" Flo "

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
ken123

" Flo "

Post by ken123 »

Yes we have a recession, oil spill, and endless wars, but I would like to hear peoples' opinion in regard to " Flo, the Progressive Insurance pitch lady ". :roll:
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: " Flo "

Post by Lzcutter »

I don't have a vested interest in Progressive nor am I a customer of theirs, but I do enjoy their commercials very much and that is mainly due to the actress playing "Flo".
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

I love the newest one, when she's conducting a tour of the "store" and answering questions. One really geeky guy (who reminds me of someone :shock: :lol: :lol: ) asks her "what if your mother won't let you drive?" and her immediate response is kind and funny at the same time. Love ol' Flo.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

I adore Flo and and couple of people have told me I remind them of her. Hmmm. Certainly not with my birdsnest hair in this humidity compared to her sleek do. They must mean personality! I love commercials with good acting. Sometimes, the less said, the better. I liked the Chef Boyardee one where the mom is trying to signal her husband not to let on to the kid that there's veggies in it. I also liked the Geiko caveman and gecko commercials, before they got carried away. They gecko should have stuck to silents; imo he didn't transition well to talkies!
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Those ads are clever and actually tell you a good deal about the product. On the other hand Geico is getting a lot of mileage out of a character that tells you little more than you can save some money. Not true all the time.

Working for a competitor I answer a lot of questions about what people see on TV. They don't always pay attention.

Flo is pretty good.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

True, but movieman1957, that gecco is such a cute little guy. I love when he chomps down on that potato chip, or when the boss decides to trust him to catch him when he falls backward. For me, Flo is a lot like Mr. Cooper (don't squeeze the Charmin). She had to grow on me, but now I like her just fine.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Do we know who this actress is? She reminds me a lot of the wise-crackers of Classic Hollywood, particularly Virginia Weidler and Mary Wickes. I see a long career looming, if she's wise.

Love the hair bump. On her it looks good.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I have heard she is a comedian/actress who works in Southern California.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."