Noir Alley

Hibi

Re: Noir Alley

Post by Hibi »

Andree wrote: November 15th, 2023, 5:05 pm
Hibi wrote: November 15th, 2023, 11:30 am

LOL. I guess I missed that part!
It was very brief. It's the usual FTN happy family shot before all hell breaks loose.
LOL!!!
nakanosunplaza

Post by nakanosunplaza »

About Noir Alley TCM the setting in Atlanta and Eddie does not fly there anymore,hence is new decor at a Oakland bar it will be a permanent move. TCM is very cost conscious but at least they brought back the voice overs for upcoming films, now if they could remove the then,later etc and give the exact broadcast hours will be fine and what about the tap dancing...oh never mind
Andree

Post by Andree »

I had never seen Strange Bargain before, so that's a plus and I found it pretty good fort he most part.
I enjoy films set in small towns with middle class types. It's a change of pace from the crummy rooms and
rundown dives that are often the settings for noir flicks. Just Mr. and Mrs. Average American who suddenly
are face to face with some bizarre situation like a guy wanting you to help him screw the insurance company,
turning a suicide into a murder. What to do, what to do. One lesson I've learned from noirs is keep the money
close, don't hide it somewhere because someone will always find it by accident. They almost always do. Our
hero also made some mistakes after the "suicide," but in the end it all came out okay. Even though he saved
the hero's life, I found Henry Morgan's character to be one of those arrogant, wise guy cops. Someone should
have taken that cane and thumped him a few times on his noggin. The acting was good, though I found
Michael Chapin's (as son Roddy Wilson) imitation of an electric chair rather unrealistic and too soft.
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

It was ok. I thought the happy ending was a cop out. I wish the film had been a little longer and fleshed out, but you can't complain it dragged! I wanted to slap Lynn's son silly though. I started FF'ing any scene with him in it. I also found Harry Morgan's character annoying. I kind of guessed who was responsible a little before it was revealed, but the film does keep you guessing. Martha Scott come to think of it was annoying too in some ways. Who goes to their bosses home the day after he dies to pay their respects? Seemed a dumb way to get Lynn over there so he could be grilled by the detective.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Hibi wrote: November 20th, 2023, 12:35 pm It was ok. I thought the happy ending was a cop out. I wish the film had been a little longer and fleshed out, but you can't complain it dragged! I wanted to slap Lynn's son silly though. I started FF'ing any scene with him in it. I also found Harry Morgan's character annoying. I kind of guessed who was responsible a little before it was revealed, but the film does keep you guessing. Martha Scott come to think of it was annoying too in some ways. Who goes to their bosses home the day after he dies to pay their respects? Seemed a dumb way to get Lynn over there so he could be grilled by the detective.
I hope to see the Murder, She Wrote sequel. Does Harry still have a bum leg?
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

Hibi wrote: November 20th, 2023, 12:35 pm It was ok. I thought the happy ending was a cop out. I wish the film had been a little longer and fleshed out, but you can't complain it dragged! I wanted to slap Lynn's son silly though. I started FF'ing any scene with him in it. I also found Harry Morgan's character annoying. I kind of guessed who was responsible a little before it was revealed, but the film does keep you guessing. Martha Scott come to think of it was annoying too in some ways. Who goes to their bosses home the day after he dies to pay their respects? Seemed a dumb way to get Lynn over there so he could be grilled by the detective.
My observations as well. Martha Scott and the kid were very annoying. Although I could accept Harry Morgan much more than the other two.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
cmovieviewer

Post by cmovieviewer »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: November 20th, 2023, 1:05 pm I hope to see the Murder, She Wrote sequel. Does Harry still have a bum leg?
Harry Morgan has replaced his cane with a motorized wheelchair in the episode (S3, E21).
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: November 20th, 2023, 1:05 pm
I hope to see the Murder, She Wrote sequel. Does Harry still have a bum leg?
LOL. I don't remember. Haven't seen that one in a long time. Murder is on hiatus until after NY on Hallmark so they can run sappy Xmas movies 24/7!
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

cmovieviewer wrote: November 20th, 2023, 4:29 pm
jamesjazzguitar wrote: November 20th, 2023, 1:05 pm I hope to see the Murder, She Wrote sequel. Does Harry still have a bum leg?
Harry Morgan has replaced his cane with a motorized wheelchair in the episode (S3, E21).
SPIT UP! REALLY???????????? :DDDDDDDDDDD
cmovieviewer

Post by cmovieviewer »

One place you can see it is on Amazon's Freevee streaming (with commercials):

Amazon - Murder She Wrote Season 3

Scroll down for episode 21. (You will need to have an account.)
cmovieviewer

Post by cmovieviewer »

nakanosunplaza wrote: November 18th, 2023, 3:31 pm About Noir Alley TCM the setting in Atlanta and Eddie does not fly there anymore,hence is new decor at a Oakland bar it will be a permanent move. TCM is very cost conscious but at least they brought back the voice overs for upcoming films, now if they could remove the then,later etc and give the exact broadcast hours will be fine and what about the tap dancing...oh never mind
It is a shame that it appears they have given up the Noir Alley set. Perhaps it does make it easier for Eddie if he doesn’t have to travel to Atlanta any more. Looks like he will be hanging out in Bar 355 for a while.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

I'm always surprised to see Jeffrey Lynn without Priscilla Lane somewhere around.

Did anyone else recognize Katherine Emery as Mrs. St. Aubens from ISLE OF THE DEAD? She always creeps me out.

Martha Scott (yes, very annoying, but loving) certainly wore the pants in that family. I sometimes got the feeling Lynn would have eventually knocked her off in a fit of the-worm-turns milquetoast rage.

Harry Morgan was even more annoying, overacting like mad with that cane.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: November 21st, 2023, 10:57 am I'm always surprised to see Jeffrey Lynn without Priscilla Lane somewhere around.

Did anyone else recognize Katherine Emery as Mrs. St. Aubens from ISLE OF THE DEAD? She always creeps me out.

Martha Scott (yes, very annoying, but loving) certainly wore the pants in that family. I sometimes got the feeling Lynn would have eventually knocked her off in a fit of the-worm-turns milquetoast rage.

Harry Morgan was even more annoying, overacting like mad with that cane.
I've seen Emory in other things. Her lips stand out to me (LOL!) She seemed to specialize in playing sinister/forbidding type characters. Was surprised to learn she came from Alabama!
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Alabama, wow, I never knew that! Yeah, Emery did have strange lips and also a weird smile. Katherine reminds me of another creepy actress, Cornelia Otis Skinner, unforgettable in THE UNINVITED. "I did what you wanted at last! There are no rough edges! It's all smooth, all clear!"
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 4:08 pm Alabama, wow, I never knew that! Yeah, Emery did have strange lips and also a weird smile. Katherine reminds me of another creepy actress, Cornelia Otis Skinner, unforgettable in THE UNINVITED. "I did what you wanted at last! There are no rough edges! It's all smooth, all clear!"
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Reminds me of her too!