Classical Brit stars with own tv shows

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
stuart.uk

Classical Brit stars with own tv shows

Post by stuart.uk »

Margaret Lockwood played Barrister Harriet Peterson in a long running series Justice in the 70s. It was a ground breaking role, showing a woman doing an imortant job in the legal profession at a time when in reality it was scarce.

Phyills Calvert played Kate Graham, an agony aunt in Kate with Jack Hedley and a young Penelope Keith as co-stars

John Mills and Tiger Bay co-star Megs Jenkins teamed up for an 80s sit-com Young At Heart.

John Gregson played the Jack Hawkins role of George Gideon in Gideon's Way

Kenneth More in the original The Forsyth Saga

Stewart Granger was the last owner of Shiloh in Men From Shiloh (The Virginian)

Dinah Sheridan played Dr. Nigel Haver's mother in medical sit-com Don't Wait Up

Googie Withers played a prison govener in Within These Walls

Young Scrooge George Cole had many tv roles, but his most famous creation on either the big or small screen was Arthur Daly in Minder

Diana Dors thrashed her glam image, but was still beautiful, when she played a more or less single mother to three grown up sons, living in a high rise council estate in sit-com Queenie's Castle

Peggy Ashcroft in Jewel In The Crown

Laurence Naythsmith as Judge Fulton in The Persuaders

Gordon Jackson as Hudson in Upstairs Downstairs and Cowley in cop show The Professionals
melwalton

radio

Post by melwalton »

Hey, Stu,
You omitted JM. the very best singer / dancer in the history of entertainment, I didn't see her radio work. Probably wasn't shown here.

.... mel

GO GIANTS![/u]
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Mel

I didn't leave Jessie out as I don't think she starred in any tv shows, though there were guest appearences. She did however, star in radios Mrs. Dale's Diaries in the early 60s