HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!

Chit-chat, current events
mrsl

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!

Post by mrsl »

I hope all of you guys out there have a wonderful day. If you can't be with your families, I hope the phones at least burn up the wires.

My Dad fell on Tuesday, and he's been in the hospital ever since, and going down hill steadily. I'm afraid it's not going to be a very happy day for our family, but he's always been a good Dad, and well loved.

I don't mean to rain on anyones parade, I'm just a little sad tonight.

But all of you deserve the best of days, I'm sure, so:

. . HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ONE AND ALL . . :lol:

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I hope you father will be OK Anne. I had one year where almost everyone in my family had a stay in the hospital--not fun. Kind of like jail with clean sheets.

My Dad is a movie buff and loves all the old Blondie movies so I picked up the Volume 1&2 DVD's (10 movies total) for him.

Happy Fathers day to all (I'm only a dog and cat dad :wink: ).
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

So sorry to hear about your dad. Isn't it great that he is so loved, and so appreciated? hope your family finds strength in each other. God bless, Anne.

Nancy
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

My thoughts are with you Anne. Keep the faith.
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
klondike

Post by klondike »

Anne - My thoughts & prayers go out to you & your Dad; my own father passed back in '83, just 3 mos. after the birth of my daughter, following my Mom into the Summer Lands after only 4 years. I like to think they must have been excited to see each other again, as they were married for nearly a half-century.
:)

Arkadin, ol' chum, funny you should mention that new Blondie set; I ordered one for my Sweetie just today! As for dogs on this day of paternal devotion - my current personal Malamute actually gave me a Luv-ya-Dad card this weekend (with some help from the Missus), and actually beat-out my 2-legged kids by a full day!
Kinda makes ya rethink the foodchain, eh? :wink:
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

Hi, Anne.

I'd just like to echo the sentiments of our fellow posters for good wishes for your Dad.

Klondike: Funny the parallels we share. My Dad died in '86, just 6 years after my Mom. My daughter was 18 months old when he passed away. My Mother got to enjoy her four grandsons, but never got a chance to meet her only grandaughter. It was a hard six years for him, but my little girl was one of the few bright spots he got to enjoy.

As I pointed out on another thread, my Dad looked a great deal like cinemalover's new avatar. :shock:
"I'm at my most serious when I'm joking." - Dudley

Don't sweat the petty things - don't pet the sweaty things.
inglis

your dad

Post by inglis »

Hi Anne!
Sorry to hear about your Dad .It's never easy when our parents start to fail in their health. I wish you and him well and that he does bounce back from his fall. Carol
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

My best wishes to both you and your dad on this day after Father's Day, Anne.
bradtexasranger

Post by bradtexasranger »

Best of wishes to you and your dad, Anne. Hope he gets better soon.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Please don't think of this as a bid for sympathy, I simply want to announce the facts once, and not keep repeating myself.

Dad passed away late last night, keeping alive my sole theme of celebratory days not to celebrate.

Dad died on Fathers Day
Mom Died on My birthday
My daughter died two days after Mothers Day
My favorite aunt died during Easter week
and finally my husband died on our 11th anniversary.

Dad was in quite a bit of pain the last couple of days, he went into a very fast decline with all of his systems shutting down, one by one, so it was a blessing when it came, so the sadness is not so enormous. He would have been 95 next birthday, and he had a wonderful, loving wife and family, and we're pretty sure he had a non-stop trip upward.

Thank you for all of your well wishes; you've all been great.

This is the prayer/poem we printed on the cards - it's such a reminder of the cycle of life, it helps in times like these:

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on the ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush, I am
the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there,
I did not die.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Anne:

There are no words that will adequately express how deeply sorry I am for your loss. I hope you know that as you mourn you are in the midst of a group who feel we know you and care for you. With that I hope you know that we can be ones you can rely on for support, if only on the pages of this board.

What a lovely poem. I'm sure that as long as you are here so too will be your father, as are those that have gone before. I pray for your comfort and peace in this sad time.

My deepest condolences.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

movieman1957 wrote:Anne:

There are no words that will adequately express how deeply sorry I am for your loss. I hope you know that as you mourn you are in the midst of a group who feel we know you and care for you. With that I hope you know that we can be ones you can rely on for support, if only on the pages of this board.

What a lovely poem. I'm sure that as long as you are here so too will be your father, as are those that have gone before. I pray for your comfort and peace in this sad time.

My deepest condolences.
I was never good with words at a time like this, and movieman1957 expressed it so eloquently, that I can only say, "Ditto."
"I'm at my most serious when I'm joking." - Dudley

Don't sweat the petty things - don't pet the sweaty things.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I'm so sorry for your loss, Anne. It doesn't matter how old the person we love is when they pass away--it's always too brief a time to get to know an individual and our hearts break all over again, even if we've experienced death before. I tend to believe that whatever that parent or any individual has given you lives again when you find yourself passing along what was best in them to others. I hope that you are reminded of your father's presence with you each day in each loving moment you express and quietly celebrate.
You're in my thoughts,
Moira