The Usual Suspects...

Chit-chat, current events
benwhowell

The Usual Suspects...

Post by benwhowell »

I just noticed that there were (count 'em) 59 users online October 22 11:59 AM. (Eastern time, of course.)
Well, what did I miss?
Handsome Johnny Eck
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

Hi Ben,
A couple of us noticed and commented at the time but whatever it was it was just a blip. There wasn't an extraordinary amount of posts or views at that time so I can't explain it. There have been a couple of times I've been on-site and seen the counter get as high as 38, but still no unusual activity and a few minutes later it was down to a more normal-sized number.
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
Moraldo Rubini

Prost!

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

That was the day that we celebrated the double-anniversary of the Mannheim premiere of Leni Riefenstahl's Die weiße Hölle vom Piz Palü and Pabst's Berlin premiere of Tagebuch einer Verlorenen ("Diary of a Lost Girl") -- both of which took place on October 22, 1929.

Where were you?! Your beer stein awaits (though the Schwarzbier is flat by now)...
Last edited by Moraldo Rubini on January 9th, 2008, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moraldo Rubini

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

cinemalover wrote:A couple of us noticed and commented at the time but whatever it was it was just a blip. There wasn't an extraordinary amount of posts or views at that time so I can't explain it. There have been a couple of times I've been on-site and seen the counter get as high as 38, but still no unusual activity and a few minutes later it was down to a more normal-sized number.
Oh. Never mind then.
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

Ben,
Stick with Moraldo's answer, it's much more interesting than mine!
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.