Doctors advise Elizabeth Edwards to Seek No More Treatments

Chit-chat, current events
ken123

Doctors advise Elizabeth Edwards to Seek No More Treatments

Post by ken123 »

Elizabeth Edwards, estranged wife of former U.S.Senator John Edwards ( Scumbag - N.C)* and two time seeker of the Democratic Presidential nomination has been advised by her physicians not to seek further treatment in regard to her cancer which has spread to her liver. :(

*Scumbag does not refer to Mr. Edwards politics, but to his treatment of his wife that include at least one extra martial affair.
mongoII

Re: Doctors advise Elizabeth Edwards to Seek No More Treatments

Post by mongoII »

Your on the money regarding the former senator, Ken. My prayers are with Elizabeth.
Joseph Goodheart
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

A real shame. Seems like a nice lady who's been very brave in the face of adversity.
Can't say much for her husband who certainly failed her when she needed him most. :(
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Mrs Edwards has passed. RIP :(
klondike

Post by klondike »

Too bad she didn't run for office, and leave him home with the kids & the laundry.
What a strong, tough, moral woman - we're the better now, and more inspired, for her writing, and the courage that made it possible. :idea:
I doubt John Edwards will even attempt another campaign run for any executive seat.
Myself, I'd bet hard coin that he couldn't get elected dog catcher in any community in America; what an added shame that he was a candidate for the Democratic Party. :| :oops: :|
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

God rest her soul and help her children, Jack, 10, Emma, 12, and daughter Cate, 28.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
klondike

Post by klondike »

AAARRGHHHHH!

This end-note makes my blood boil!! :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:

From MSNBC, today:

A church that pickets funerals to protest what it calls American immorality says its members will be picketing the service this Saturday for Elizabeth Edwards, who died of breast cancer on Tuesday.

Based in Topeka, Kan., the Westboro Baptist Church said it would be outside the Edenton Street United Methodist Church in Raleigh, N.C., during the funeral for the former wife of one-time vice presidential candidate John Edwards.

Related content Newsweek: Revisiting the Westboro Baptist Church Newsweek: SCOTUS to hear church free speech case Westboro members, led by the Rev. Fred Phelps, have also picketed military funerals to make their point that U.S. deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq are punishment for Americans' immorality, including tolerance of homosexuality and abortion.

Signs like "Thank God for Dead Soldiers" have been raised at military funerals, and the church announced its latest action with a press release titled "God hates Elizabeth Edwards."

The church, founded in 1955, has about 70 members consisting mostly of Phelps' children, grandchildren or in-laws. Phelps, 80, and his followers have protested at more than 200 military funerals, according to court documents.

The church has gotten the attention of the U.S. Supreme Court, which last October heard arguments over whether it has a free speech right to picket funerals with its controversial signs.

The justices are expected to rule by mid-2011 in the case brought by the father of a Marine killed in Iraq. He wants a $5 million civil verdict reinstated against members of the church.

More U.S. news Dems help Chinese firm chase stimulus
Top Democratic lobbyists are behind a proposed wind farmthat stands to get $450 million in stimulus money, even though a Chinese company would operate the farm and its turbines would be built in China. Full story
WikiLeaks vigilante war spills onto Web Updated 20 minutes ago 12/9/2010 6:30:50 PM +00:00 Report: WikiLeaks backers take aim at Amazon Controversial church to picket Edwards funeral Warrants detail abuse of kids buried by dad An appeals court threw out the fine on the ground that the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right of free speech.

The Supreme Court justices heard arguments in the emotion-laden case of Albert Snyder. His son died in Iraq in 2006, and members of the church protested the funeral.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said the question is whether the First Amendment must tolerate "exploiting this bereaved family."

There was no clear answer from the court during the questioning.

Snyder is asking the court to reinstate the lower-court verdict's fine against the Westboro members who held signs outside the funeral of Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder, including ones that read "Thank God for Dead Soldiers, "You're Going to Hell" and "God Hates the USA." The Marine was killed in a Humvee accident in 2006.

The church also posted a poem on its website that attacked Snyder and his ex-wife for the way they brought up Matthew.

The case pits the right of the father, Albert Snyder, to grieve privately against the church members' right to say what they want, no matter how offensive.

Only on msnbc.com BLTWY: 10 things you should know about Assange Dems help Chinese firm chase stimulus Gift cards are improved this year, but not perfect Red Tape: Vigilante war spills onto Web Green toys are red-hot this holiday season Big PR goof? China's confusing Confucius prize Islamists in Europe: A 'clash of cultures' looms The members of the small church welcome the attention the protests have brought, mocking their critics and vowing not to change their ways whatever the outcome at the Supreme Court.

"No American should ever be required to apologize for following his or her conscience," said Margie Phelps, a daughter of Fred Phelps and the lawyer arguing the case for the church.

Snyder won an $11 million verdict against the church for intentional infliction of emotional distress, among other claims. A judge reduced the award to $5 million before the federal appeals court in Richmond, Va., threw out the verdict altogether, citing the church's free speech rights under the First Amendment.

For Snyder, the case is not about free speech but harassment. "I had one chance to bury my son and it was taken from me," Snyder said.

Forty-eight states, 42 U.S. senators and veterans groups have sided with Snyder, asking the court to shield funerals from the church's "psychological terrorism."

While distancing themselves from the church's message, media organizations, including The Associated Press, have called on the court to side with church because of concerns that a victory for Snyder could erode free speech rights.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

This madman is only 1 hour away from me, and it sickens me every time I read about the next victim of his abusive attention. My nephew, age 19, was killed in a motorcycle accident 2 years ago. He was just home from serving in Iraq, and we were terribly apprehensive that these fine church-going folk would show up at Ty's funeral, but we were spared that. How can so few people carry so much hate within themselves?
klondike

Post by klondike »

knitwit45 wrote:This madman is only 1 hour away from me . . .
How can so few people carry so much hate within themselves?
Cousin Nancy, we've this old saying in Nawthin N'inglund:
"You can't pick your neighbors, but you can choose the height of your fence."

Rest assured, when I think of Kansas, I think of L. Frank Baum, and sunflowers, of Colonel Dodge and Buffalo Jones, of Harvey Girls and the mighty Osage nation; perhaps the Phelps family & their followers should try founding some churches in Iraq or Afghanistan, see how tolerant other cultures are of their hideous bile.
srowley75

Post by srowley75 »

I really wish the media would just ignore him. I think if he and his ilk weren't given the time of day, they wouldn't try this BS.

But then I think the same of so many of the individuals in the world of entertainment and politics who clutter up the headlines, when there are so many other more important issues affecting the world and that are worthy of our attention. Sadly, those issues do not sell papers or generate website traffic, as a glance at the "trending" list on any search engine will bear witness.