Thanks Again to all of you!

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
feaito

Thanks Again to all of you!

Post by feaito »

Moira, Lynn, Jon et al.

Thanks for this new Site. It's really wonderful and very similar to TCM's.

I have to admit that I could not get used to the Yahoo Group, in spite of the intelligent, civil and amusing posting over there.

I think that today I finally lost my hope for the TCM Boards' "Recovery".

I posted something in a Garbo thread "sign petition" and ohhh boy it has turned into yet another fight thread!

Well, thanks for this Oasis!!!

Fernando
moira finnie
Administrator

Welcome, Fernando!

Post by moira finnie »

Fernando,Thanks for posting. I also noticed that things seemed especially grim over there today.

Hope that this nifty site that Jon has constructed for us proves to be a fun alternative. Hope that you'll feel free to write about the great Garbo somewhere here.
feaito

Post by feaito »

Of course I will!! Thanks for the welcoming Moira.

Jon, the site you've built is fabulous!!!
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

You're welcome. Glad to see you here. Honestly, I just wanted a place to post about movies, and I have mad hate for Yahoo groups.
feaito

Post by feaito »

jondaris wrote:You're welcome. Glad to see you here. Honestly, I just wanted a place to post about movies, and I have mad hate for Yahoo groups.
And you've made a great job! I too dislike the layout of the Yahoo groups.
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Thanks, Moira, Jon and Lynn! I made it! Good to see you, Fernando!

This was a nice surprise for today! I don't really care for the way that the Yahoo groups are set up. This is easier to navigate.

Sandy K
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

Actually, there are alot of cool features in this board software as well that I'm quite happy about as well.

Looking forward to enjoying this board!
ken123

Thanks

Post by ken123 »

Thank You all for setting up this new site. I love to discuss classic films, and I will try to avoid politics, but being a conservative (hehe) it might be very difficult to do. Thanks Again !
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

That's what the off-topic area is for.
moira finnie
Administrator

Hey, You!

Post by moira finnie »

Hey, Ken,
Don't start, bub!! See that General Chat area Jon's built for us here?? You know what subject goes there, don'tcha? Politics and other Off Topic blather!!

I'm actually glad that you stumbled over here and hope that you'll be posting madly and informatively about Film Noir, Westerns and other pertinent topics. Oh, and I hear that you like to talk about "how the Irish invented the movies"--isn't that how it goes? You know I'm kidding, don't you??
Last edited by moira finnie on April 14th, 2007, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ken123

Irish & The Movies - Moira

Post by ken123 »

Is there anything,in the entire world, that the Irish are not the best at ? By having invented everything there is they should be the best. Adam, Tubal cain, and other great figures in the Bible are all really Celts. So is Jesus ! :P
sugarpuss

Post by sugarpuss »

I just want to throw in my thanks for setting up this place as well. Unless there's some major work done, I think the TCM board is a-goner. And while the Yahoo group was nice, I prefer the message board format (and you get to have an avatar next to your name! I love it!)

It will be nice to have a sane place to talk about movies. Thanks again!
moira finnie
Administrator

Welcome Sugarpuss

Post by moira finnie »

I'm delighted that you're here, Sugarpuss. Can't wait to see what you choose for an avatar.
vallo

Hello I found you....

Post by vallo »

Hi All, Love the new site. As Serafina Delle Rose said in "The Rose Tattoo" "Now we can get back to some intelligent conversation".

vallo
klondike

Re: Irish & The Movies - Moira

Post by klondike »

ken123 wrote:Is there anything,in the entire world, that the Irish are not the best at ? By having invented everything there is they should be the best. Adam, Tubal cain, and other great figures in the Bible are all really Celts. So is Jesus ! :P
Careful, Ken, there might be Saesnach reading these posts, and you remember how the High Druid reminded us to dispense our Secret Knowledge to them in Small Doses, right?

For now, I'll just point out that God invented liquor to keep the Irish from conquering the Entire World.

On me Mather's grave, 'tis truth!

Klondike