TCM Classic Film Festival (April 22-25, 2010)

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Moraldo Rubini

Re: TCM Classic Film Festival (April 22-25, 2010)

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

I returned my pass and asked for a refund (once I realized that A Star is Born wasn't a restoration of the original roadshow print). Got my money back today. Told them I look forward to reconsidering once they've announce the entire final schedule. I had a curious thought though: what screening would get you on a plane? What movie do you want to see so badly on the big screen, in a great palace, that you'd fly across country to see it? For me, obviously the restored roadshow version of A Star is Born; but also Evergreen; The Big Parade; The Wizard of Oz, restored to show the lost "triumphal return" scene; Die Grosse Liebe; Orson Welles' cut of Magnificent Ambersons; Abel Gance's Napoleon with full orchestra and all three screens.
srowley75

Post by srowley75 »

Moraldo Rubini wrote: what screening would get you on a plane?
If Gance's Napoleon had been on the schedule (as I hoped it might be - didn't expect, just hoped) - the Brownlow restoration, of course - I'd have bought a ticket and camped out at the theater besides. But as for what's been announced thus far- meh. As I said before, I'm unemployed and this would've been a monumental sacrifice for me. And while the restored Metropolis looks interesting, it's not quite what I would consider enough of a must-see (especially since it'll probably be on DVD within a year or so) - same with A Star is Born.

Alternately, if a major film find were to premiere - say, Convention City or The Patriot - I'd probably also be very willing to save those pennies any way I could and make the journey.

-S.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

"I had a curious thought though: what screening would get you on a plane? What movie do you want to see so badly on the big screen, in a great palace, that you'd fly across country to see it?" - << Moraldo Rubini >>

You know what...THAT is the $64,000 question.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

I can think of only one screening that I'd be willing to travel for, and it probably won't ever happen: a full-length,
fully restored, director's cut of von Stroheim's Greed.
Moraldo Rubini

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

jdb1 wrote:I can think of only one screening that I'd be willing to travel for, and it probably won't ever happen: a full-length,
fully restored, director's cut of von Stroheim's Greed.
I'd join you for that one, Judith!
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Moraldo,

Glad you were able to be refunded! Whew!!! FYI- They've changed the wording in RO's voice over about Star in the new festival promo currently running on TCM.

Am still wondering what film or event would get me to buy the $500 pass. I wish there was more info about the films and panels.

Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks! We'll have much to talk about!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Additions to the line-up for the TCM Festival have just been announced. If I lived within driving distance of the neighborhood, I would sure be looking for change in the cushions of my couch to scrape up the dough for this event, which now includes the following:

Rare public appearance of the actress Luise Rainer, who recently celebrated her 100th birthday, introducing her 1937 film, THE GOOD EARTH, which earned her the second of two consecutive Academy Awards.

Martin Scorsese's THE KING OF COMEDY (1982), with special guest Jerry Lewis

Alfred Hitchcock's SABOTEUR (1942), with special guest Norman Lloyd

"REMOVED FROM CIRCULATION: A CARTOON COLLECTION", presented by author Donald Bogle, who will present cartoons that have been kept from the public eye because of negative racial or cultural stereotypes.

World premiere of restored print of the early musical SUNNYSIDE UP (1929)

Rare U.S. screening of British film, NO ORCHIDS FOR MISS BLANDISH (1948)

THE STORY OF TEMPLE DRAKE (1933), a rarely screened Pre-Code film

Special program of short subjects, curated and presented by Leonard Maltin

Archival print of CASABLANCA (1942)

Archival print of THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD (1938)
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Moraldo Rubini wrote: I had a curious thought though: what screening would get you on a plane? What movie do you want to see so badly on the big screen, in a great palace, that you'd fly across country to see it?

Believe it or not, when they announced the screening of the restored version of Sunny Side Up, that's when I bought my pass. Thank goodness the Spotlight passes were sold out because I would be beating myself up for the next few years if I spent that much money on a pass. Even the other two tiers of passes are ridiculously expensive, but I have splurged.

