Humorous Memes

Chit-chat, current events
Thompson

Re: Memes

Post by Thompson »

There is still a warrant out on Laffite. Seems he stole a whole round of melba toasts from the Circle K, and also a twelve pack of Slim Jim’s. I don’t know what has got into Laffite lately, I’ve told him where to get Cajun boudin sausages, I gave him his rubber coin purse back with the nickel and two pennies in it. I gave him all the parade routes for next year. I told him where the portalets are. I don’t know what else to do.
laffite

Post by laffite »

I generally don't carry no stinkin' coin purses with me. If i want money on me I have my own personal armored truck that traces my steps. Never know when one might need some cash. Since Mardi Gras is not my cuppa, there was no descent. My decadence is of a different kind. I like opera and am not inclined to baseball anymore. How bad can you get!
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

laffite wrote: June 7th, 2023, 10:16 pm I generally don't carry no stinkin' coin purses with me. If i want money on me I have my own personal armored truck that traces my steps. Never know when one might need some cash. Since Mardi Gras is not my cuppa, there was no descent. My decadence is of a different kind. I like opera and am not inclined to baseball anymore. How bad can you get!
Okay, crabby. A coin purse is not stinkin’ and is good to have. Besides coins you can keep notes and secrets and Mary Jane roaches. I’m sorry you don’t like Mardi Gras. I don’t like it either. I guess I like it a tad better than opera though.
laffite

Post by laffite »

I should sue you for libel. If anyone ever had the impression that I would stoop to cype Melba Toast and Slim Jims, that would be my ruin. Those sausages sound good though, I have to admit. Much better I'm sure that those Poe-y sandwiches of which I have heard, and which I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole. I have my pride. And I don't do parades. : - )
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I don’t do parades either — I don’t have that much jam. Now the Po-Boys are a legit grub. French bread. Do you have French bread in your neck of the woods, Laffite? Not baguettes or bakery breads, but real French bread? It only lasts one day, a real French bread, after one day you make bread crumbs with it. Perfect bread crumbs. Or you feed the birds the bread. They love it, the squirrels love it too. Anyway, the French bread only lasts for one day. You cannot eat a better bread, there is no such thing.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 6th, 2023, 8:42 pm Image
Gosh, he must be worse than a teletubby.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Masha

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

What do you call it when your stomach/ digestion doesn’t work? Is it the end? Can’t eat, can’t walk around without falling down? Guess not. Luckily I fell into a bush and was not killed or injured too much and didn’t have to go to hospital. Laffite nursed me while I got back on my knees and cooked some terrific soups.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

There was this one soup in particular that really stood out, I don’t know the name of it, there were lots of onions and garlics and chunks of braised beef. Wow, I said to Laffite, how did you learn to cook that? He didn’t answer, he sulked around like he does and kinda played high handed but he ate a bowl too, and smiled.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

laffite

Post by laffite »

"But my emotions are condensed only for commercials. You folks of subsequent generations sure are naive about us 50s gals".

Russell Baker took the movie "Pleasantville" to task for mocking the staidness and unimaginativeness of the 50s. He was actually quite annoyed with it. Baker was probably more the humorist than movie critic, so it means something.

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/11/27/opin ... -then.html
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

laffite

Post by laffite »

Does anyone remember the joke about the horse in Part III of The Six Wives of Henry VIII, as told by Jane Seymour to the Big Guy himself. I remember funny but I cannot bring it to mind. Anyone know?

It has to do with talking ...
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

You are getting old and losing your recall, Laffite. Your memory is crumbling. Did you brush your teeth today? You never brushed your teeth while you were here nursing me. I figured you couldn’t stomach the thought of using my toothbrush. I hope that you are brushing your teeth at least once a day and using a mouthwash now that you are back home. And eating properly, you seem to be lacking a bit in the eating properly department. But I’m here for you, pal, just in case.