Pontiac. Kaput.

Chit-chat, current events
Hollis

Re: Pontiac. Kaput.

Post by Hollis »

Thanks Klondike,

Maybe my experiences are a bit dated, and time changes things. If so, I'll be the first to apologize. I'll still hold fast to my opinions though. Everyone has them and nobody has one that's any more valid than the next guy's. In point of fact however, as far as owning something completely in order to sell it? I took exactly the opposite tack. I said that the dealers floorplanned their cars and in most instances only paid the interest on the loans until the vehicle sold. At that point they paid off on the loan and the title holder was then the financing institution be it GMAC, Ford credit or whomever lent the consumer the $$ to buy the car. I appreciate the fact that your experiences were more recent than my own and like I said, I'm open to correction. But at least you were man enough to address me directly and not make veiled statements about "fact errors" and my "hypocrisy" with regard to political correctness. Maybe that individual finds his own bigoted language to be preferential. Simply put, I don't, and never have and never will. That's the way my father raised me. Given that few apples fall far from the tree, its probable that that was the atmosphere in his home while growing up and now doesn't know any better. That's a shame, because it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Thanks for correcting me when I was wrong but not making it a personal attack on me. We've been corresponding in one fashion or another for just over two years and you know me as well as anyone on this board so perhaps you could point out my hypocrisy and why its so well known. Please help me before I step on another set of toes or put my foot in my mouth. I must have kept it well hidden because this is the first time anyone's taken me to task for it. Is it possible that being what he calls hypocritical is anything but and actually the way I feel? Is being raised to respect others a thing of the past? I sure hope not because if that's the case I'll have to be "reprogrammed" to act in a manner far from what I was taught growing up.

Thanks again Sir,

Hollis
klondike

Post by klondike »

Hollis wrote: I sure hope not because if that's the case I'll have to be "reprogrammed" to act in a manner far from what I was taught growing up.

Hollis
Don't you dare, Mister.
I'm partial to originals, and so long as you're square with the man in the mirror, you're welcome on my porches, front & back, day or night. And for the record, in my book, no man deserves the right to judge another's sleeve 'til he's earned a few stripes of his own.
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Hi there Klondike,

Paraphrasing because I've forgotten the original quotation, sometimes you're a riddle wrapped in a mystery wrapped in an enigma. You took me apart in one instance, taking my statements as fact rather than opinions (although I could have done a better job of writing) and then praising me for something I said within the same post. Well, here's something you can't dispute no matter how hard you may try. Thank you my friend !

As always,

Hollis