HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!

Chit-chat, current events
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Anne, you have my heartfelt condolences at this undeniably difficult time. You've been blessed with the gift of appreciating your loved ones in their time of life and the strength to cope with the sadness of their passing. I'll be thinking of you today.
-Dewey
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Anne, when my Mom died, 4 days before her 90th birthday, some one I did not know very well sent me a handwritten note that said, " It's hard to shut the door, even if we've been waving goodbye for a long time."

You may not know all of us very well, but we all feel like family, and families close ranks and support one another in times of grief and pain. So know that we are all "surrounding" you with thoughts, prayers and support right now.

Nancy
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
bradtexasranger

Post by bradtexasranger »

Anne, I'm so sorry to hear that. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
klondike

Post by klondike »

Remember Anne, for those of us who truly Love This Board, it is not only a Community, but also a Family.
Do not hesitate to lean on us here at your Silver Screen Oasis in the days & weeks to come.
That is what Family is for!
benwhowell

Post by benwhowell »

Anne, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. The poem you all chose is a beautiful reminder of the cycle of life. My favorite poet is ee cummings. His poetry has always been a big help to be in times of celebration and times of loss. I'd like to share one of my favorites with you-also a reminder of the cycle of life.

when god lets my body be

From each brave eye shall sprout a tree
fruit dangles there from

the purpled world will dance upon
Between my lips which did sing

a rose shall beget the spring
that maidens whom passions wastes

will lay between their little breasts
My strong fingers beneath the snow

Into strenous birds shall go
my love walking in the grass

their wings will touch with their face
and all the while shall my heart be

with the bulge and nuzzle of the sea
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Anne, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You will be in our prayers.
inglis

your dad

Post by inglis »

Anne
So sorry to hear of the loss of you Dad ,You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Carol
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!

Post by moira finnie »

Happy Father's Day 2011 to all the fathers out there.

We may not say it well or often, but we love you guys. I hope each of you hears that today or at least someday from your offspring. We know you're not perfect, but you are so much more vital to those of us who have been lucky enough to know by heart the sound of your step, your laugh, your bellow, and your tenderness.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Uncle Stevie

Re: HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!

Post by Uncle Stevie »

My Dear Anne,

Your loss is felt by all of us. We share your grief and also your relief that suffering has ended. You have given us all cause to reflect on our own families. I was lucky today to be able to spend time with all my children and their extended families. I treasure what I have now and think of your loss as one that eventually comes to all of us. You were fortunate to have your Dad for all these memorable years and I am sure your thoughts right now go to many pleasant moments you had with him. I feel your pain and I also share your joy of happy memories. We wish your coming days be filled with a calming resolution that Dad is resting peacefully.

Uncle Stevie
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"