Least favorite TV Series

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
bradtexasranger

Post by bradtexasranger »

pktrekgirl wrote:^ I agree about David Caruso. If he's in it, I flip right on by. :lol:

I am also so very, very, very tired of Friends that if I never saw it again I'd be quite pleased. I used to love it, but they let that show go on WAY past it's expiration date...and now it's become annoying as a whole.
I totally agree with you, word for word, about Friends. It was good at first, but was on way longer than it should have. To me, in the end, it became a soap opera with a laugh track. I also agree with whoever nominated Seinfeld, it seems like everyone in the universe likes it, and I just don't get the appeal. There's not one character on there I would want to spend 10 seconds with. Lastly, I can't believe some of you don't like Everybody Loves Raymond :shock: It's one of my favorites, I never get tired of it.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I would love to get my hands on Mark Burnett, Charlie Parsons, and Jeff Probst to cheerfully strangle them. They are the original creators of the Survivor series (I had to look it up on IMDb), and they are the ones who started all of this reality garbage. I cannot believe the American people are so gullible as to believe those shows are not staged, acted, and planned out to perfection.

How can a person submit themselves to going in front of that disgusting guy on American Idol and allow him to critique them as if they were morons from the planet Moronia. They may as well go see Jerry Springer for morality lessons. My sister in law plans her week around Am. Idol, this beautiful, cultured, college graduate waits each week for it to come on. She reminds me of that couple in Arachnophobia who run around getting popcorn, and settling in front of the TV and become so engrossed, that the spider bites them and they don't even notice.

I admit I love Project Runway, but at least we see the fashion show at the end of the season. The winners are shown exhibiting their talents at the various opportunities they have won, and I've heard at least one name at the Emmy awards as the designer of a certain gown, so they are being noticed by the right people.

No wonder I love to watch movies about the 1800's and the 25th century.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Don't even know who this is from except that it made it in The Baltimore Sun. Pictures for the top 25 worst TV shows are here.

In no particular order, I think -

1 - Commander In Chief -'05-'06 - 18 episodes.
2 - Veronica's Closet - '97-'00 - 66 episodes.
3 - Joey - '04-'06 - 46 episodes.
4 - Cop Rock - '90 - 11 episodes.
5 - Viva Laughlin - '07 - 2 episodes
6 - BJ & The Bear - '79 - '80 - 48 episodes
7 - Caveman - '07 - 6 episodes.
8 - The Ropers - '79 - 28 episodes
9 - Joanie Loves Chachi - '82-'83 - 17 episodes
10-Manimal - '83 - 8 episodes
11-All American Girl - '94-'95 - 19 episodes
12-Shasta McNasty - '99-'00 - 22 episodes
13-George - '93 - 10 episodes. (George Foreman.)
14-Bob Patterson Show - '01 - 5 episodes (Jason Alexander.)
15-Homeboys In Outer Space - '96-'97 - 21 episodes.
16-Stacked - '05-'06 - 13 episodes. (Pamela Anderson)
17-Beauty and The Beast - '87-'90 - 56 episodes.
18-Double Trouble - '84-'85 - 24 episodes
19-Harry and The Hendersons - '91-'93 - 72 episodes.
20-After MASH - '83' - '85 - 30 episodes
21-Baywatch Night - '95-'97 - 44 episodes
22-Michael Richards Show - '00 - 10 episodes
23-Life On A Stick - '05 - 5 episodes
24-Secret Life of Desmond Pfeiffer - '98 - 4 episodes
25-Emeril - '01 - 8 episodes.

What do you want to add to the list?
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
traceyk

Post by traceyk »

Another type of sitcom I don't get--those shows of the late 70's and early 80's that featured precocious children like Diff'rent Strokes, Webster, Punky Brewster and Silver Spoons. Complete tripe and unfunny to boot. And may they never be forgiven for those "very special episodes..."
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. "~~Wilde
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Tracey:

We have never really lost the "very special" title or what has become for me the equally annoying "all new" adjective. The only thing worse is " the very special all new" anything.

I agree those shows sole purpose seemed to have been to show how stupid the parents. This has now morphed into how stupid the husband is angle.
Chris

srowley75

Post by srowley75 »

I always thought that one major reason that the Raspberry Awards never included TV categories was that the pool of nominees each year would be much too large.

I can't really settle on just one show. I continue to yearn for the day when cable will begin offering stations a la carte. My TV rarely leaves TCM or FMC. Beyond the simple fact that 95% of the programming on other stations ranges from unimpressive to unwatchable, I suppose another reason for that is the number of commercials that air on the other networks. And not only is the number outrageous, but over the past few years, I've noticed that the change in sound level from the program to the commercial is enough to give the viewer heart arrhythmia.

-Stephen
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

srowley75 wrote: And not only is the number outrageous, but over the past few years, I've noticed that the change in sound level from the program to the commercial is enough to give the viewer heart arrhythmia.

-Stephen
And yet from everything I've read they continue to deny this is the case. My ears agree with yours.
Chris

inglis

Post by inglis »

There is nothing on T.V that I really like anymore .I do watch CSI the Vegas one . I miss the days of Get Smart ,Petticoat Junction. The Donna Reed Show .My Three Sons.Yes, and even Batman with Adam West :lol: :lol: I Love Lucy.I just don't get any of the newer shows and I just feel there is no magic with them .I guess I will have to live in the past when it comes to T.V shows
CinemaInternational

Re: Least favorite TV Series

Post by CinemaInternational »

I thought that The Office was a terrible show although I know a lot of people loved it.

Didn't care for what little I saw of Home Improvement and Friends.
Masha

Post by Masha »

CinemaInternational wrote: October 29th, 2022, 12:57 pm I thought that The Office was a terrible show although I know a lot of people loved it.

Didn't care for what little I saw of Home Improvement and Friends.
I did not have opportunity to watch much of it but what I did see of the original quite amusing. The Office (2001-2003) is available on: BritBox and: Hulu.

It is common to find that the British originals are witty and interesting but the American remakes are dull and uninspired.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

THE BACHELOR and THE BACHELORETTE.

I hate, hate, hate those shows!
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

"Survivor"
@CBS
Wednesdays 8/7c
Reality
43 SEASONS
TV-PG
Stranded in the beautiful islands of Fiji, 18 determined new castaways will be divided into 3 tribes of 6 and forced to form a new society as they adapt to their physical and social surroundings.
==========================================

43 seasons!??

was "mr6666" @ TCM
Feinberg

Post by Feinberg »

Do you actually have to sit through these shows to know that they are your 'least favourite'?