Any Trouble Accessing TCM Message Board?

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Hey guys,

I am one of those folks who likes to post both here and at TCM. Due to my real life commitments these last six months I have not been posting much at all in either place.

I like to visit the TCM board for the handful of posters who are still trying to hold the place together. (Kyle, Patful and a few others) I know a number of people don't particularly like CinesageJr but I find his posts on film and film history always worth reading.

Plus, I was fortunate enough to be able to participate in the latest TCM Challenge that Kyle is hosting. Voting has begun!

I love this site for a variety of reasons. As I have stated before, it is evolving into the site that Moira and I hoped it would.

I would encourage everyone to post their thoughts about films and not be worried about how the post will be taken. One of the joys of this site is that we all act adults and can agree to disagree without name calling and hurt feelings.

As for those who may be worried about not having enough film knowledge, one of the great things about film is how it impacts each of us as individuals. Everyone views a film differently and everyone sees little details in films differently. I love to hear how films have impacted people as I believe that film has the power to remind us of who we were and what we held important.

With that in mind I would encourage everyone to post about a film whether you liked it or not. I love to read posts about why a film works for some and not for others.

So feel free to post away!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I hope I didn't sound childish and possessive about SSO/TCM posting. My only concern is that I don't get to see what everyone has to say. I only wish that if you post on TCM, you copy it over here as well, especially the in-depth commentaries. I've started a Casablanca thread under Drama and hope you will all take advantage of it and input your feelings both positive and negative.

Thanks, :P

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Anne,

No problem. I try to copy my posts both here and at TCM so that everyone can read them.

I'll take a look at the Casablanca thread and add my two cents!

Thanks again!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I'm still having problems with TCM this morning. Funny thing is, when I do get the site to pull up, no one else (except people here) are somplaining about this. Maybe TCM put a hex on us? :wink:
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

Hmm...well I just checked and the message board works for me.

(There's no reason for me to really read it yet. I'm waiting for the March schedule :D )