2024 TCM Film Festival

lydecker

Re: 2024 TCM Film Festival

Post by lydecker »

Assuming that you will have to wait 90 minutes (at least) in 2 lines FOR EVERY SINGLE FILM after you have paid hundreds of dollars (or over $1,000) to attend the festival with the very real possibility that you will not even get into a film is insane. It's a giant scam and if more folks knew that this was the way the TCM Festival operated on a regular basis, I am pretty sure the purchase of passes would drop significantly. To me, it was fraud. I paid close to $1,000 for my pass alone and spent the entire weekend in lines (and a state of panic) that I might not get into films I literally flew across the country to see. I had no time to attend the presentations at Club TCM because, once again, I had to leave to get in "The Lines." The number of passes sold should be limited to the number the festival can reasonably accommodate -- Instead, TCM sells as many passes as they can (up to the final days before the Festival) to make as much money as possible and then basically sits back and says: "Screw you" to the pass holders. They take advantage of the love and loyalty people have for the channel and treat them shamefully.
lydecker

Post by lydecker »

Selling thousands upon thousands of passes to a film festival for prices upwards of $1,000 (or more) when purchasers have absolutely no guarantee that they will even get into the film (unless they wait in line for 90 minutes per film) is, to my thinking, a scam. TCM should sell as many passes as they can reasonably accommodate attendees instead of greedily selling as many passes as possible and then, essentially saying: "Screw you" to pass holders. It is unreasonable to assume that the purchase of your festival "pass" guarantees nothing.
nakanosunplaza

Post by nakanosunplaza »

Lydecker my sympthies for your loss, I have been to several festivals,but I will never go at the TCM one,usuallyat festivals you buy tickets for a particular movie or event like a director's seminar or an actor Q and A conference etc Why pay for a pass ? This is highway robbery to charge so much money,and the Roosevelt is expensive in Hollywood,I have been to Hollywood many times in the past I will go back again in about 2 years but not at the TCM Festival..It is a real shame what happened to you and to all the festival goers
monsieur_sniffles

Post by monsieur_sniffles »

nakanosunplaza wrote: April 25th, 2024, 4:15 pm Why pay for a pass ? This is highway robbery to charge so much money
Even Telluride has succumb to the temptation of tiered passes
But with that said, they are really, really, really good about adding additional screenings so that general admission patrons can see a film if the initial screening fills up with pass holders.