The Good News Thread

Chit-chat, current events
srowley75

Re: The Good News Thread

Post by srowley75 »

movieman1957 wrote:My niece is studying marketing in college and is doing an internship with the Red Cross. It might lead to a job as she is coordinating for fundraisers and such. She is enjoying herself.
Uh..is her first name Elizabeth? The VISTA at our chapter right now is studying marketing online, and that sounds like some of what the VISTA volunteer/intern is supposed to do. :-)
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

MichiganJ wrote:
jdb1 wrote:Last Sunday I was at Yankee Stadium to see the Yanks play Kansas City.
That was a loooooong game. Too bad A-Rod didn't hit his 600th!

(By the way, I think tonight's my turn to pitch a no-hitter.)
Well, I suppose that guy might hit another homer sometime soon; they tell me he's pretty good. And not that there's anything at all wrong with his hunky front side, but for me, the best part was sitting along the first base line and seeing Teixeira from the rear :wink:
ken123

Post by ken123 »

jdb1 wrote:
MichiganJ wrote:
jdb1 wrote:Last Sunday I was at Yankee Stadium to see the Yanks play Kansas City.
That was a loooooong game. Too bad A-Rod didn't hit his 600th!

(By the way, I think tonight's my turn to pitch a no-hitter.)
Well, I suppose that guy might hit another homer sometime soon; they tell me he's pretty good. And not that there's anything at all wrong with his hunky front side, but for me, the best part was sitting along the first base line and seeing Teixeira from the rear :wink:

Judith,
You bad girl. 8)
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

srowley75 wrote: Uh..is her first name Elizabeth? The VISTA at our chapter right now is studying marketing online, and that sounds like some of what the VISTA volunteer/intern is supposed to do. :-)
Nope. It might be similar work.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Stephen (Steven?), I think I speak for all of us here when I say HOORAY FOR YOU!!!!! You truly do sound like you've turned a corner, as CCF said, and you're headed down a wide, sunny avenue. Please keep us up to date on your progress, and we're all pulling for you!

Nancy
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

At the risk of multiple posts (gulp) I do have to share this with all of you. You have, I am sure, seen the emails with photos of unbelievable people shopping at Walmart. I think someone should start a photo gallery of 'unusual' cars and or trucks. Today, as I was driving along a busy street with lots of stoplights, I saw a "pick-em-up" truck with a pair of antlers, each mounted on the door frames. There were various decals of men shooting deer with crossbows on the rear window, but the absolute piece' de resistance was the front half of a plastic wide mouth something or other fish stuck on the outside of the rear window....ah, men...... :shock: :lol: :shock:
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

There were various decals of men shooting deer with crossbows on the rear window, but the absolute piece' de resistance was the front half of a plastic wide mouth something or other fish stuck on the outside of the rear window....ah, men......
And a person of the male gender of the species* who would be revolted by such a sight would be characterized as....?

*(I know. That implies that the female and male are of the same species when generally it appears that they are not. But please bear with me.)
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

I KNEW I should have taken a picture.....ChiO, was that YOU???? :shock: :lol: :shock:
srowley75

Post by srowley75 »

movieman1957 wrote:
srowley75 wrote: Uh..is her first name Elizabeth? The VISTA at our chapter right now is studying marketing online, and that sounds like some of what the VISTA volunteer/intern is supposed to do. :-)
Nope. It might be similar work.
Just thought I'd ask. I could've sworn the young lady in our office said she was from Baltimore originally - or else that she was going there once her contract expired.

Thanks for the well-wishes and for any referrals. Lord knows, everything helps.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Stephen - Congratulations to you. I think it sounds like a wonderful opportunity.

We have had a little good news in our neck of the woods and will be toasting along with you soon!

The best news this week: I got to take the kids swimming yesterday and it was wonderful to hear the guy on the radio say over and over..." Heat warning, heat warning, stay in, stay cool...etc." Boys, it sure doesn't feel like a heat warning when you're in a pool!
B
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

We can all finally rest easy folks, Lindsay has been released from jail.
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

did you hear there were demonstrations in NYC in support of "freeing" her? I'll bet our Judith was the organizer!!!! :shock: :D
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

knitwit45 wrote:did you hear there were demonstrations in NYC in support of "freeing" her? I'll bet our Judith was the organizer!!!! :shock: :D
Hah!! The only time I'd ever give that waste of protoplasm even 10 seconds' thought would be the times I might thank the higher powers that my own daughter isn't anything like that.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

AMEN!!!! 8)
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

We're off on holiday tomorrow for 2 and a half weeks, no planes this time. So ta ta for now :D
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin