Arizona, was Arthur wrong

stuart.uk

Arizona, was Arthur wrong

Post by stuart.uk »

Spolier Alert

I think the film Arizona is an underrated western with Jean Arthur outstanding as an action heroine, but like someone else on the forum, Dawtrina who agrees with me, the change in Arthur's attitude in fighting her own battles kinda spoiled the movie for me.

1-Jean at begining from film goes after two robbers with a rifle in one hand and a whip in the other.

2-After offering William Holden a job running her freight outfit, he turns her down and goes to Calafornia on a sight seeing tour. as a result she does the job herself, running the outfit from a back of a horse, fighting off hostile Indians

3-Goes after Porter Hall after he frames her for treason, as he tries to get a freighting contract taken away from her.

4=Takes part in a stampede round up.

Then when she accusses Warren William from trying to steal her land away from her, he demands satisfaction and she says she's got a man to answer for her now, William Holden. why the change, Holden wasn't as far as i could see was a better gun her and what if William had killed Holden in a gunfight instead of the other way round, would Arthur got back into her jeans, strapped on her gunbelt and gone after her husband's killer. i think so, then Holden would have died in vain if she'd killed William
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Can't imagine a duel between a man and a woman. Maybe it was understood you just didn't do that. I don't think a bad guy (in 1940 movie mentality) would ever want ot be known as a woman killer or have his name ruined by being killed by a woman.

Maybe it was understood that the husband would stand in. Not sure.

Good movie. A bit long but enjoyable.

Did the age difference bother you?
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."