Eureka!

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Thanks jdb1. Soon as I have a time and day, I'll set it up on my hotsy-totsy DVR that comes with my Dish network.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Good opener!

I caught all the episodes on Monday when they ran the marathon, except I missed the one where Carter and Allison got together for 4 years. I can't believe I missed that particular one - it's so pertinent to the rivalry between Carter and Jason, and the sometimes wistful looks of Allison.

I really like this show. The level of comedy is perfect, it doesn't send you rolling on the floor, but you are almost continually chuckling.

I LOVE SARAH!!!!! I just hope they keep the light-heartedness about the show and don't try to turn it into a weekly drama. It's quite perfect just as it is. Don't you think?

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

I was a bit disappointed in the episode last night - I thought it was cute, but a little silly, but maybe that was just to hook an audience, and they will get back to their clever ways during the rest of the season.

I can't keep all these characters straight. I came upon the series in the middle, and I don't really understand the relationships -- were the director and the tall scientist married at one time? Is that "special" little boy their son, or her son from another liaison?

Also, what happened to that big cliffhanger climax of the last episode last season? I didn't understand it at all: other spatial dimensions? aliens? nuclear holocausts? Joe Morton's dead wife brought back? --- and they hardly mentioned it last night.

And why don't they turn the lights on in that research facility? That can't be very safe. But Colin Ferguson is a doll, and hits just the right perplexed, satirical note as the "normal" guy among geniuses - he's very good.