Also looking forward to Capra's Dirigible, The Big Trail, the restored Metropolis, and Singin' in the Rain (I've never seen that on the big screen), A Woman's Face (Conrad Veidt on the big screen!!!), Pillow Talk and Top Hat (more movies I've never seen in a theater).

This is not the first time I've flown 3,000 miles across the country to Los Angeles, or flown to other cities, to see a movie or movies, but it certainly will be the most expensive movie trip I've ever taken. Add in the plane fare and hotel and restaurant meals and... oh my aching wallet. This had better be one dang heck special film festival. :)

(I once flew to L.A. to see an early Russell Crowe film, Hammers Over the Anvil, at the Egyptian Theatre. It was worth the money and the time, especially since the DVD that came out the year after was substandard -- washed out and pan and scan. The print at the Egyptian was beautiful.)
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

TCM is taking classic movies on the road as part of the run-up to the Film Festival:

Turner Classic Movies Heads to Five Cities for Road to Hollywood Tour, Leading Up to Launch of First-Ever TCM Classic Film Festival All Screenings Free to Public

Tickets Available Beginning March 1 at tcm.com/roadtohollywood

Turner Classic Movies is taking its love of great movies to five cities nationwide with the Road to Hollywood tour, a slate of special free screenings building up to the launch of the first-ever TCM Classic Film Festival. In the weeks before the festival, which will take place in Hollywood April 22-25, TCM will travel to Boston (March 18); New York (March 23); Chicago (March 30); Washington, D.C. (April 8); and San Francisco (April 21) for presentations of five outstanding films, each set in the city in which it will be screened.

Most of the films will be introduced by TCM host Robert Osborne or weekend daytime host Ben Mankiewicz. In addition, TCM is planning celebrity appearances for each screening. Oscar and Emmy-winning actress Eva Marie Saint ( On the Waterfront ) is scheduled to appear in Chicago for the presentation of the Hitchcock classic North by Northwest (1959).

Broadway legend Elaine Stritch ( Company ) will be on-hand for the screening of All About Eve (1950) in New York.

Filmmaker Peter Bogdanovich ( The Last Picture Show ) and popular San Francisco film critic and show business reporter Jan Wahl of KRON, will introduce the Orson Welles thriller The Lady from Shanghai (1948) in San Francisco.

Producer George Stevens Jr., founding director of the American Film Institute, will take part in the screening of his father’s film The More the Merrier (1943) in Washington, D.C.

And Boston Herald film critic James Verniere will take part in the Boston screening of The Verdict (1982).

“We couldn’t be more thrilled that we’ll be able to bring the excitement of our first TCM Classic Film Festival to folks in these five great cities,” said Osborne. “This is a great opportunity for us to connect directly with the TCM community across America. We look forward to meeting our fellow movie lovers and sharing our passion for great films.”

Below is a complete schedule of TCM’s Road to Hollywood screenings. Although the screenings are free to the public, tickets are required for entry. Tickets will be available beginning March 1 at http://www.tcm.com/roadtohollywood.

The Brattle Theatre in Boston – Thursday, March 18, at 8 p.m. – The Verdict (1982)
Ben Mankiewicz and Boston Herald film critic Jim Verniere will introduce this emotionally powerful legal drama directed by Sidney Lumet and written by David Mamet. Paul Newman earned an Oscar nomination for his performance as an alcoholic lawyer who is having difficulty keeping clients. He lands a dream case, however, when he is hired to sue a hospital for negligence.

The Ziegfeld Theatre in New York – Tuesday, March 23, at 7:30 p.m. – All About Eve (1950)
The legendary Elaine Stritch (Company) will join Robert Osborne in the Big Apple to present one of the greatest films ever made about life in the theater. Anne Baxter stars as a young actress determined to weasel her way into the world of top Broadway actress Margo Channing, played with gusto by Bette Davis. Celeste Holme, Thelma Ritter, Gary Merrill, Hugh Marlowe, Marilyn Monroe and an Oscar-winning George Sanders add relish to this outstanding comedy-drama by Joseph L. Mankiewicz.

