The New Battlestar Galactica

cinemalover

The New Battlestar Galactica

Post by cinemalover »

I was wondering if we had any fans of this new, updated and vastly improved, version of Battlestar Galactica. If so, what do you like about it the most? Which changes were the most pleasing or most disappointing?

Are there any steadfast devotees of the original series?
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I watched the original series way, way back when Lorne Green and Randolph Mantooth were in it. But I never got into this new one and now it's too late since it's been on so long, I could never afford all the seasons, and rental is so iffy, sometimes you have to settle for Season 2 instead of 1, or whatever.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
nightwalker

Post by nightwalker »

You might want to watch the Sci-Fi Channel listings for this one, Anne.

They occasionally have marathons of their series and, in fact, had one for this show, 8 hours a day, all five weekdays this week. All you would need would be a few tapes or disks.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Thanks Nightwalker: That's how I caught some of the Stargate SG-1 episodes I had missed. I'm still trying to figure out how to copy onto discs straight from the TV, I'm doing something wrong and don't know what.

Johnm: I probably either got Randolph mixed up with Richard Hatch, or caught the one or two episodes he was in and assumed he was a regular.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

I've only seen the first season (via a DVD set) and found it very intriquing. I've been wanting to pick up season 2 to watch but they did one of my pet peeves with it, they divided it into two different sets, Season 2 and Season 2.5. I can't stand when companies try to double dip like that. But someday I'll pick it up because I thought the first season was very well done and developed adn it left me wanting more.
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.