Great Gams - Musicals

ken123

Great Gams - Musicals

Post by ken123 »

Cyd Charrisse in EVERYTHING that she was in . Gwen Verdon in " Damn Yankees ", was pretty damn good too. :)
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Gene Kelly (i.e. The Pirate) :lol:
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Judy Garland had great looking legs! When she did "Get Happy" in Summer Stock, her legs were knockout. Great gams in For Me and My Gal, too.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Moraldo Rubini

L'eggs

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Is this forum really about great gams?

Betty Grable's legs were the most famous. These shapely pastries holding up America's sweetheart (and pin-up) were supposedly insured for $1,000,000 per leg at Lloyds of London.

But certainly Cyd Charisse's legs were the best supports ever to be found on a movie actress (dancer or no). Long as the night, and bewitching as midnight.

Good call, Knitwit on Judy Garland's. I'd give her an honorable mention for her deleted "Monotony" number from Easter Parade, and the "encore" of this look in Summer Stock.

But golly, we cannot forget Juliet Prowse, whose legs were in direct competition with Miss Charisse. These lovely limbs made quite a debut in Cole Porter's Can Can (to the lascivious delight of Kruschev, who visited the set during filming). It's a shame this talented dancer arrived on the scene, just as the scene was dissipating. I'm afraid she's mostly forgotten today.
Garbomaniac

Post by Garbomaniac »

That's right! I remember the first time I saw Judy's legs, and said, "Wow!" She was really a beautiful woman, and few ever thought of her that way. She was a voice, an addition, a commodity, not a beauty. But, I have always thought she was. Just put her next to Mrs. Housewife in Anycity, and you'll see. Of course she wasn't Hedy Lamarr, but who was?

And, Cyd is tops in my book! Class all the way!
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Cyd Charisse's legs in Singin' in the Rain look about a mile long.

Of course, Betty Grable had gorgeous gams.

Judy's legs were one of her best features. For someone who was only 4'11'', her legs look long and lovely.

Doris Day had beautiful legs--check them out in Love Me or Leave Me, in the Shakin' the Blues Away number,

Another lady would had great success with the Shakin' number is the incomparable Ann Miller. Her gams looked so strong! But still feminine.

Sandy K