MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Bronxgirl48

Re: MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 3:09 pm
Bronxgirl48 wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 2:47 pm More Andy Hardy!! Can't get enough!!

(someone needs to have a man-to-man, or woman-to-man, or woman-to-woman, or man-to-woman, or someone-to-someone talk with these creative programmers, LOL)
Have you seen Godzilla finds Andy Hardy? This is a classic.

I have, actually. Mickey tries to bond with the Big Guy by creating an early version of his politically incorrect character Mr. Yunioshi from BREAKFAST AT TIFFANYS, but the town of Carvel is destroyed anyway.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: January 8th, 2024, 6:46 pm
Bronxgirl48 wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 2:47 pm More Andy Hardy!! Can't get enough!!

(someone needs to have a man-to-man, or woman-to-man, or woman-to-woman, or man-to-woman, or someone-to-someone talk with these creative programmers, LOL)

I have, actually. Mickey tries to bond with the Big Guy by creating an early version of his politically incorrect character Mr. Yunioshi from BREAKFAST AT TIFFANYS, but the town of Carvel is destroyed anyway.
So then, pretty much the same outcome as when Bambi here had his fateful encounter with that big fire-breathin' lizard, eh?!...

(...btw, I've always wondered if Marv Newland ever paid any royalities to the Messrs. Lennon and McCartney for that final sound effect there?...that sustained piano crescendo sure sounds like the end of "A Day in the Life", doesn't it?!)
Last edited by Dargo on January 8th, 2024, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Hey, I got some sight and sound back on YouTube, Dargo!

Poor Bambi, as if losing his mother wasn't traumatic enough....
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: January 8th, 2024, 10:20 pm Hey, I got some sight and sound back on YouTube, Dargo!
Good to hear, Bronxie! :smilie_happy_thumbup:
laffite

Post by laffite »

Dargo wrote: January 8th, 2024, 10:16 pm

So then, pretty much the same outcome as when Bambi here had his fateful encounter with that big fire-breathin' lizard, eh?!...

(...btw, I've always wondered if Marv Newland ever paid any royalities to the Messrs. Lennon and McCartney for that final sound effect there?...that sustained piano crescendo sure sounds like the end of "A Day in the Life", doesn't it?!)
I'll put my money on Bambi, that is if the movie was made by Disney.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Thanks, Dargo! Don't know what happened! I just clicked on your Bambi Meets Godzilla video not expecting to see or hear much and then -- VOILA!
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: January 8th, 2024, 10:46 pm Thanks, Dargo! Don't know what happened! I just clicked on your Bambi Meets Godzilla video not expecting to see or hear much and then -- VOILA!
I was wondering what you had done to fix your problem.

Evidently nothing, eh?!

(...say, maybe Marv Newland somehow had somethin' to do with this too???) ;)
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Maybe John Newland from One Step Beyond.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: January 9th, 2024, 12:59 am Maybe John Newland from One Step Beyond.
:lol:

In the same vein I've been watching AdventuresofSly's mash up videos of Mary Poppins vs Disney trailers. Violent yet still funny to me.

CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

The town of Carvel was on the old MGM backlot which was torn down deacades ago, so Godzilla didn't get his chance to destroy it. Some wrecking team beat him to it.
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Saw the second episode of that Power of Film series. Sigh. The professor said that when he hears the phrase "Where is It Written?" , he thinks of The Godfather. I think of Yentl. I guess the Babs opus is too "obscure" for him to wish to study. :smiley_chinrub: :roll:
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Oh God, who could sit through that Power of Film professor, lol? I kept nodding off.

For a hilarious take on this specific academic type, I encourage everyone to check out Paul Benedict as the NYU film teacher who screens THE GODFATHER for his students, in Andrew Bergman's very funny THE FRESHMAN.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

CinemaInternational wrote: January 11th, 2024, 3:23 pm

The town of Carvel was on the old MGM backlot which was torn down deacades ago, so Godzilla didn't get his chance to destroy it. Some wrecking team beat him to it.
Did the town have anything to do with Tom Carvel? ("Please, buy our product!")
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Remember the Carvel birthday cakes? With that whale?

Who gets the titles of these submarine films mixed up -- UP PERISCOPE, RUN SILENT RUN DEEP and DESTINATION TOKYO?
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: January 13th, 2024, 10:24 pm
Who gets the titles of these submarine films mixed up -- UP PERISCOPE, RUN SILENT RUN DEEP and DESTINATION TOKYO?
Nope, can't say I've ever mixed-up the titles of the movies UP TOKYO, RUN DESTINATION SILENT PERISCOPE and DEEP RUN with each other, Bronxie!

(...well, not until NOW anyway)

;)