SPORTS

Chit-chat, current events
laffite

Re: SPORTS

Post by laffite »

If the Vegas Desert Rats win today in their game with Dallas they will be the second semi-finalist to sweep their series.

Ergo, both semi-finals would be sweeps!

I wonder even if that has ever happened before?

The National Hockey League playoffs.
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

GaryCooper wrote: May 25th, 2023, 8:41 am
Nobody rounds the bases like Babe Ruth. Makes you cry, the way he does it.
GaryCooper

Post by GaryCooper »

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow.
D. W. Griffith
GaryCooper

Post by GaryCooper »

D. W. Griffith
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

The Rangers are on a roll. Bochy and Maddux work real well together. Hitters up and down the lineup. Charismatic team. I woke up this morning and thought about Mike Maddux and the way he always puts his hand on the pitcher’s shoulder and then puts his fingers to his lips while he is talking. Now obviously Maddux does this for psychological reinforcement. I have to see next time which hand he places on the pitcher’s shoulder. Does he use a different hand for a lefty? Does he put his hand on the pitching shoulder or the other one?
GaryCooper

Post by GaryCooper »

D. W. Griffith
GaryCooper

Post by GaryCooper »

06/08/1969
D. W. Griffith
GaryCooper

Post by GaryCooper »

06/09/1973
D. W. Griffith
GaryCooper

Post by GaryCooper »

D. W. Griffith
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Mike Maddux puts his left hand on a right handed pitcher’s shoulder. He puts his right hand on a left handed pitcher’s shoulder. Now we know.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I’m feeling sick. I can’t tell exactly what is wrong, but something is wrong. I never throw up but I’ve been drooling all over the place. Plus I’m all itchy. Remember me with a kind candle and tell Laffite he did what he could. Deep down he is a good person. I’m proud to have known him and to have taken batting practice with him during the 2023 Mardi Gras World Series home run contest. What was that Big L, a 442 shot to dead center?
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

No, that’s right, he doesn’t like baseball anymore, never mind and it was only a 402 shot to center. The gas I have in my intestine is extraordinary. You could take that gas out and throw a slider or a slurve easy. I am concerned somewhat with the gas versus the smell. The smell is taking what seems to me way too long. Used to be you farted and smelled it straight off. All this waiting around to smell it is abnormal.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

But that’s the nature of sports. It’s all about competition and bodily functions. My dad was a professional wrestler. He had a constant nose bleed. He sorta looked like that one actor who played in that one movie about a professional wrestler, big guy, Anthony Quinn. He was a mean SOB , my dad, but my mom was even meaner.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Dad didn’t wear a wife beater T shirt or live in the garage. He used to go to work until he got fired. Then he got another job but quit. Dad did things his own way, which is to say he didn’t do much of anything at all. Did I love him? Not really, but he was a good bowler and professional wrestler.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Mom was a three pack a day Winston chain smoker and know it all. Just ask Mom. The family put Mom in this plush nursing home where the only rule was you can’t smoke inside. She smoked inside, in her room, again and again and got kicked out of the nursing home. I was for just letting her crawl around on the street but the family overruled me and took her cigarette smoking ass back home.