The Women's Room

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
rudyfan

Post by rudyfan »

charliechaplinfan wrote:Doug as Rupert, lovely 8) 8) 8)
Excellent taste! :lol:

Alas, this is the sequence still missing from The Young Rajah..
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

Love the Rudy pearl costume.....
Now, how do you sit down in that? Wouldn't all those pearls hurt the posterior position? Not to mention the pock marks they'd leave in one's gluttious maximus...
Rudy was surely a better man than me!!!

Larry
rudyfan

Post by rudyfan »

Vecchiolarry wrote:Hi,

Love the Rudy pearl costume.....
Now, how do you sit down in that? Wouldn't all those pearls hurt the posterior position? Not to mention the pock marks they'd leave in one's gluttious maximus...
Rudy was surely a better man than me!!!

Larry
Heh, Larry, I've never seen the backside of this costume, so hopefully the pearls were only on the front and his backside was spared. Of course, could have been like the bead things cab drivers use. :wink:
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Yes,

I remember sitting on one of those bead seat covers that a friend had in his car.
I never checked though to see if my buns were pock marked!!

Larry
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

If you were rich enough to stroll around in all those pearls, you probably had a slave girl to move the pearls out of the way when you wanted to sit.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would have thought there would have been quite a few ladies willing to do that for Mr Valentino :wink:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
rudyfan

Post by rudyfan »

Okay, here's another of Mr. Valentino

Mr. Valentino at his home in Whitley Heights (he boxed, goofed around with Doug Gerrard and Robert Florey for the cameras this day)
klondike

Post by klondike »

knitwit45 wrote:If you were rich enough to stroll around in all those pearls, you probably had a slave girl to move the pearls out of the way when you wanted to sit.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Puts me in mind of the kilt-check gals w/ their badges & measure-sticks! :wink:
charliechaplinfan

Donna, I love the top picture. That's quite a body 8) 8) 8)
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
rudyfan

Post by rudyfan »

charliechaplinfan wrote:Donna, I love the top picture. That's quite a body 8) 8) 8)
Yes, Rudy certainly took care of his physique.

Oh, btw CCF, I have a great candid shot of Mr. V and Mr. C that will be in my forthcoming book that's been previously unpublished (as far as I know).
charliechaplinfan

I can't wait. I've quite a few books on Charlie, I don't remember seeing a picture of him with Valentino only a picture of them around a dinner table together along with Buster Keaton, Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks etc. you probably know the one :wink:

Do let us know when it's published.
Garbomaniac

Post by Garbomaniac »

Steve Reeves!

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Ok, I'm going out on a limb here, you ladies will probably make fun of me, but here goes. Pictures like the ones of Steve Reeves MAKE ME NERVOUS! :oops: :shock: :lol:

I mean, it's incredible to see the muscle definition, and acknowledge the hours and months and years of training to achieve it, but if I was anywhere close to him.....I'd probably find a reason to RUN.

Come to think of it, it's the same with extremely voluptuous women...they make me feel rather inadequate, and a little nervous, too. I guess at this late date, I should quit worrying :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

What bothers me about bodybuilding men is the thought that they are spending hours in front of a mirror every day, inevitably a lot more hours than I ever spend in front of a mirror. But I must admit that first photo of Reeves is pretty breathtaking -- that's quite a wasp waist, isn't it?

But, actually, I think I prefer those beefcake photos of John Payne that have appeared here. Payne looks like a real man, in real good shape, not like a statue.
moira finnie
Administrator

Gilbert Roland

Post by moira finnie »

I'm sure that Steve Reeves was a fine person, good to his mother, and nice to all stray dogs and cats, but, uh, I wish he'd kept his clothes on...but that's just one gal's opinion.

Now here are a few guys who've gotten my attention, and hardly any of them shucked their finery. First, the conventionally good looking...though they hardly seem commonplace:

Gilbert Roland, from boy to man, one of the finest looking fellows to ever step before a camera.

At his height, in all his splendor, thanks to George Hurrell.

Very young.

Quite young.

Ahem. No big muscles needed.

An older Mr. R.

My two favorite pictures of Cary Grant:

There is no finer photo of Mr. Heston than this one. Ever.

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks