The Women's Room

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Garbomaniac

The Women's Room

Post by Garbomaniac »

Of course, it is obvious that I have stolen this from Metry Road, but that is ok. We need activity around here and these two thread will be a shot in the arm!

Here is a praiseworthy thread to the Male Form! I'll start, but I expect a lot of help!

Let's start off with Buster Crabbe!

And, Rudolph Valentino

coopsgirl

Post by coopsgirl »

Charles Farrell and his boy next door hotness

Lou Gehrig auditioning for Tarzan in the mid-30s. He was turned down because he was too muscular. Can you really be too muscular? :wink:

“I never really thought of myself as an actor. But I’d learned to ride on my dad’s ranch and I could do some roping stunts and working as an extra was better than starving as an artist nobody wanted on the West Coast.” - Gary Cooper
coopsgirl

Post by coopsgirl »

Gary Cooper giving his daughter flowers on her birthday sans shirt.

Gary getting ready for the bathing scene in Wolf Song (1929). This film is lost, unfortunately. :(

Gary and Adolphe Menjou in A Farewell to Arms (and shirts) (1932).

As good as Gary looked in all manner of attire, he looked best in very little :P .
“I never really thought of myself as an actor. But I’d learned to ride on my dad’s ranch and I could do some roping stunts and working as an extra was better than starving as an artist nobody wanted on the West Coast.” - Gary Cooper
coopsgirl

Post by coopsgirl »

Gary (again) looking hotter than a depot stove in Friendly Persuasion (1956).

Should Quakers be that hot? :lol:
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Re the Gehrig photo (and dig those dimples) -- Now I understand the impetus behind the Jim Palmer underwear ads! Anyone got those to post?

Thanks for these -- I am strangely cheered on this dismal Winter day.
coopsgirl

Post by coopsgirl »

Here’s another Lou as Tarzan pic, and yes, he did have some adorable dimples and nice chest hair too :wink: .

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

See if the sight of these fellas cheers us up...they do me!

Raf Vallone (rhymes with "Marone!" for good reason)

Yul Brynner: with and without hair

Roger Livesey: If only one could hear his voice too.

Jean Gabin: "Maintenant je sais"

Rod Taylor: A cheerful bloke who's enough to render a girl speechless

Last edited by moira finnie on January 15th, 2009, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Could we PLEASE keep the photos at a maximum 500 x 500 pixels as requested for this site? You can read more about posting photos here. Thanks.

These images are great and keeping them within those parameters makes it easier for everyone to see them too. PM me if you need more help, I'll be glad to assist, if possible.
Last edited by moira finnie on January 15th, 2009, 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

We need activity around here and these two thread will be a shot in the arm!
Garbo, I agree. Only one small problem: This thread should have been started under 'THE ESSENTIALS' forum!

Thanks, ladies, my heart rate was too slow, but not anymore! :shock: :shock:

On behalf of Judith and myself, who's got the goods on Steve McQueen???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Thanks, Knitty. I can't post photos from this computer -- I'm depending on the kindness of non-strangers to keep us in good cheer on this thread.

So, yes, some Steve McQueen, please, and maybe a little more John Payne?
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Mr. McQueen is in the house.

Last edited by moira finnie on January 15th, 2009, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klondike

Post by klondike »

YES, OK, ALRIGHT, THAT'S ENOUGH, LADIES, STOP THROWING NOTEBOOKS & COSMETICS AT ME!!

Yes, I know, I'm in the Women's Room, and no my eyes aren't failing me, I'm just trying to keep things even - cause MOIRA just barged into THE MEN'S ROOM (we get capitols cause we got here first!)!

Yes, I know she had a good reason, and yes, we heard what she said, but it still made for a startling visit!

Yes, I know she said the same thing in here, and no, I have nothing to add . . I'm just . . you know . . tryin' to keep it even!

So . . ummmm . . there!

I'm going, I'm going already!! :roll:
(And I hear you back there, Judith, makin' those "woofie" noises at me, and if I find out you swiped that leather catsuit from the Eartha Kitt exhibit over at the CCC campus again, I'm siccin' Bill Hopper on ya! So you've been warned! :evil: )

Alright!
Alright! I'M GOIN'!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

GEEZ! Just 'cause it's his birthday, he thinks he can just waltz (or clog) in here.....geez. At least he had on more than just his birthday suit...:shock: :shock: :shock:

and Moira, I can't believe what you've done to my blood pressure. Mr McQ was pretty when he was a pup, but gorgeous as he got more miles on that mug of his. I'm one happy camper!
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
coopsgirl

Post by coopsgirl »

Mr McQ was pretty when he was a pup, but gorgeous as he got more miles on that mug of his.

I feel the same way about Coop. He was an absolute beauty to behold in his 20s-30s, but once he got into his 40s-50s that's when my pulse really starts racing :P :P
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

klondike wrote: I'm going, I'm going already!! :roll:
(And I hear you back there, Judith, makin' those "woofie" noises at me, and if I find out you swiped that leather catsuit from the Eartha Kitt exhibit over at the CCC campus again, I'm siccin' Bill Hopper on ya! So you've been warned! :evil: )

Alright!
Alright! I'M GOIN'!
Klonny, any woofs or other subvocal noises you hear emanating from me now are solely the result of the welcome appearance of Big Steve (see above).

And -- if I could fit into Kitt's catsuit these days, I'd . . . . well -- there's no telling what I could do, knowing what I know now!