The Music Box Theater in Chicago – Tuesday, March 30, at 7:30 p.m. – North by Northwest (1959)
Robert Osborne will by joined by Oscar and Emmy winner Eva Marie Saint (On the Waterfront) in Chicago for this presentation of one of Alfred Hitchcock’s biggest and most enduring hits. Cary Grant plays an everyman mistaken as a double agent and chased across the country by people on both sides of the law. Saint plays the woman unwittingly roped into helping him. James Mason, Leo G. Carroll and Martin Landau co-star.

The Avalon Theatre in Washington, D.C. – Thursday, April 8, at 8 p.m. – The More the Merrier (1943)
Ben Mankiewicz and producer George Stevens Jr., founding director of the American Film Institute, will introduce this highly entertaining film directed by Stevens’ father. Jean Arthur and Joel McCrea star as a pair forced to share a D.C. apartment during a wartime housing shortage. Charles Coburn won an Oscar for his deliciously comic performance.

The Castro in San Francisco – Wednesday, April 21, at 7:30 p.m. – The Lady from Shanghai (1948)
Filmmaker Peter Bogdanovich (The Last Picture Show), who is an expert on the films of Orson Welles and was a close friend of the director, will be joined by popular San Francisco film critic and show business reporter Jan Wahl of KRON as they introduce this memorable thriller. The story involves a fake murder plot that turns out to be all too real. Welles stars along with Rita Hayworth, Everett Sloane and Glenn Anders. The film’s extraordinary imagery includes an exciting hall-of-mirrors sequence that remains a cinematic masterpiece.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

TCM is offering a sweepstakes and a chance to win a trip and pass to the Film Festival in Hollywood next month:

Win the chance to join Turner Classic Movies, host Robert Osborne, and an amazing array of special guests and fans just like yourself, at the first ever TCM Classic Film Festival. This landmark event will be the can't-miss-event of 2010 for classic movie lovers.

Key Events Include:

The Producers (1968) presented by special guest Mel Brooks

The King of Comedy (1982) with special guest Jerry Lewis

A tribute to Luise Rainer appearing in person with her Oscar®-winning film The Good Earth (1937)

Sweet Smell of Success (1957) with special guest Tony Curtis

Midnight Cowboy (1969) with special guest Jon Voight

World Premiere of the Newly Restored A Star Is Born (1954)

North American Premiere of Newly Restored Metropolis (1927)

Enter for your chance to win!
Sweepstakes ends March 22.

One (1) Grand Prize Winner Will Receive:

Trip for two to LA

Round-trip coach airfare

Ground transportation

4 night hotel accommodations

(1) TCM prize pack

(1) $500 Amazon.com gift card

Spotlight Festival Pass

Entry to all screenings including the opening night red carpet premiere of the newly restored A Star Is Born (1954)

Exclusive party hosted by Vanity Fair magazine

Meet-and-greet breakfast with TCM host Robert Osborne

Official festival poster signed by Osborne

Priority admission

*If a selected winner, sweepstakes participants who have already purchased a festival pass will receive a refund on their purchased pass

Five (5) Secondary Prize Winners Will Receive:

(1) $100 Amazon.com gift card

(1) TCM & Warner Home Video Greatest Classic Films Collection DVD – Best Picture Winners

(1) Film Festival travel bag

(1) Film Festival hat

(1) Film Festival t-shirt

(1) Robert Osborne bobble head

(1) TCM mug

(1) TCM chat magnets

http://www.tcm.com/festival/sweepstakes/
Lynn in Lake Balboa

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Actress Luise Rainer, who recently celebrated her 100th birthday, is scheduled to make a rare public appearance in what is certain to be one of the most eagerly anticipated events at the TCM Classic Festival in April. Rainer will introduce the 1937 drama The Good Earth, which earned her the second of two consecutive Academy Awards®.

Also attending will be legendary actor, filmmaker and humanitarian Jerry Lewis, who is scheduled to introduce a new print of Martin Scorsese's acclaimed comedy-drama The King of Comedy (1983), and veteran actor, director and producer Norman Lloyd, who will introduce a screening of the Alfred Hitchcock classic Saboteur (1942). Rainer, Lewis and Lloyd join an extensive roster of celebrities scheduled to appear at the festival, including Mel Brooks, Tony Curtis, Jon Voight, Martin Landau, Buck Henry, Peter Bogdanovich, Susan Kohner Weitz and Juanita Moore.

