Where can you get it?

Fossy

Where can you get it?

Post by Fossy »

Where can films be bought.

www.warnerarchive.com I have a few films from here. They are absolutely top quality. They will only sell to USA.

www.amazon.com I have bought from this source. New and used are available. I have no qualms about buying used. I have not been caught with a sub standard film.
Some films are not available for sale to Australia from this source.

Pressplayhouse I have had no problems with this supplier.

Cd Universe I have had no problems with this supplier.

Learmedia I have bought from this supplier. Only one of their films has given me a problem. “Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid” which breaks up just before the end.

Alf Pisani (email [email protected]). I think I have bought about twenty films from him. All have been top quality. Alf is easy to talk to and deliveries have always been prompt.

Ebay much the same as Amazon, but a smaller selection.

Lovingtheclassics I have bought five Ann Blyth movies from this source. All have been ok. However I also bought four Grace Moore movies. All of these break up and/or seize at some point during playing. I have been able to overcome this by ejecting the DVD, reinserting it and fast forwarding. I have tried to contact them but have been unable to get a reply.

Robertsvideos It was suggested to me that I should not buy from this source because of poor quality, but he had three movies that I could not find anywhere else. Unfortunately I ignored the warning.

www.classicline.com.br I bought a parcel of films from this source. The quality is good, but I did have problems getting delivery. They all have Brazilian sub titles which were easily deleted.

Overstock.com I have a couple of sets of DVDs, but as yet have not had time to watch them. Delivery was prompt, and the price right.

Does anyone know any other sources?
Mr. Arkadin

Re: Where can you get it?

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I've had good luck with these guys:

http://www.oldies.com/
srowley75

Post by srowley75 »

Let me also advise AGAINST Robert's Videos. Way, way back in time, I ordered from this whackjob. It took more than a year before I received anything, and even then he didn't complete my order. At one point I was actually contacted by a lawyer who was wanting to prosecute Robert.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I usually stick to Amazon or Kino. I've bought off ebay DVD-r's and have always been dissappointed but they had titles I couldn't get elsewhere, I haven't bought there for a long time.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Flicker Alley and Milestone are good too. As well as Classicflix.
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
Fossy

Post by Fossy »

Thank you, Kingrat, Mr. Arkadin, srowley75, charliechaplinfan, and silent screen. Thank you for your responses, You are a big help. I am sure that others will appreciate the information contributed.
markfp

Post by markfp »

Fossy,
One of my favorites is dvdempire.com I've been buying from them for years and have been extremely pleased. and they do ship internationally.

I go along with others that you should stay away from Roberts. That outfit is nothing but bootleggers. As a rule of thumb I stay away from any site that doesn't have a postal address and a phone number. If I can only get them online, I don't trust them.

Good luck.
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

One place I do not see here is "scootermoviesshop" I have bought much from them and almost everything is $10.00 with shipping under $4.00. They have a very large selection of all movies

http://scootermoviesshop.com/zencart/in ... er_id=2534
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
phil noir

Post by phil noir »

A site I've come across recently is myoldmanmovies.com. I haven't ordered any titles from it, but perhaps others have? As far as I can see no title is more expensive than $4.99 and there are discounts for multiple orders. They have a lot of Marion Davies titles, so I'm quite tempted to put in an order soon.
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

This post has been deleted by the author.
Last edited by Uncle Stevie on August 25th, 2010, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle Stevie

Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

Last edited by Uncle Stevie on August 25th, 2010, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle Stevie

phil noir

Post by phil noir »

That's excellent news, Uncle Stevie. Nice to hear they're reliable.
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

Last edited by Uncle Stevie on August 25th, 2010, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle Stevie

Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

Last edited by Uncle Stevie on August 25th, 2010, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle Stevie