The Good News Thread

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Re: The Good News Thread

Post by charliechaplinfan »

That's a beautiful picture Brenda of your family. Thank you for posting.

I know girls and in my case little boy too, they never stop talking.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

It's been almost a month since anyone posted Good News, so here's a bit of good news (for me).

Taking a 4 day car trip to the Table Rock Lake area of MO, just south of Springfield, visiting with 2 friends from...HIGH SCHOOL. Actually, one of them, Elaine, I have known since....KINDERGARTEN. (I know, I know, the dinosaurs were just going over the hill when I was a kid)

Anyway, the weather is supposed to be mild, a little rain, a little sun, and the leaves should be really pretty. So see you guys later. Keep the light on for me, ok?? :D
feaito

Post by feaito »

How wonderful Nancy. Have a great trip and a grand time!
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Have a great time, Nancy!

Aw Fernando, what a cute baby you were! Just a preview of things to come. :)
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks Brenda. Sadly not preview of things to come, because I am sterile. Notwithstanding the foregoing my wife and I have had 17 wonderful years of marriage!! :D
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Have a lovely break Nancy, you deserve it :D
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

In any case Fernando, I meant a preview of things to come in the good looks department on your part. :D
You are a beautiful couple, and not that many people can claim 17 years of happy marriage in this day and age.
Myself included.
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Love this photo of son Josh with daughter Emma (half of his twin girls) and stepdaughter, Savannah.
Josh said she was a pretty moody baby that day, so this was a lucky catch.

Good news is that I'll be seeing them soon. :D
feaito

Post by feaito »

silentscreen wrote:In any case Fernando, I meant a preview of things to come in the good looks department on your part. :D
You are a beautiful couple, and not that many people can claim 17 years of happy marriage in this day and age.
Myself included.
I misunderstood, sorry Brenda, I thought you were talking about children...Thanks for your compliments. Thank God, when around 1995-6 (I was 28), I learnt that I was unable to produce children and 100% sterile -and it was quite a blow for us both-our relationship & bond became even stronger after that... BTW, my parents celebrated 44 years of marriage last Friday.

Brenda, Baby Emma is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congrats!!!
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

feaito wrote:
silentscreen wrote:In any case Fernando, I meant a preview of things to come in the good looks department on your part. :D
Myself included.
I misunderstood, sorry Brenda, I thought you were talking about children...Thanks for your compliments. Thank God, when around 1995-6 (I was 28), I learnt that I was unable to produce children and 100% sterile -and it was quite a blow for us both-our relationship & bond became even stronger after that... BTW, my parents celebrated 44 years of marriage last Friday.

Brenda, Baby Emma is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congrats!!!
You do not have to reproduce children yourself you leave a legacy. All you have to do is be aware, and contribute, and I think you do.
Those who truly know you and love you, accept you, and don't care about the rest. Obviously your gorgeous wife loves you.
You are a "keeper" as we say in America, and she's smart enough to kow it. :)

My congratulations to your parents!
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks Brenda very much for your words. Now many years after it is an acknowledged fact and since I'm 43 and she's 46, we are in another phase of our lives, it is really part of our histiry as a couple, but back then it was quite shocking especially due to some people's questions, reactions and meddling, even close relatives who gave us "all kinds" of advice. But you know Brenda, I love my wife, I love that woman wholeheartedly....since she didn't have any biological individual problem or issue to produce children she was told by some people... "But you are not the one with the problem" and she responded "I'm married to Fernando so it's our issue not HIS issue"....and to others who told her..."You're not going to be a mother!" she said: "I'm not interested in being a MOTHER per se or for the selfish sake of it, I married Fernando because he is the man I love and I wanted to have child by him. Period"....I was so deeply moved by her courage and self-assurance. I'll never forget that until I die. As sidenote, there are men and women who are so ignorant as to believe that being sterile is the same as being impotent; Can you believe that?
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

I cannot believe that! That is a form of discrimination, just like any other.
I'm very sorry you had to go through that. I go though various forms of discrimination myself,
even in this day and age. But I'm at peace with who I am, so it doesn't bother me much.
I do not count on the opinion of others to make me feel good about myself, and neither do you! :)

~ Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. ~
Aristotle
feaito

Post by feaito »

I don't care about others' opinions at all either....unless it comes from nice, well-intentioned, good-natured and fine people.... which, sadly are the least...

Talking about good news, tonight I've just come back from a Bebel Gilberto Concert and it was amazing. I love the woman , the artist , her voice and her music.....We -the audience- were so enthusiastic that when she went away, we adamantly demanded an Encore and she closed the show with the infectious Cover of Carmen Miranda's "Chica Chica Boom Chic", which is included in her latest album. Bravo Bebel!! An thanks for coming to Santiago de Chile.
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

feaito wrote:I don't care about others' opinions at all either....unless it comes from nice, well-intentioned, good-natured and fine people.... which, sadly are the least...

Talking about good news, tonight I've just come back from a Bebel Gilberto Concert and it was amazing. I love the woman , the artist , her voice and her music.....We -the audience- were so enthusiastic that when she went away, we adamantly demanded an Encore and she closed the show with the infectious Cover of Carmen Miranda's "Chica Chica Boom Chic", which is included in her latest album. Bravo Bebel!! An thanks for coming to Santiago de Chile.
Wonderful!
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Fernando,
Your weekend sounds amazing!
Re: the discrimination described about family status, I can't believe the prying questions family, friends, aqaintances and strangers alike will be brave enough to ask. It seems no answer ever satisfies anyone and they offer weird advise and admonishments about 'why didn't you ever...' Do you still get that? I just say, 'I don't talk about that' and leave people wondering about my dark side. Anyway, you and your wife are a family and your long-lasting marriage is an inspiration to many. I just can't get over that cutie picture of you. You were rather fair as a tot, weren't you? Too fun, thanks for sharing it.
B