In addition, director Richard Rush has agreed to be on-hand for the presentation of his 1980 film The Stunt Man; film critic and historian Leonard Maltin will curate and present a special program of notable shorts; and author Donald Bogle will introduce and discuss a collection of cartoons removed from circulation because of negative racial stereotypes.

TCM also unveiled part of its plans for Club TCM, the central gathering point for the TCM Classic Film Festival community. This area, which is open exclusively to festival passholders, will be abuzz with activity during the entire festival, providing fans with unique, once-in-a-lifetime experiences.

Among the events slated for Club TCM are a book signing and display of original art by Tony Curtis; a special screening of Joan Crawford's home movies, hosted by her grandson, Casey LaLonde; a presentation by special effects artist Douglas Trumbull; and numerous scheduled conversations with festival guests. Club TCM will also feature several panel discussions, including Casting Secrets: The Knack of Finding the Right Actor; Sequels and Remakes; Film Continuity: When Details Count; and TCM: Meet the People Behind the Network.

Club TCM will be headquartered in the Blossom Room of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. This lavish room is steeped in Hollywood history as the site of the original Academy Awards banquet.

In other news, TCM continues to work with the world's pre-eminent film archives to bring rare screenings and special presentations to the TCM Classic Film Festival. The latest additions to the slate are the restored films Sunnyside Up (1929), The Big Trail (1930) and The Story of Temple Drake (1933).

The festival is also scheduled to include a screening of an archival print of Casablanca (1942); a presentation of The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), paired with the Bugs Bunny cartoon Rabbit Hood (1949); rare theatrical screenings of the Joan Crawford drama A Woman's Face (1940) and the gangster drama No Orchids for Miss Blandish (1948); the classic Harold Lloyd comedies An Eastern Westerner (1920) and Safety Last (1923); and screenings of such crowd pleasers as Top Hat (1935), Laura (1944), Some Like It Hot (1959), Pillow Talk (1959) and Saturday Night Fever (1977).

The TCM Classic Film Festival is also slated to include Fragments, a compilation of footage from lost films presented by the archives of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences and UCLA.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

Moraldo Rubini

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Lzcutter wrote:Actress Luise Rainer, who recently celebrated her 100th birthday, is scheduled to make a rare public appearance in what is certain to be one of the most eagerly anticipated events at the TCM Classic Festival in April. Rainer will introduce the 1937 drama The Good Earth, which earned her the second of two consecutive Academy Awards®.
This is the most tempting of all for me. Doesn't she live in London now? How wonderful that she can make the trip, and a great opportunity to see this Pearl S. Buck epic on the BIG screen...

Also happy to hear of the five city tour. Thanks Lynn!
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

WoW!

The lineup for the TCM Festival keeps getting better. Here's today's press release. Hope lots of you are going. It looks like the movie-going experience of a lifetime.
Release Date: 3/9/2010
Jean-Paul Belmondo, Ernest Borgnine, Stanley Donen, Darryl Hickman and Eli Wallach Join TCM Classic Film Festival Roster

French superstar Jean-Paul Belmondo, Oscar®-winning actor Ernest Borgnine, award-winning director Stanley Donen, actor-producer Darryl Hickman and popular character actor Eli Wallach are among the latest special guests slated to appear at the TCM Classic Film Festival in April. Also appearing will be two members of the Frank Capra family, Tom Capra and Frank Capra III. They join an extensive roster of special guests scheduled to appear at the festival, including Mel Brooks, Tony Curtis, Luise Rainer, Jerry Lewis, Jon Voight, Martin Landau, Buck Henry, Peter Bogdanovich, Norman Lloyd, Susan Kohner Weitz and Juanita Moore.

Belmondo will be on-hand for the North American premiere of a newly restored print of Jean-Luc Godard’s New-Wave classic Breathless (1960), which celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2010. Earlier this year, Belmondo received the Los Angeles Film Critics’ Career Achievement Award.

Borgnine, who at age 93 remains incredibly fit and robust, will introduce the North American premiere of a newly restored print of the unique western Jubal (1956). His appearance, combined with centenarian Luise Rainer’s appearance for a screening of The Good Earth (1937), gives the TCM Classic Film Festival the honor of welcoming the oldest living Best Actor and Best Actress Oscar winners.

Donen will introduce Singin’ in the Rain (1952), the acclaimed musical he co-directed with Gene Kelly. The legendary director earned a special Academy Award® for his outstanding career.

Hickman, who began his career as a child actor, will help introduce the Gene Tierney melodrama Leave Her to Heaven (1945). Hickman’s long career in film and television includes more than 100 roles before he turned the age of 21.

Wallach will introduce the Sergio Leone western The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966). At age 94, Wallach continues to be a strong presence on the screen, this year appearing in Roman Polanski’s critically acclaimed thriller The Ghost Writer.

Tom Capra, director Frank Capra’s son, and Frank Capra III, the director’s grandson and Tom’s nephew, will introduce a newly restored print of the early Capra drama Dirigible (1931).

The TCM Classic Film Festival will also feature a world-premiere midnight screening of a restored print of The Day of the Triffids (1963).

The following are the latest highlights announced for the TCM Classic Film Festival:

Breathless (1960) – 50th anniversary screening and North American premiere of newly restored print introduced by Jean-Paul Belmondo
French star Jean-Paul Belmondo will introduce the North American premiere of a newly restored print of this seminal French New Wave drama. Belmondo plays a hood on the lam with a young American woman (Jean Seberg). Adapted by Godard from a story by Francois Truffaut, this groundbreaking character study offers candid looks at Parisian life and a romantic anti-hero. Often imitated, but never duplicated, this film had a tremendous impact by opening the door to a looser form of storytelling. In 2010, the Los Angeles Film Critics Association gave Belmondo a career achievement award.

Jubal (1956) – North American premiere of restored print introduced by Ernest Borgnine
Ernest Borgnine will introduce this intriguing western by Delmer Daves. The film puts the story of Shakespeare’s Othello in the saddle. Borgnine stars as a rancher who seeks marriage advice from a cowhand (Glenn Ford), only to be led into a jealous rage through the schemes of a villain (Rod Steiger). Extraordinary scenery and an intense, intelligent script highlight this underrated drama. The new 35mm digitally corrected negative for this film reproduces the original Cinemascope aspect ratio for the first time since the movie’s initial release. The original stereo soundtrack has also been restored.

Singin’ in the Rain (1952) – Introduced by Stanley Donen
Stanley Donen will introduce this sparkling film that has been called Hollywood’s greatest musical ever. He directed the film with Gene Kelly, who plays a silent film star making the transition to sound. Unfortunately, the star’s frequent leading lady, played hilariously by Jean Hagen, has a grating voice that could cause their latest film to flop. In steps Debbie Reynolds, a young chorus girl who is forced to dub her voice for Hagen’s. Donald O’Connor also stars in this wonderful musical comedy that features songs from the Arthur Freed/Nacio Herb Brown catalogue.

Leave Her to Heaven (1945) – Introduced by Darryl Hickman
Darryl Hickman, who was only 14 when this movie was made, will introduce the film and engage in a Q&A session following the screening. The romantic melodrama stars Gene Tierney as a woman who seems to love men to death. Cornel Wilde, Jeanne Crain and Vincent Price co-star. Leon Shamroy’s breathtaking color cinematography earned an Oscar.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) – Introduced by Eli Wallach
Longtime character actor Eli Wallach, who at the age of 94 can currently be seen in Roman Polanski’s The Ghost Writer (2010), comes to the TCM Classic Film Festival to introduce this exciting spaghetti western. Sergio Leone’s third film in his Dollars trilogy (following 1964’s Fistful of Dollars and 1966’s For a Few Dollars More) features Clint Eastwood, Van Cleef and Wallach as three gunmen hunting for a Confederate government treasure chest. Contributing to the film’s tremendous success is composer Ennio Morricone’s theme, one of the most recognizable in movie history.

