Least favorite TV Series

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
ken123

Least favorite TV Series

Post by ken123 »

Well, if we can have a favorite list, why not a least favorite ?

I vote for anything with David Caruso in it ! All genres, decades, over the air or cable are welcome. :wink:
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

^ I agree about David Caruso. If he's in it, I flip right on by. :lol:

I am also so very, very, very tired of Friends that if I never saw it again I'd be quite pleased. I used to love it, but they let that show go on WAY past it's expiration date...and now it's become annoying as a whole.
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

How about all reality shows that aren't true sports (NFL, NBA, MBL,College sports, etc...) Enough of American Idol and the Simple Life already!
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

I think my pet peeve is the networks utter lack of creativity.

One LAW & ORDER good?

Well, then....twelve must be BETTER! Until we are all so sick of LAW & ORDER that we are ready to throw something at the TV.

Same goes for CSI.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Anything resembling a reality show. In particular "Wife Swap" and its variations. "Deal or No Deal" and its variations because it's not about getting anything right but about the "drama" of getting anything right.

You couldn't pay me to sit through "Idol" or "Dancing With The Stars."

On another note: I really like the original "Law and Order" and even "SVU" but "SVU" and "Criminal Intent" could just as easily have worked under different names. Like "CSI" and guess they wanted the Dick Wolf connection.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

I do not understand the popularity of According to Jim. There is nothing remotely appealing about Jim Belushi to me. He's not funny, not good-looking, not clever, not charismatic, a competent actor but not very deep or dangerous or sensitive or any thing that makes an actor interesting, AND his character is kind of a insufferably smug manly-man blue collar type.

Now, the manly-guy blue collar thing can be funny and interesting--for example, John Goodman on Roseanne, or Tim Allen on Home Improvement, all the men on Everybody Loves Raymond. And the insufferably smug guy can be funny, too--Kelsey Grammer's Frasier, or John C. McGinley on Scrubs. But not Jim Belushi. I always feel that he has a career because he is John Belushi's brother, IMO.

I am sick of reruns of That Seventies Show, too. I used to enjoy it, but now I am over it.

I hate South Park. I know that I am probably in the minority here. Bad animation and the same 3 jokes over and over again. Ugh.

Sandy K
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Seinfeld

I dislike all the actors, I dislike all the characters, and I'm still waiting for someone to say something funny. It just passed me right by -- I've tried to like it, since everyone else in the world seems to, but I can't warm to it.

Jerry Seinfeld makes me shudder. I wouldn't spend even 10 seconds of my time in the company of anyone like him, or any of the other obnoxious characters in the show, either.
ken123

Post by ken123 »

I watched SEINFELD once, I didn't get it. I watched HAPPY DAYS twice and I didn't get it either. A few years back I watched LAVERNE & SHIRLEY on Cable expecting the worse, it actually wasn't so bad. :o
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

My least favorite shows of the past ten years or so would be FRIENDS and EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND. I don't get Ray Romano's appeal at all.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Dewey:

I used to enjoy "Raymond" until he got to be such an idiot. The longer the show ran the more of an idiot he became and I couldn't stand him.

In fact, that's part of my problem with sitcoms is that most of the men are weak and not very smart. The wife or the kids don't really respect him and he is the butt of the humor. I hate to think there's no market for a Dick van Dyke type show.

(And, no the women shouldn't be shown that way either.)
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Everyone Loves Raymond, The King of Queens, and According to Jim are three shows that I have never seen, but seem to be mindless and witless from what I have seen of them from TV ads.The same goes for Friends. :oops:
benwhowell

Post by benwhowell »

I watched a couple of episodes of "Everybody Loves Raymond" and was (painfully) unable to understand the appeal. I was reminded of the scene from "Annie Hall" where Tony Roberts is choosing types of "canned laughter" to follow lines in his hit TV show.
This show was one of the reasons why I stopped watching the Emmys-over 10 years ago.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

I never sensed any chemistry between Romano and the actress who played his wife - I didn't care much for her, and I couldn't look at her ears. Silly, isn't it? But she had unattractive ears, and always seemed to wear unflattering hairdos that made the ears show - I especially hated when she wore it down, and the sides or tops of her odd ears peeked through the tendrils. Eeewww!

Also, she looked way older than Romano, and even acted more like a scolding mother than a wife.

I liked the easy chemistry between Tim Allen and his TV wife - it seemed real between the actors, and appeared much more natural for them to be a couple. (The actresses are both named Patricia, aren't they? I forget which was which.)
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

Hi, Judith.

Ray Romano's TV wife was played by Patricia Heaton.

Tim Allen's TV wife was played by Pat Richardson who happens to be nine days younger than me (although she looks more like nine years younger at least.)
"I'm at my most serious when I'm joking." - Dudley

Don't sweat the petty things - don't pet the sweaty things.
traceyk

Post by traceyk »

I don't get the appeal of reality shows. And they are everywhere! Practically every channel has some sort of reality thing going. The only one i can see the point of is "The Biggest Loser." My daughter, though it saddens me to say it, loves this show and I wnadered into her room the othe day and got SUCKED IN. And I can see where this show actually helps people. A lot of the contestants are morbidly obese and the show kick-starts them into getting back into shape and health.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. "~~Wilde