What forums would you like to see?

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
SSO Admins
Administrator

What forums would you like to see?

Post by SSO Admins »

Any forums that you'd like to see? Film Noir? War movies? Cult films? Horrendously unwatchable lost Irene Dunne musicals?

Let us know and we'll see what we can do.
feaito

Re: What forums would you like to see?

Post by feaito »

jondaris wrote:Any forums that you'd like to see? Film Noir? War movies? Cult films? Horrendously unwatchable lost Irene Dunne musicals?

Let us know and we'll see what we can do.
I'm guessing you did not like "Stingaree" Jon :wink:
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

I would like an entire forum dedicated to the task of bashing Lawrence of Arabia. :twisted:

No bashing of Written On The Wind will be allowed, however. :P
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Noooo! I love Lawrence of Arabia!

After watching it, one does get VERY thirsty, though!

Sandy K
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

^ *teehee* :lol:
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Hey, maybe we should have a forum that is for actors and actresses or a general "People" forum. Or maybe a "Your Favorites" forum like on the TCM boards.

I read Moira's and Feaito's comments about Claudette Colbert in the Westerns forum and I'm trying to figure the best place to start a thread about Miss Colbert.

Sandy K
ken123

Irish Greatness in the Arts

Post by ken123 »

John Ford may need a thread of his own, but so should James Cagney, Spencer Tracy,Thomas Mitchell, Eugene O' Neil,Ann Dvorak ( McKim ) Greer Garson , and oh yes " THe Queen of Techicolor " Maureen , what is her name, oh,yes O'Hara :P
Last edited by ken123 on April 14th, 2007, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moira finnie
Administrator

Film Noir & Crime Sections?

Post by moira finnie »

I think that a Film Noir & Crime Section might be helpful. Does anyone else?

Ken, how about taking Miss O'Hara and her cohorts over to the Western area?
ken123

Moira

Post by ken123 »

I second your motion in regard to this site having a " Film Noir " section. I will take Miss O' Hara to the bedr...er I mean Western Section.

How about a section on Comedies/ Romantic Comedies ? :P
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

Done and done so far as Noir and Comedies go. What should we do about people? Just start an "Actors and actresses" forum under Film, and let people start threads about whoever they want to talk about?
moira finnie
Administrator

People Section

Post by moira finnie »

Would it be helpful to have an In Celebration section to praise longtime favorites or new discoveries made by individual posters in the world of classic film? Would it be acceptable to have an In Memoriam section along with an In Celebration area to note the death of filmmakers?

Jon, I think that people are bound to start threads about whomever they want to talk about throughout the forums, but I hope that others will add their thoughts on this idea eventually.
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Great Irish Actors should have a forum all its own.That thread would go on and on ! :P Only joking about the thread ( ? )
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I would like a Foreign Film section.
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

Mr. Arkadin wrote:I would like a Foreign Film section.
Rather than do this, I'd like to throw it open for discussion (and once I'm done with this post I intend to post one on forum organization under "Site Talk.). Suffice it to say that I'm posting this as a user, not administrator.

I *hate* the designation "foreign film." It seems to me an artificial category that serves to confuse the issue. Why not post foreign film threads according to what kind of film it is, rather than where it was made?

I came to this position through not being able to find DVDs at Borders. Is "The Last Laugh" a silent film or a foreign film? Do all Murnau films go under foreign until "Sunrise," when they automatically move? Shouldn't "The Seven Samurai" be considered an action film, or even a western, rather than a Japanese film? What possible purpose is served by categorizing films according to where they are made (other than warning Anne that subtitles are coming :)).

I'd like to hear other thoughts on this.
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

That's OK with me. If anything it might lure in people who normally won't watch a film in another language.