SAY A PRAYER

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

SAY A PRAYER

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I don't often log on in the morning but this morning I did, I was just replying to the Buster Keaton thread and chatting to my daughter who was coughing and going to open the door whe she shrieked, I shot up to go to her, she was clinging onto the door handle, I loosened her grip and placed her on the floor where she had a fit. I've never seen a fit before, no one in either family has had fits, she hadn't shown a temperature. Joe was watching age 5, me panicking inside but not wanting either of them to know, trying to keep a lid on it. The ambulance service were great, soon got to us and rushed us to Preston where she was surrounded by medics, still fitting, she was given diazapan and some other medication, she stopped breathing because of the effects of the drugs but started again after 5 minutes. She has been unconscious/asleep most of the day but is awake now. Chris is with her at hospital, I'm home trying to keep things normal for Joe. We don't know why it happened, she had no temperature, tomorrow she has a brain test. The hospital are calm, it's not infrequent in children but are baffled, which is slightly worrying. We await test results.

It was awful to watch, not being able to stop what was happening or help, apart from stroking her arm, as a mother I feel so helpless, I'm not even there tonight as Joe who is the most upset wants me, he's a Mummy's boy and Libby who is a Daddy's girl has got her Dad. I could have cried when I left that hospital tonight.

Say a prayer for her just in case.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: SAY A PRAYER

Post by movieman1957 »

No "just in case" about it. Will lift her up.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

You are absolutely in the front of my thoughts. I'm praying it was a one time thing.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Alison, you are all in my prayers. Please let us know how she is doing. It sounds like Mummy did just fine.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Mummy is sat here now nursing a small whisky, medicinal of course, having settled Joe whilst 3 cats go nuts because no one has been home all day, feeling in need of a hug from an adult and being all alone. It's reassuring to know you are all there for me.

I've just rung Chris at hospital, it's 10pm here, Libby is still up playing on her DS whilst Chris sounds shattered, we don't know why yet but she has had a bad cough for some day, not so bad that Chris and I thought of taking her to the doctor, she was off school last week but had been to school yesterday and was ready to go this morning, I never saw any sign and feel bad that the stxth mummy sense failed me this time.

Plus I have stinking cold!
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
klondike

Post by klondike »

Alison, congratulate yourself for moving quickly & smartly, and reacting to this crisis like a strong, brave Mom should - and let us all thank our lucky stars that she was close enough for you to help her so effectively!
Though it's small comfort to you right now, I feel strongly that the majority of news heading your way this week will be positive & encouraging in the face of this nightmare; it is within my prayer for you that I hope you will be in a frame of mind to accept & utilize that information despite feeling like you are being eaten alive by shock & worry & fear. The fact that your beloved little angel has never had a seizure or convulsive incident before bodes quite well, I feel; though there will probably still be some dormant genetic factors discovered, she had dodged an early onset situation, and with a lack of such disorder 'up the line', in either family, that has to be an optimistic sign.
You are both Good Parents, Dear; be gentle with yourselves, and with each other.
Nothing is as strong as a Parent's Love - no force on earth, no event that can even be imagined . . I know; soldier on, with our unqualified support; we'll be right here for you, every step of the way.
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Alison, you and your daughter are in my prayers.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Alison, I have 'shared' this with others here, and it's a perfect time for you: Place your left hand on your right shoulder, and your right hand on your left shoulder. Now squeeze gently...that's a hug from me (and everyone else here) Wish I was there with you right now, but I am in spirit. Mr. A's verse is one of my favorites, too.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Alison, Here's a big, long hug from me too.

I KNOW you are a wonderful mother, you need never fear about that. There is no way you could have had any pre-knowledge of this. You reacted quickly and surely, even though it was the most frightening situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you. That she is up and playing is a good sign. I'm sending all my love to you.
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Oh Alison, my Dear Friend,

My heart goes out to you and wee Libby! You and your family are in my prayers!

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14.27)

All will be well!
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Allison:

Thank you for telling us what happened. It helps us to be there with you in mind if not in body. Think of it as the opening of A Wonderful Life with all the prayers going up saying, "Please help Mr. Bailey", but in this case heaven will be pelted with "Please help Libby and her family".

Our love goes out to you, but be sure to take care of you also, a lot of people are depending on you.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
feaito

Post by feaito »

Dear Alison, I send you a big hug and all my best vibes and wishes for Libby's speedy recovery. Very sincerely, your pal Fernando.
Ann Harding

Post by Ann Harding »

Dear Alison, you are in my thoughts. I hope Libby will be back home soon. All my best wishes.
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

Dear Allison, you and your family are in my thoughts as well. Hope the entire family (including the cats) are home and healthy soon.
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS