Chit-chat, current events
ken123

Post by ken123 »

I am deeply sorry to hear the news about you dad.
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Dear Lynn,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, as always. Take care,
and know that this wonderful SSO community is ready to offer support,
sympathy, and strength.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

Let me add my condolences to you and yours. I know this must be a tough time. I doubt there's much we can do to help you through this, but if there is, just ask.
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Lynn, my deepest condolences on the loss of your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sandy K
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Lynn, you have my deepest sympathy. Since I lost both my parents I realize the severity of your loss.
My condolences to you and your family. God bless.

Joe
Joseph Goodheart
Moraldo Rubini

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Lynn! I've been away from the Oasis and just found this thread today. I actually found this thread as I was worried about you and your father. After clicking on your handle to find your last posts, I found this. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you, dear one.
CoffeeDan

Post by CoffeeDan »

Likewise, Lynn. I'm just getting back here after months of computer and Internet access problems, and I just now read about you losing your dad. You've been good to me in the past, and it's hard for me see such a classy lady as you go through this pain. My prayers and thoughts go out to you, along with my belated condolences.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Hey y'all,

I wanted to take a moment and say thank you so much for all the kind words.

I was able to log on for a few minutes through-out the weekend and was able to read the messages.

Every one of them touched my heart and I appreciate, more than words can say, how much they helped me through this very difficult time.

I truly appreciate my extended family here and I look forward to spending more time with you in the weeks ahead.

Till then, please know that your messages of support mean a great deal to me.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Dear Lynn,

I don't know how I missed this thread but I did. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. No amount of conditioning ever prepares you for the inevitable. It hits just as hard when you know it's coming as when it hits you from the blind side. I lost my mom 20 years ago on her birthday and my dad 2 years later on what would have been their 46th wedding anniversary so I know what you're feeling and it's not pleasant. Try to remember all the happy times you shared together over the years and feel fortunate that you had him as long as you did. My thoughts are with you. May it pass quickly.

As always,

Hollis
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Wasn't sure where else to put this but singer/songwriter Dan Fogelberg has died.He had been diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2004.

Unfortunately his hits were not nearly his best songs. He had a career that ran 30 years. He played maybe 70% of the instruments on his albums. He was equally at home with jazz and country as well as rock.

Some of my favorite albums were "The Innocent Age", "Nether Lands", "Twin Sons of Different Mothers" and "Windows and Walls."

He was 56.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
klondike

Post by klondike »

movieman1957 wrote:Wasn't sure where else to put this but singer/songwriter Dan Fogelberg has died.He had been diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2004.

Unfortunately his hits were not nearly his best songs. He had a career that ran 30 years. He played maybe 70% of the instruments on his albums. He was equally at home with jazz and country as well as rock.

Some of my favorite albums were "The Innocent Age", "Nether Lands", "Twin Sons of Different Mothers" and "Windows and Walls."

He was 56.
I remember "Twin Sons"!
I had it on cassette and practically played it to death in my car-deck back in the mid 70's!
The whole album really smoked (and not just when my capstans misaligned), but I always felt that "Power of Gold" was the most overlooked heavy-hitter - some radio-play, but never what it deserved!
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Fogelberg and Weisberg did a followup years later called "No Resemblance Whatsoever." Not the groundbreaker that "Twin Sons" was but pleasant listening.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."