Dr. Socrates (1935)

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Mr. Arkadin

Dr. Socrates (1935)

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Never seen this one, but will be recording. Info anyone?
Dewey1960

Re: Dr. Socrates (1935)

Post by Dewey1960 »

Fast paced, exciting and quite entertaining. Essentially a B picture, which is odd given Muni's status as a big star. For me the real attraction is Ann Dvorak, a seriously interesting and under-appreciated actress. I'm a fan.
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Such a recommendation assures me I've done well! 8)

P.S. It finally quit raining, so my satellite did not screw up.
markfp

Post by markfp »

[quote="Mr. Arkadin P.S. It finally quit raining, so my satellite did not screw up.[/quote]

Mr. A- All of us with satellite service experience an occasional bout of "rain fade", but if it's occurring frequently, for extended periods of time or when the weather isn't that bad, your dish may be out of alignment. Doesn't take much, if wind causes your dish mount to shift even a quarter of an inch, it can cause a drop in signal strength that will make it more prone to weather problems. You didn't say you had an ongoing problem, but I thought I'd pass this along just in case. I'd hate to see you miss any of the treasures on TCM.
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

It's not an ongoing thing, but thanks for your concern. I was just upset because I'd been waiting for Black Moon and its been raining here in TX for the last month and a half with no screw ups until the film began running. :|
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Ark, I did get a copy of DR. S, but I didn't get BLACK MOON this time around, so if your DR. S. suffered, you're covered on that one - and anyone else, for that matter.