you, again.

PS that top emoji , the person is holding up his thumb with approval, right? I hope it's not some vulgar thing. TY Or perhaps holding something in his hand?
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

That is a thumb, yes. :lol: