What's It Like Facing the World As a Man?

Chit-chat, current events
Masha

Re: What's It Like Facing the World As a Man?

Post by Masha »

My little Fuzzy is all man.

I can assure you with no fear of contradiction that no one is qualified to speak for him except me. (My speaking for him is truly a better option than allowing him to speak for himself!)
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Allhallowsday wrote: June 14th, 2023, 1:24 pm
Intrepid37 wrote: June 14th, 2023, 9:22 am
Allhallowsday wrote: June 13th, 2023, 12:56 pm the HOST does not speak for our sex or mankind
Who does?

Nobody, that's who.
I think that's the point I made.
Yeah - but why?

I'm pretty sure we all know it already - that nobody speaks for every single person in the world.

Which is my point regarding your post.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Masha wrote: June 14th, 2023, 1:33 pm My little Fuzzy is all man.

I can assure you with no fear of contradiction that no one is qualified to speak for him except me. (My speaking for him is truly a better option than allowing him to speak for himself!)
😆
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

My point regarding your point was that the point... :roll:

Sometimes the obvious is obscured by analysis. And sometimes we need to be reminded.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 14th, 2023, 3:07 am
skimpole wrote: June 13th, 2023, 7:50 pm People look at you funny if you sing "I enjoy being a girl" out loud?
For me, it's when I sing "Johnny Angel" out loud. I liked that song when I was 13 and still sing it once in a blue moon. The last time I did, a buddy scoffed at me - but a woman who was there as well gave me "the smile" if you know what I mean.
I met the composer of "Johnny Angel:" Lee Pockriss. He also wrote "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini." My dealings with him had to do with one of his musicals.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Allhallowsday wrote: June 14th, 2023, 4:10 pm Sometimes the obvious is obscured by analysis. And sometimes we need to be reminded.
I hardly think anybody needs to be told that someone doesn't speak for everyone. Talk about a "point" being pointless by being totally unnecessary.

It's about as condescendingly cheap as it's possible to be - nobody needs to be reminded of something so utterly obvious.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Allhallowsday wrote: June 14th, 2023, 4:10 pm My point regarding your point was that the point... :roll:

Sometimes the obvious is obscured by analysis. And sometimes we need to be reminded.
I get your point, and clearly understand why a few others don't (and never will).

This reminds me of this type of discussion:

My reply: well, the issue is complex and isn't binary.

Their reply: I get that. Everyone knows that! So, what is your response, yes or no?
Last edited by jamesjazzguitar on June 15th, 2023, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

Allhallowsday wrote: June 14th, 2023, 1:12 pm

YES. I have a goatee and always wear a cap, but NEVER backwards. YES, Sepiatone, we are not herd animals, but UNIQUE.
Don't be such a pickle puss.
Even after admitting you prove my point you still insist on believing otherwise. ;)
Well, at least THAT'S what makes you unique. :smiley_clap:

So, I'll just sign off-----

:lol:
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

Sepiatone wrote: June 15th, 2023, 11:00 am
Allhallowsday wrote: June 14th, 2023, 1:12 pm
YES. I have a goatee and always wear a cap, but NEVER backwards. YES, Sepiatone, we are not herd animals, but UNIQUE.
Don't be such a pickle puss.
Even after admitting you prove my point you still insist on believing otherwise. ;)
Well, at least THAT'S what makes you unique. :smiley_clap:
You had no point, and if there were, it's hardly proven.
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 15th, 2023, 6:13 am
Allhallowsday wrote: June 14th, 2023, 4:10 pm Sometimes the obvious is obscured by analysis. And sometimes we need to be reminded.
I hardly think anybody needs to be told that someone doesn't speak for everyone. Talk about a "point" being pointless by being totally unnecessary.

It's about as condescendingly cheap as it's possible to be - nobody needs to be reminded of something so utterly obvious.
Maybe you should read other responses in your own thread. CONDESCENDINGLY CHEAP? That is unwarranted. We might even agree, but you're determined to be picky, petty, pedantic.
You insult and argue that I'm "obvious" while another argues how we are NOT unique.
You discourage conversation in a thread you've started.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

I'd like to get back to this comment here...
Swithin wrote: June 14th, 2023, 8:21 pm
I met the composer of "Johnny Angel:" Lee Pockriss. He also wrote "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini." My dealings with him had to do with one of his musicals.
So Swithin?! No mention of Mr. Pockress' co-writing credit for another late-'50s hit...'Catch a Falling Star' ?

(...what, not a big Perry Como fan or somethin'???) ;)
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Dargo wrote: June 14th, 2023, 11:26 am OH, and btw...

While watching that video just now, the old saying "Life sucks, and then you die" came to my mind.

(...and as far as I know, that old saying isn't "gender-specific")
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

LostHorizons wrote: June 15th, 2023, 5:43 pm
Dargo wrote: June 14th, 2023, 11:26 am OH, and btw...

While watching that video just now, the old saying "Life sucks, and then you die" came to my mind.

(...and as far as I know, that old saying isn't "gender-specific")
I take it "Carl" here was created while the animators peered over a picture of Dennis Franz.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Dargo wrote: June 15th, 2023, 5:19 pm ISo Swithin?! No mention of Mr. Pockress' co-writing credit for another late-'50s hit...'Catch a Falling Star' ?
I like that song. It's cheerful.