Dirigible (1931) – Newly restored print introduced by Tom Capra and Frank Capra III
Tom Capra, director Frank Capra’s son, and Frank Capra III, the director’s grandson and Tom’s nephew, will introduce this early Capra drama. Jack Holt, Ralph Graves and Fay Wray star in the story of experimental dirigibles being used in the Antarctic. Elmer Dyer provided the outstanding aerial photography, which includes a fighter plane docking mid-air with a dirigible.

The Day of the Triffids (1963) – World-premiere midnight screening of restored print
Howard Keel and Janette Scott star in this adaptation of a novel by John Wyndham (Village of the Damned). It tells the story of a blinding meteor shower followed by an attack by mutant plants. Shortly after this film was released, the original negative was damaged in an accident. In order to restore it, restoration expert Michael Hyatt (My Fair Lady, Spartacus, Vertigo) decided his team would work directly on the negative rather than a digital copy. Following five years of work, including the pain-staking removal of more than 20,000 specks of dirt and extensive color retiming, this Cinemascope film has emerged more beautiful and vibrant than ever.

About the TCM Classic Film Festival
The first-ever TCM Classic Film Festival will take place April 22-25, 2010, in the heart of Hollywood. The network is inviting fans from around the country to join this new festival and share their passion for great movies. This landmark celebration of the history of Hollywood and its movies will be presented in a way that only TCM can, with more than 50 screenings, major events, celebrity appearances, panel discussions and more. The four-day festival will also provide movie fans a rare opportunity to experience some of cinema’s greatest works as they were meant to be seen – on the big screen.

The festival will involve several venues in a central area of Hollywood, including screenings at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre and the Egyptian Theatre. The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, which has a longstanding role in movie history and was the site of the first Oscar ceremony, will be the official hotel for the festival as well as a key venue for festival passholders.

Among the panels and events slated for the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel are a book signing and display of original art by Tony Curtis; a special screening of Joan Crawford’s home movies, hosted by her grandson, Casey LaLonde; a presentation by special effects artist Douglas Trumbull; and numerous scheduled conversations with festival guests. The hotel will also feature several panel discussions, including Casting Secrets: The Knack of Finding the Right Actor; A Remake to Remember: Hollywood’s Love Affair with Updating Movie Classics; The Greatest Movies Ever Sold: Classic Movie Marketing Campaigns; Location Location Location; Film Continuity: When Details Count; and TCM: Meet the People Behind the Network.

The central gathering point for the TCM Classic Film Festival community will be Club TCM. This area, which is open exclusively to festival passholders, will be abuzz with activity during the entire festival, providing fans with unique, once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Club TCM will be headquartered in the Blossom Room of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. This lavish room is steeped in Hollywood history as the site of the original Academy Awards® banquet.

The TCM Classic Film Festival is being produced by TCM. Serving as festival consultants are Bill and Stella Pence, who are well-known in industry circles as co-founders of the Telluride Film Festival.

The TCM Classic Film Festival is sponsored by Vanity Fair, the official festival partner and host of the opening night gala; Buick®, the official automotive sponsor; Delta Air Lines, the official travel partner; and Fekkai, official luxury hair care sponsor of the Vanity Fair’s Tales of Hollywood program.

Festival passes and additional information are available at http://tcm.com/festival.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Moraldo Rubini

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Hey, if anyone is flying out for the TCM Film Festival, you might want to consider a side trip up to San Francisco for the International Film Festival. Just a short ride up the state and you can see Visconti's first color film Senso (1954) featuring Alida Valli and Farley Granger (April 29 and May 2); Satyajit Ray's The Music Room (1958) on May 1 and 2; and the silent film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1916) on May 4. [Daniel Handler (aka "Lemony Snicket") will be one of the musicians in the pit!]

In the meantime, TCM's festival is looking better all the time. I'd like see Luise Rainer, but also Eva Marie Saint and Martin Landau speaking at the North By Northwest screening.
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

My festival pass arrived yesterday. Less than a month to go!

Hubby looked at it and said: "That's a really nice lanyard."

That's the kind of thing he notices. :)