First Film that comes to mind...

ziggy6708a

Re: First Film that comes to mind...

Post by ziggy6708a »

even though the word "Film" is in thread's title....
there is THIS... ;)

next: a 50's classic murder mystery
was "mr6666" @ TCM
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

ziggy6708a wrote: May 5th, 2023, 5:40 pm even though the word "Film" is in thread's title....
there is THIS... ;)
WAIT a sec here, ziggy ol' boy! Was NOT every cartoon ever made (before the advent of computerized animation, anyway) done on..wait for it.."FILM"?!!! Yep, it sure was! And besides, I don't see where it says in the heading of this thread it strictly defining the word "film" as being solely of the "full length live action" variety. (I rest my case...and yeah yeah, I would've made a damn good lawyer, huh) ;)
ziggy6708a wrote: May 5th, 2023, 5:40 pm
'Touch of Evil'

Next: filmed in the Sierras
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Next : filmed in the Sierras

Out of the Past

Next : film about Hollywood
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

Boy Meets Girl (1938)

next: an unhappy king
was "mr6666" @ TCM
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

ziggy6708a wrote: May 6th, 2023, 5:20 am
next: an unhappy king
'Becket' (1964)

Next: set in England's industrial heartland
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Sing as We Go (1934)

Next: Allergy
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

I Confess

Next: Classic era girl "buddies" picture

Sepiatone
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Sepiatone wrote: May 6th, 2023, 11:12 am

I Confess

Sepiatone
Sepia ol' buddy...ziggy's next here was offered up quite a while earlier in this baby, and so before you reply with something, please always make sure that you're on the latest and last page and to the very last posting on it. Thanks.

(...I believe Swithin's "Allergy" was next up here, ya see)
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Dargo wrote: May 6th, 2023, 12:08 pm
Sepiatone wrote: May 6th, 2023, 11:12 am

I Confess

Sepiatone
Sepia ol' buddy...ziggy's next here was offered up quite a while earlier in this baby, and so before you reply with something, please always make sure that you're on the latest and last page and to the very last posting on it. Thanks.

(...I believe Swithin's "Allergy" was next up here, ya see)
The nature of this board is making this game more complicated than it needs to be (IMHO). The insistence of some to quote the previous post, or comment on the game, makes the whole business very cumbersome. Sometimes there are double, and even triple, quotes. I don't think it would kill anyone to go back to the previous page, on the rare occasions that might be necessary, to see what the last clue was.

If the TCM board was still easily accessible, I would provide a link to show how easily and smooth it used to be. Since that's not possible, I will be a little be sacrilegious and provide this link:

https://classicfilmtvradio.freeforums.n ... comes-mind

And yes, my last clue was

Allergy
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Swithin wrote: May 6th, 2023, 12:15 pm
The nature of this board is making this game more complicated than it needs to be (IMHO). The insistence of some to quote the previous post, or comment on the game, makes the whole business very cumbersome. Sometimes there are double, and even triple, quotes. I don't think it would kill anyone to go back to the previous page, on the rare occasions that might be necessary, to see what the last clue was.

If the TCM board was still easily accessible, I would provide a link to show how easily and smooth it used to be. Since that's not possible, I will be a little be sacrilegious and provide this link:

Actually Swithin I've found that there is one distinct advantage to using the quote function in this little game, well that is IF everyone would take the time to delete every earlier past quote that they're not actually quoting with their latest response, and as I've just done after quoting you here.

This distinct advantage being that IF some other player has beaten you to the punch (so to speak) in replying, your post will not automatically be entered into the thread but will instead prompt you that someone else has indeed replied to the player with an answer before you have. Sure, you can then override this prompt, but when this happens to me (and it has many many times) I don't override this but instead then just go back up there to Myrna Loy's profile (which is in effect an "update your screen" function) and then re-hit the last page of the thread I was in to see what new posting and who posted it before I had attempted to post my reply. I then see their reply, I then quote and reply to them, BUT once again AFTER cleaning out (deleting) every earlier reply but theirs.
Allergy
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Dargo wrote: May 6th, 2023, 1:17 pm

Actually Swithin I've found that there is one distinct advantage to using the quote function in this little game, well that is IF everyone would take the time to delete every earlier past quote that they're not actually quoting with their latest response, and as I've just done after quoting you here.

This distinct advantage being that IF some other player has beaten you to the punch (so to speak) in replying, your post will not automatically be entered into the thread but will instead prompt you that someone else has indeed replied to the player with an answer before you have. Sure, you can then override this prompt, but when this happens to me (and it has many many times) I don't override this but instead then just go back up there to Myrna Loy's profile (which is in effect an "update your screen" function) and then re-hit the last page of the thread I was in to see what new posting and who posted it before I had attempted to post my reply. I then see their reply, I then quote and reply to them, BUT once again AFTER cleaning out (deleting) every earlier reply but theirs.
Allergy
I understand your point, but my point is that the point of this game has always been simplicity. Your suggestion that: "IF everyone would take the time to delete every earlier past quote that they're not actually quoting with their latest response..." takes away the simplicity angle. If the posters on topbilled's board can deal with it, surely we can deal with it here? I think part of the issue, in comparing the two boards, is that many of the people in "the other place" are people who have been playing their game all along. Here, because threads that are posted in become part of the "Recent Topics" area, thus encouraging people to play who never or rarely played, when the games were down below in their own space. (One of the things I really like about this board is the "Recent Topics" feature, so I'm not dissing that, apart from how it has enabled making the games more complicated.

And now I can't even figure out what the last clue was!
laffite

Post by laffite »

Swithin wrote: May 6th, 2023, 3:00 pm
Dargo wrote: May 6th, 2023, 1:17 pm

Allergy
I understand your point, but my point is that the point of this game has always been simplicity. Your suggestion that: "IF everyone would take the time to delete every earlier past quote that they're not actually quoting with their latest response..." takes away the simplicity angle. If the posters on topbilled's board can deal with it, surely we can deal with it here? I think part of the issue, in comparing the two boards, is that many of the people in "the other place" are people who have been playing their game all along. Here, because threads that are posted in become part of the "Recent Topics" area, thus encouraging people to play who never or rarely played, when the games were down below in their own space. (One of the things I really like about this board is the "Recent Topics" feature, so I'm not dissing that, apart from how it has enabled making the games more complicated.

And now I can't even figure out what the last clue was!
Swithin, you are a Hero!! I have been talking these lines forever and no one listens. Maybe they will listen to you. In fact, a recent post of mine was zapped by Admin without explanation, but no harm ; I believe I inadvertently made it sound like I was targeting someone, which I wasn't. At TCM, this thread thrived and no one ever in my memory quoted another,unless in a rare instance a comment was being made, but never on a standard answering the prompt or clue.

In the interest of 'simplicity' all that is needed for this thread is to gaze upon the present clue and answer. What need to quote? Especially, as was pointed out, the quoting system can create a mess.
Mona
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

The last one was Allergy

Mrs. Doubtfire - Pierce Brosnan is allergic to pepper

Next :a musicbox
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Dressed to Kill (1946)

Next: Tango
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Swithin wrote: May 6th, 2023, 5:47 pm Dressed to Kill (1946)

Next: Tango
True Lies

Next : dance contest