The Polls Are Closed. Here are the Results! The Winner Is...

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
JulieMarch4th

Post by JulieMarch4th »

Klondike,

I do understand -- music is one thing that can bring me RIGHT back to that time in my life -- and I think I just remember being an uncomfortable 14 year old when I hear that song. But that doesn't stop me from singing the lyrics when I hear it! :oops:

Julie
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

JulieMarch4th wrote:Klondike,

I do understand -- music is one thing that can bring me RIGHT back to that time in my life -- and I think I just remember being an uncomfortable 14 year old when I hear that song. But that doesn't stop me from singing the lyrics when I hear it! :oops:

Julie
Yeah, me too. It's one of those less than memorable songs that you somehow can't get out of your head. I roared with laughter when Catherine O'Hara and Fred Willard sang it for their audition in "Waiting for Guffman."

Oh, no - here it comes: I know your daddy's a sultan . . . . .
moira finnie
Administrator

A Reminder About Thursday, May 10th

Post by moira finnie »

A Reminder:

Hey kids--it's time to finish up the polling, so if you haven't voted today, could you please log your choice of new name by the close of today, Thursday, May 10th? Thank you!

Oh, yeah-here's my 2 cents: I'm voting for The Plastic Age, 'cause it's a good movie and an apt description of the social and other changes reflected in those movies that we love. (And 'cause I'd rather not see Jon go the trouble of changing this web address. )

Disclaimer: The above message was not intended to influence subsequent votes by registered members in any way, shape, or form. Thanks to the Federal Election Commission and the Supreme Court, any tie in this election may be determined by what's known as "a higher court". Except in Florida or Ohio.
:wink:
klondike

Post by klondike »

Well -

This was a hard choice, cause there really was something about each one of the nominations to appreciate, and I genuinely liked & enjoyed about 75% of the list a lot!

But as there is a short list of front runners, and I do want my vote to make a difference, I guess I'll have to commit to:

SILVER SCREEN OASIS

But hey, whichever one takes the roses, there's just no downside to dread, is there? 8)

Klondike
moira finnie
Administrator

The Polls Are Closed. Here are the Results! The Winner Is...

Post by moira finnie »

*Silver Screen Oasis*

Thanks again to all participants. The top choices for our new name came down to:
Silver Screen Oasis 11 votes
Talking Pictures 6 votes
Hollywood Babylon 2 votes
The Plastic Age 1 vote

For some arcane--and I'm sure, Irish-related reason--one Ken123 voted twice: first for Hollywood Babble-on on May 4th, and second for Silver Screen Oasis on May 7th. To be fair, I had to pick your first vote, Ken. Sorry, but that's democracy. See ya in court.

I also disqualified my own vote due to my problems keeping track of poor Shangri-la-de-da and CultureBath.org during the runoff count. I hereby nominate someone else to run the next campaign of website wide proportions. Jeez, this reminds me of being an election inspector in November, 2000, (and we know how well that turned out). Thanks to all who participated. Now, I think the next step is for Jon to decide how to implement the name change. Take the microphone away, Mr. Jondaris...
ken123

Post by ken123 »

I am from Chicago, we are not used to voting only once in an election, in fact by voting twice I'm still short of my quota. How many time did Brian Donlevy vote in THE GREAT McGINTY> His first polling place was at Clark & Washington, I wonder what major U.S. City has that intersection ? :wink: