Four Faces West

mrsl

Four Faces West

Post by mrsl »

I don't know if this one has been on TCM or not, but if not, and ever is shown, try to catch it. Joel McCrea and Francis Dee, play along with Charles Bickford as Pat Garrett in a different sort of western. Joel is at heart a good guy, but for certain reasons, has to perform a bad thing. Halfway through the movie though, he has to make a choice about what to do. In fact starting with the very beginning he has choices to make that will determine his future. I can promise action and a lot of movement as well as some mystery as to what comes next.

I watched it around midnight last night on the Western Channel, so I'm sure it will be on again before the end of March.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I've never seen it, Anne, but I look forward to it after your description. I'm trying to think if I've seen Joel together with Frances in a movie before...I don't believe I have!
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I didn't realize it when I was writing it that Joel and Francis were married for fifty some years, until Joel died. Like you Miss G. I wonder how many other movies they made together.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Ann Harding

Post by Ann Harding »

I am really envious! I like very much Joel McCrea and Frances Dee, but I have never seen them together in a film...
They actually met when making The Silver Cord (1933). They go married in 1933. The picture above comes from a vintage mag when they were newly weds.
As for their actual partnership in films:
The Silver Cord (1933) J. Cromwell
One Man's Journey (1933) J. S. Robertson
Wells Fargo (1937) F. Lloyd
Four Faces West (1948) A.E. Green
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I've enjoyed this western. The more I watch McCrea the more I like him. The problem I had was as I was taping this there was an emergency broadcast test. I got a green screen and a whole lot of buzzing for a minute.

I would have liked to have kept the copy but that.....
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Sorry to have missed a posting for it but it recently turned up on the Westerns channel. Not scheduled again yet but it might show up again soon.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."