Third Party ?

Chit-chat, current events
ken123

Third Party ?

Post by ken123 »

" Political Wire ", an internet website opines that a third party may well be on the horizon with the VERY STRANGE combination of Al Gore, NYC Mayor Bloomberg, and ARNOLD leading the way. All three are enviromentally conscious, ( with Herr Arnold being a late come aboard ), we all know that the California Governor is Constitutionally ineligible to run for President. How do you feel about a third political party for 2008, with or without this very odd trio being involved ? Another question, if you please, is the author of the " Political Wire " pulling our leg, serious, or taking something funny. :roll:
SSO Admins
Administrator

Re: Third Party ?

Post by SSO Admins »

ken123 wrote:How do you feel about a third political party for 2008, with or without this very odd trio being involved ? Another question, if you please, is the author of the " Political Wire " pulling our leg, serious, or taking something funny. :roll:
First off, Al Gore lost the White House because of an idiot running on a third party ticket, so I don't see him doing this. That would be nuts. So no, I don't think this is serious.

I'm pretty sick of all this "we need a third party" talk. No, we don't. In a multi-party system it's necessary to form a coalition government to rule. In the US our coalitions form under the umbrella of the two major parties. The end result is the same.

If you really want to change things, work within one of the two parties to make them responsive to your issues. Don't ensure that the party likely to be most sympathetic to your views loses elections. That's just stupid.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

If America needed one there would be one. People would get together and do it. There must not be enough real interest.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."