Trade for these?

The place for film-trading!
markbeckuaf

Trade for these?

Post by markbeckuaf »

Hi everyone,
I'd love to find some/all of these--happy to trade for 'em! :)

KING OF JAZZ (1930)
WESTBOUND LIMITED (1937)
NIGHTMARE (1942) Brian Donlevy
SHOW OF SHOWS (1929)
SHOWGIRL IN HOLLYWOOD (1930)
PLAYING AROUND (1930)
SWEET MAMA (1930)
SWEETHEARTS ON PARADE (1930)
HAPPY DAYS (1929)
COLLEGE HOLIDAY (1936) Jack Benny
WIFE WANTED (1946)--Kay Francis

Thank you! :)
It's a pre-code world and we're living in it!
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

^ I have several of those. ;)

I'll send you a PM about it.
My wife said she'd help young people, ... That's what I'd do. Help young people, then buy a big motor home and get out of town.
~ Gary Cooper
markbeckuaf

Post by markbeckuaf »

^Awesome!!!! I saw yer PM and PM'd ya back! :D

Thank you! :)
Mark
It's a pre-code world and we're living in it!
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

^ I replied back. :)
My wife said she'd help young people, ... That's what I'd do. Help young people, then buy a big motor home and get out of town.
~ Gary Cooper
TalkieTime

Re: Trade for these?

Post by TalkieTime »

I record from TCM quite a lot of early talkie movies through movies of the film noir era. That is the main content in my home-recorded time-shifted DVD archive. My DVD archive also has a very limited number of post 1960 movies.

Once in a while there is a glitch or other complication and I miss something. Late yesterday afternoon Comcast must have rebooted its feed with the result that two different Motorola cable boxes (a HD DCX3200 and a SD DCT700) found their way to the TV Guide Channel instead of their usual settings to TCM and the Fox News Channel. This happened some time between the end of Glenn Beck (3:00 p.m.) and the beginning of Make Way For Tomorrow (5:00 p.m.). After missing Make Way For Tomorrow I discovered this problem in time to change the DCX3200 back to TCM to record The Challenge (11:00 p.m.).

Back in February I missed A Damsel In Distress, a 1937 Fred Astaire and Burns and Allen movie.

I would be happy to make a copies of something else to swap for copies of Make Way For Tomorrow and/or A Damsel In Distress. What do you need or want?
"A rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a rose will possess the rose's fragrance." --Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Make Way for Tomorrow will reshow Dec. 24th. Criterion has also recently released this film on DVD. There is also an R2 release.
TalkieTime

Post by TalkieTime »

Mr. Arkadin wrote:Make Way for Tomorrow will reshow Dec. 24th. Criterion has also recently released this film on DVD. There is also an R2 release.
Thanks for the heads-up for Make Way For Tomorrow. I'll make sure I catch that showing.
"A rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a rose will possess the rose's fragrance." --Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

TT, Damsel in Distress is NOT Fred's best..(IMO). The moments with George and Gracie can't quite compensate for the scenes with Joan Fontaine. In this film, at least, she was a triple threat: She couldn't dance (it was painful to watch), she couldn't sing, and she couldn't, in this one, act. :roll: :roll: Fred has to dance around her while she kind of walks along... :shock: :shock:

I think you might be disappointed in this one. Fred, of course, was lovely in anything he did.

just my opinion, and if you're like me, you'll still want to make up your own mind :lol:

sorry for all the smilies, but sometimes they explain better than I can.... :oops: